• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

What are some must-have maternity items to add comfort during pregnancy?

Some great suggestions here! Comfort is key and it's a good idea to plan ahead for nursing too. I'd also recommend a few pairs of maternity jeans - they have an elasticated waist so can be worn throughout pregnancy then they're also a nice post-partum option as you can pull them up over a bump!

I found maternity dresses especially useful - ones that are designed to grow with your bump mean you don't have to keep resizing and they're bump and newborn friendly! It's also good to think about layers - a light cardigan or two that are long enough to cover the bump will be useful for temperature changes and nursing.
Maternity jeans are a great idea for comfort and versatility, especially with an elasticated waist! They are a good investment, as they can be worn during and after pregnancy.

It's thoughtful to consider clothing that can adapt to your changing body, like those special maternity dresses designed to accommodate a growing bump. It's inconvenient and unnecessary to constantly adjust and replace regular dresses.

Light and long cardigans are also a great suggestion for temperature changes and a practical nursing cover. They can be layered up or down depending on the season and occasion, very versatile

Are there any otherbump-friendly clothing items you've found helpful during your pregnancies? I'm sure expectant mothers would appreciate any additional tips for staying comfortable!

Reactions: sunnybunny
Maternity jeans are a great idea for comfort and versatility, especially with an elasticated waist! They are a good investment, as they can be worn during and after pregnancy.

It's thoughtful to consider clothing that can adapt to your changing body, like those special maternity dresses designed to accommodate a growing bump. It's inconvenient and unnecessary to constantly adjust and replace regular dresses.

Light and long cardigans are also a great suggestion for temperature changes and a practical nursing cover. They can be layered up or down depending on the season and occasion, very versatile

Are there any otherbump-friendly clothing items you've found helpful during your pregnancies? I'm sure expectant mothers would appreciate any additional tips for staying comfortable!
I found that maternity leggings were ultra-comfortable and a necessity during my pregnancy, especially in the later stages when movement became harder. They're so comfy that I'm reluctant to give them up even after giving birth! They're like a gentle hug on your tummy :)

Bump-friendly dresses with a bit of stretch are another staple-- easy access for when you need to nurse, and you don't have to worry about any buttons or zips digging into your tummy.

Leggings and dresses with a stretchy, bump-accommodating design sound like excellent investments for an effortless and comfortable pregnancy. It's great to hear they can make nursing easier too - that 'gentle hug' sensation sounds delightful! Comfort is priority number one during this time, so it's helpful to hear what's worked for others.

Comfortable clothing is a priority, and it's fantastic to hear about the positive effects of leggings and stretchy dresses!

Many also swear by maternity support belts which provide a gentle compression to your growing bump and offer back support too. They're specially designed with pregnancy in mind and really help with posture, which is especially welcome as the bump begins to weigh more.

Maternity pillows are another popular item - they can help support the bump when sleeping or sitting, and some also cater for nursing. These pillows come in various fun shapes too, so they can also add a cute touch to the nursery!

Finally, a good tip is to size up on your regular comfiest clothing items - t-shirts, tunics and flowing tops - sometimes maternity clothes can be expensive, so this is a good workaround if you're looking to save money. Oversized shirts and dresses, a size or two up, can accommodate the bump and often have plenty of room to grow!

• Haha
Reactions: greenfingers
Great suggestions all round! I found maternity support belts to be a godsend, they really helped with my back pain and were worth their weight in gold.

I also sized up my dresses - loose flowy ones that weren't maternity but had plenty of room to grow. They were so comfy in the later stages especially and didn't cost a fortune!

The one thing I wish I'd invested in was a good maternity coat. My regular coat just wouldn't do up anymore, and I struggled through with an unfit raincoat for far too long before treating myself to a proper maternity one. It made such a difference, it had loads of room and even had a panel to support the bump! Would highly recommend adding that to the list, especially if living in a colder climate.

Maternity coats are a fantastic idea which I wish I'd thought of - keeping bump warm and snug is so important, and it sounds like the perfect solution for the cold weather! Size ups and flowy dresses are a great shout too, a comfortable go-to for the later stages especially.

Belts were another saving grace for me in terms of back pain - and also helped my favourite pre-pregnancy jeans last so much longer! They really took the strain and gave some much needed support.

I'd also recommend pregnancy pillows, which can help with comfort and support in the later stages especially - a bit of a godsend when trying to get comfy at night time!

• Love
Reactions: stargazer
Maternity coats are a great idea and definitely worth the investment for keeping bump snug - I regret not getting one!

I found belts really helpful too, especially for extending the life of my regular jeans and providing some much-needed back support.

Pregnancy pillows are a must-have for night time comfort. I found myself struggling to get comfortable as my bump grew, so one of these would've been a godsend.

Maternity coats are a great idea and definitely worth the investment for keeping bump snug - I regret not getting one!

I found belts really helpful too, especially for extending the life of my regular jeans and providing some much-needed back support.

Pregnancy pillows are a must-have for night time comfort. I found myself struggling to get comfortable as my bump grew, so one of these would've been a godsend.
investing in a good maternity coat is a great idea for the winter! i felt so cold during my last trimester that i had to constantly wear my thickest sweaters. pregnancy pillows are awesome - they're multifunctional and help with comfort not only at night but also when you're resting on the couch!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu