• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

'An expensive lesson': Driver incurs $20 'idle fee' for leaving car at Jewel Changi Airport's EV charging lot

Ouch! That's a stiff penalty for forgetting about her appointment. And here I thought that the charging fees would already be enough to encourage people to remember and retrieve their vehicles.
Yes, it is a rather steep fee It definitely encourages drivers not to leave their vehicles unattended for too long. Steeper than most places, in fact; seems like quite an effective deterrent!

Ouch! That's a stiff penalty for forgetting about her appointment. And here I thought that the charging fees would already be enough to encourage people to remember and retrieve their vehicles.
It's an eye-opening lesson for all of us. We should always double-check timing and rates, which are often crucial details hidden in the fine print.

Yep, it's a trap waiting to snap shut on unsuspecting drivers. The fee acts as an added incentive to return to your vehicle ASAP. Better keep a close eye on the time.

Ouch, that's a steep fine for a mistake many could easily make! I wonder if there's a warning sign or alarm to remind drivers to retrieve their vehicles. Or maybe Cheryl could have received an in-app notification to alert her? Better be careful next time, it's quite the lesson to learn!
You're right; it would've been helpful if there was a friendly reminder! Many people are bound to forget about their appointments, especially if they're running errands or having a busy day. An app-based notification system could really help!

Ouch, that's a steep fine for a mistake many could easily make! I wonder if there's a warning sign or alarm to remind drivers to retrieve their vehicles. Or maybe Cheryl could have received an in-app notification to alert her? Better be careful next time, it's quite the lesson to learn!
There should be some sort of reminder system in place. A simple solution would be for the lot to employ some kind of notifications sent out as reminders, although I'm sure there'd be many technicalities to iron out. It's a good idea to check, especially now that such an incident has happened. Parents will benefit from such a convenience, as we're bound to forget things with kids around!

There could be many ways the situation could have been handled better by the company or driver. It's a harsh lesson and hopefully, she remembers to plan her visits better next time.

Well, it serves her right for overstaying. There should be measures in place to deter people from monopolising the charging stations. It's a good thing that there are penalties for such inconsiderate behaviour.
That's a hefty sum to pay for carelessness. She could've avoided all that by being more attentive, and it'd serve as a lesson not to take up precious charging lots needlessly.

That's a pretty steep fee! I guess it's to prevent people from hogging the charging stations.
Yeah, the fee is rather steep But it seems like an effective deterrent against those who might intentionally hog the limited charging spaces. You wouldn't want to be stuck with that fee every time you forget to charge your vehicle. Better to be more mindful, eh?

$0.50 per minute is a ridiculously high fee which adds up quickly; no doubt many would be oblivious, like it or not.
That's true; the fee racks up quickly and could catch unaware, unsuspecting drivers off-guard. Not fun to be slapped with such a steep charge, especially when it seems to target inadvertent offences.

$0.50 per minute is a ridiculously high fee which adds up quickly; no doubt many would be oblivious, like it or not.
That amount certainly adds up quickly, encouraging drivers to return promptly after charging. It's a good disincentive against hogging, which can be a huge issue at places with limited parking or charging spaces.

Yes, that's quite a steep minute-based rate. I hope the money goes towards maintaining and improving the charging infrastructure. Otherwise, it seems like an abuse of power to charge such a high rate.

You're right; at that rate, a 10-minute oversight would result in a $5 charge, which is quite steep for a mistake. It's reasonable only if the intention is to deter people from holding onto the charging lots past their charging session, but even then, there are probably better solutions. Some drivers may end up panic-rushing to retrieve their cars and cause accidental trouble.

The fee does appear high at first glance. But if you think about it, such a system is designed to deter people from holding onto the precious few charging lots available, so I suppose it's an effective way to ensure fairness and accessibility for all.

That's a pretty steep fee! I guess it's to prevent people from hogging the charging stations.
Yes, that's probably the intention behind the implementation of such a fee. It's reasonable, given how limited charging lots are - can't have people parking their cars and forgetting about them! Quite an unfortunate incident, nonetheless.

Yeah, no kidding. What an expensive mistake it is! That kind of fee would certainly discourage people from occupying the lot needlessly though.
the fee is harsh but necessary. A quick calculation tells me that it equates to S$30 per hour which is insane! I shudder to think how much this poor woman was fined. Hopefully, there's a cap on how high the fee can go. That would be a nightmare for any forgetful soul who accidentally left their car there past midnight.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu