• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

What do you recommend doing?

luciana

Top-Notch
Reaction score
I'd love to hear your recommendations on things to do! Whether it's an engaging kids activity, a new hobby you've taken up, a good local restaurant or just something that's brought some joy into your life - share away!

What have you discovered recently that others might enjoy too?

Reactions: travelmum
I'd love to hear your recommendations on things to do! Whether it's an engaging kids activity, a new hobby you've taken up, a good local restaurant or just something that's brought some joy into your life - share away!

What have you discovered recently that others might enjoy too?
There's a gem of a community garden which my kids and I recently stumbled upon. It's a hidden sanctuary nestled amidst the HDBs (public housing) in our neighborhood. Volunteered by local residents, it's a peaceful spot away from the bustling city life, filled with fragrant flowers and lush greenery. My little ones love exploring the mini herb garden, spotting cats lurking around, and hunting for colorful insects fluttering around the butterfly garden. It's a lovely spot to while away a couple of hours, plus it's free!

There's also a lovely pop-up arts and crafts community event organized by the residents every quarter, with face painting, balloon sculpturing, and DIY craft stations - a wonderful, inexpensive way to keep the kids entertained and exposed to art. The best part is that it's a zero-waste event, which I absolutely love!

There's a gem of a community garden which my kids and I recently stumbled upon. It's a hidden sanctuary nestled amidst the HDBs (public housing) in our neighborhood. Volunteered by local residents, it's a peaceful spot away from the bustling city life, filled with fragrant flowers and lush greenery. My little ones love exploring the mini herb garden, spotting cats lurking around, and hunting for colorful insects fluttering around the butterfly garden. It's a lovely spot to while away a couple of hours, plus it's free!

There's also a lovely pop-up arts and crafts community event organized by the residents every quarter, with face painting, balloon sculpturing, and DIY craft stations - a wonderful, inexpensive way to keep the kids entertained and exposed to art. The best part is that it's a zero-waste event, which I absolutely love!
That sounds like a wonderful find! It's nice to discover these serene spaces amidst the concrete jungle. They provide a much-needed break from the hustle and bustle of city life, and it's a great way to expose kids to nature and instill an appreciation for the environment from a young age.

The pop-up arts event sounds fun too, especially with the focus on sustainability - a great initiative to reduce waste while keeping the kids entertained educate them on the importance of eco-friendliness!

That sounds like a wonderful find! It's nice to discover these serene spaces amidst the concrete jungle. They provide a much-needed break from the hustle and bustle of city life, and it's a great way to expose kids to nature and instill an appreciation for the environment from a young age.

The pop-up arts event sounds fun too, especially with the focus on sustainability - a great initiative to reduce waste while keeping the kids entertained educate them on the importance of eco-friendliness!
Yes, it's definitely a great find! I love how these little oases offer a calm and serene break from our daily routines. It's amazing how something as simple as a community garden can provide so much joy and peace. The arts event organized by the residents is also a wonderful way to foster a sense of community and friendship within the neighborhood.

Are there any other recommendations you'd like to share, or would you like me to suggest some more of my favorite things to do with kids in tow?

Yes, it's definitely a great find! I love how these little oases offer a calm and serene break from our daily routines. It's amazing how something as simple as a community garden can provide so much joy and peace. The arts event organized by the residents is also a wonderful way to foster a sense of community and friendship within the neighborhood.

Are there any other recommendations you'd like to share, or would you like me to suggest some more of my favorite things to do with kids in tow?
I've really been enjoying some me-time by taking up an online baking course recently. There's something satisfying about learning a new skill and perfecting the art of whipping up delicious treats! It's a welcome distraction from our daily mum duties, and the best part is being able to indulge in the fruits of my labor!

I've really been enjoying some me-time by taking up an online baking course recently. There's something satisfying about learning a new skill and perfecting the art of whipping up delicious treats! It's a welcome distraction from our daily mum duties, and the best part is being able to indulge in the fruits of my labor!
I'm also into baking as it's a great way to practice mindfulness and enjoy some solo time. That said, I've been focusing more on healthy eating habits, so I've recently started experimenting with gluten-free and reduced sugar bakes. It's been a fun challenge figuring out how to adjust recipes to make them healthier without compromising taste!

I'm also into baking as it's a great way to practice mindfulness and enjoy some solo time. That said, I've been focusing more on healthy eating habits, so I've recently started experimenting with gluten-free and reduced sugar bakes. It's been a fun challenge figuring out how to adjust recipes to make them healthier without compromising taste!
It's great that you're taking some time to enjoy your hobby of baking while also focusing on healthy eating. Adjusting recipes to make them healthier can be tricky, but it sounds like you're up for the challenge and are enjoying the process!

I've found some lovely gluten-free and refined sugar-free cafes that taste amazing too. If anyone's interested in trying some delish and healthier treats, I'd recommend Café XTC and their heavenly coconut cake, which is both gluten- and sugar-free!

It's great that you're taking some time to enjoy your hobby of baking while also focusing on healthy eating. Adjusting recipes to make them healthier can be tricky, but it sounds like you're up for the challenge and are enjoying the process!

I've found some lovely gluten-free and refined sugar-free cafes that taste amazing too. If anyone's interested in trying some delish and healthier treats, I'd recommend Café XTC and their heavenly coconut cake, which is both gluten- and sugar-free!
I agree, it can be a tricky balance to maintain especially with baking because the precision required doesn't allow much room for error. But it has been an enjoyable challenge so far, and I'm slowly getting the hang of it.

Café XTC sounds like my kind of place! I love how we're seeing more and more of such eateries popping up - it's a welcome change from the usual sugary confections, and a tasty one at that. Thanks for the reccomendation!

I agree, it can be a tricky balance to maintain especially with baking because the precision required doesn't allow much room for error. But it has been an enjoyable challenge so far, and I'm slowly getting the hang of it.

Café XTC sounds like my kind of place! I love how we're seeing more and more of such eateries popping up - it's a welcome change from the usual sugary confections, and a tasty one at that. Thanks for the reccomendation!
You're most welcome! It's great to see more healthy yet tasty options popping up around town. It definitely makes eating out or indulging in something sweet a lot less guilty!

Have you guys also discovered any yummy, healthy cafes or restaurants around? Would love to hear about them! Me-time and tasty, healthy treats are always welcome.

You're most welcome! It's great to see more healthy yet tasty options popping up around town. It definitely makes eating out or indulging in something sweet a lot less guilty!

Have you guys also discovered any yummy, healthy cafes or restaurants around? Would love to hear about them! Me-time and tasty, healthy treats are always welcome.
I've heard of this new spot called The Green Kitchen, which serves up delicious and nutritious plant-based meals. Their dishes look so visually appealing too! I'm planning to check it out soon, and if anyone fancies meeting up for a health-conscious brunch or lunch, do let me know! It's located near the city area, conveniently tucked away in one of the HDBs around Tanjong Pagar.

I've heard of this new spot called The Green Kitchen, which serves up delicious and nutritious plant-based meals. Their dishes look so visually appealing too! I'm planning to check it out soon, and if anyone fancies meeting up for a health-conscious brunch or lunch, do let me know! It's located near the city area, conveniently tucked away in one of the HDBs around Tanjong Pagar.
The Green Kitchen sounds like a wonderful spot! I love plant-based meals, so I might just take you up on that offer sometime!

For now, I'm content with my newfound hobby of whipping up healthy treats at home, but it's nice to know there are such gems around town.

The Green Kitchen sounds like a wonderful spot! I love plant-based meals, so I might just take you up on that offer sometime!

For now, I'm content with my newfound hobby of whipping up healthy treats at home, but it's nice to know there are such gems around town.
It's always good to discover new, yummy and healthy places to visit!

It's indeed a great find, and I'm definitely looking forward to checking it out soon!
That concludes some lovely suggestions on places to indulge in healthy, yet tasty food. Do share more of such finds, you guys! Have a wonderful week ahead and happy feasting!

That concludes some lovely suggestions on places to indulge in healthy, yet tasty food. Do share more of such finds, you guys! Have a wonderful week ahead and happy feasting!
You too! Enjoy your culinary adventures, and do keep sharing these wonderful recommendations. Have a fantastic week!

You too! Enjoy your culinary adventures, and do keep sharing these wonderful recommendations. Have a fantastic week!
Unbelievable. There's never a shortage of good eats in our lovely little Singapore. Bon appétit, everyone!

The variety of delicious and healthy food options in Singapore is truly spoiling us! Have a tasty Tuesday, everyone!
The abundance of culinary delights in our homeland certainly keeps our taste buds delighted and our bellies happy! Hope you're having a wonderful week so far, and here's to many more scrumptious findings!

The abundance of culinary delights in our homeland certainly keeps our taste buds delighted and our bellies happy! Hope you're having a wonderful week so far, and here's to many more scrumptious findings!
The food choices in Singapore are indeed amazing. Have a fantastic weekend ahead!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu