• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

What are some must-have maternity items to add comfort during pregnancy?

That's a great tip about the cardigans - and they're so versatile too. I found that some loose-fitting tops with a bit of stretch were also comfortable, especially ones that had plenty of room to grow!

• Love
Reactions: bananarama
That's a great tip about the cardigans - and they're so versatile too. I found that some loose-fitting tops with a bit of stretch were also comfortable, especially ones that had plenty of room to grow!
Yep, comfy stretching tops are a great idea! They grow with you and don't restrict movement. I had a few of those myself and they were life (and belly) savers!

• Love
Reactions: luciana
Comfy stretching tops are a wardrobe essential during pregnancy! They're so convenient as they can accommodate the growing bump and ensure comfort throughout the trimesters. It's a practical and comfortable solution for those days when nothing seems to fit anymore.

• Haha
Reactions: sunflower
Stretchy pants are also a lifesaver! You can wear them during and after pregnancy, especially good for the days you just want to feel secure and comfortable down under. Also, I found that investing in a few pairs of maternity leggings with a high waistband was super helpful - they were so comfy and grew with my bump which was a plus since nothing else fit!

Reactions: sportytina
Good call on the stretchy pants - definitely a staple item! And those maternity leggings sound amazing, especially with the flexible waistband - it's great when things can adapt and grow with the bump. I think it's so worthwhile to get a few key comfortable pieces that can see you through pregnancy, and beyond if possible.

• Love
Reactions: musical
Good call on the stretchy pants - definitely a staple item! And those maternity leggings sound amazing, especially with the flexible waistband - it's great when things can adapt and grow with the bump. I think it's so worthwhile to get a few key comfortable pieces that can see you through pregnancy, and beyond if possible.
Invest in quality pregnancy jeggings/leggings. You won't regret it! They're also good for disguise when you're struggling to fit into your regular clothes. Make sure there's ample room for the belly to grow though - trust me on this one.

Leggings are a great idea! They're super comfortable and versatile, you can dress them up or down. It's also a good call to ensure there's room for growth - some women make the mistake of buying early on thinking it'll fit later and it doesn't!

Maybe also suggest some maternity underwear which has plenty of belly coverage too. Don't want any awkward panty lines! And pregnancy-friendly tops that are longer in length work well too, especially as the bump grows.

What other items have you found comfortable during your pregnancy?

I'd also suggest investing in a couple of pairs of maternity jeans - they're so comfy and can be dressed up or down too. I found myself living in loose, flowy dresses from mid-pregnancy onwards; they were cool and comfortable and looked cute with a little bump.

Also, I agree with the earlier comment about the belly band - it gave me so much support and meant I could continue wearing my regular tops longer because it held everything in place. And it helped keep those annoying panty lines at bay too!

Pillows are also a great investment. I found a firm pregnancy pillow that went between my knees and bumped kept me comfortable all night. But even just regular pillows can be arranged to support the bump when lying down or sitting up in bed - super helpful for some comfort when your bump is getting bigger.

And finally, maternity tights! They're brilliant if you need to dress up a bit more formally. They have a soft panel that sits over the bump and they come in different colours too.

Comfort is key - you want to feel as relaxed as possible during this special time! So exciting!

I'd also suggest investing in a couple of pairs of maternity jeans - they're so comfy and can be dressed up or down too. I found myself living in loose, flowy dresses from mid-pregnancy onwards; they were cool and comfortable and looked cute with a little bump.

Also, I agree with the earlier comment about the belly band - it gave me so much support and meant I could continue wearing my regular tops longer because it held everything in place. And it helped keep those annoying panty lines at bay too!

Pillows are also a great investment. I found a firm pregnancy pillow that went between my knees and bumped kept me comfortable all night. But even just regular pillows can be arranged to support the bump when lying down or sitting up in bed - super helpful for some comfort when your bump is getting bigger.

And finally, maternity tights! They're brilliant if you need to dress up a bit more formally. They have a soft panel that sits over the bump and they come in different colours too.

Comfort is key - you want to feel as relaxed as possible during this special time! So exciting!
Maternity jeans and tights for the win! Comfortable and versatile; they're must-haves for any expecting mom who wants to stay fashionable. And of course, pillows for that extra comfort and support during those tiring times.

Pillows are a great idea! I'd also recommend investing in some maternity belts - they offer amazing support for your bump and back, especially towards the end of pregnancy when you're really feeling the strain. They helped me a lot with my first pregnancy and I'm definitely using one again this time around.

Also, if you're planning on breastfeeding, those same soft and stretchy nursing dresses that you wear during pregnancy are great for the fourth trimester too - so comfortable and easy access for feeding!

Pillows are a great idea! I'd also recommend investing in some maternity belts - they offer amazing support for your bump and back, especially towards the end of pregnancy when you're really feeling the strain. They helped me a lot with my first pregnancy and I'm definitely using one again this time around.

Also, if you're planning on breastfeeding, those same soft and stretchy nursing dresses that you wear during pregnancy are great for the fourth trimester too - so comfortable and easy access for feeding!
I second the maternity belt; it helps to have some of the load taken off your back! As for the nursing dresses, they are a great idea for after the birth - comfortable and functional. There's no need to invest in special breastfeeding-friendly clothing, though, as some regular old shirts will do just fine too! You just need to pull them up or undo a couple of buttons.

Pillows and maternity belts are a godsend for pregnant bumps, especially the latter when back strain kicks in. Those nursing dresses are versatile too, useful even after the baby arrives, saving you money in the long run! Dresses with easy access make breastfeeding much more manageable during those initial challenging days.

I second the maternity belt; it helps to have some of the load taken off your back! As for the nursing dresses, they are a great idea for after the birth - comfortable and functional. There's no need to invest in special breastfeeding-friendly clothing, though, as some regular old shirts will do just fine too! You just need to pull them up or undo a couple of buttons.
Yup, I agree! Maternity belt and nursing dresses are super comfortable and convenient. For nursing dresses, the functionality makes it so much easier for discreet feeding too! Regular shirts can definitely work for breastfeeding as well but having a few nursing-friendly dresses can be a time saver and a comfy option for the post-pregnancy period!

Some mums might prefer other types of clothing for comfort during and after pregnancy though, so it's good to hear about all options!

• Haha
Reactions: bookworm
Pillows and maternity belts are a godsend for pregnant bumps, especially the latter when back strain kicks in. Those nursing dresses are versatile too, useful even after the baby arrives, saving you money in the long run! Dresses with easy access make breastfeeding much more manageable during those initial challenging days.
I agree! I was all about the pillows and belts; they're like having a portable support system for your bump! And yes, nursing dresses are super convenient, especially when you're figuring out breastfeeding - anything to make life easier during the early days is a win in my book!

I second the nursing dresses! They're so comfortable and saves you the trouble of figuring out how to feed your baby discreetly. Maternity leggings are also a pregnant mama's BFF -- they adapt to your changing body and are so comfy!

I second the nursing dresses! They're so comfortable and saves you the trouble of figuring out how to feed your baby discreetly. Maternity leggings are also a pregnant mama's BFF -- they adapt to your changing body and are so comfy!
Yah, I wore leggings throughout my two pregnancies, they were a godsend as my belly grew! I also found that investing in a few good pairs of pregnancy support wear really helped ease some of the aches and pains that came with the territory. You know, the kind that help with blood circulation and give gentle support to your back and bump?

And I agree about the nursing dresses too. I had no idea how helpful they would be for discreet nursing! The built-in layers or openings make breastfeeding so much easier and more comfortable - a real godsend for new mums.

Yah, I wore leggings throughout my two pregnancies, they were a godsend as my belly grew! I also found that investing in a few good pairs of pregnancy support wear really helped ease some of the aches and pains that came with the territory. You know, the kind that help with blood circulation and give gentle support to your back and bump?

And I agree about the nursing dresses too. I had no idea how helpful they would be for discreet nursing! The built-in layers or openings make breastfeeding so much easier and more comfortable - a real godsend for new mums.
Leggings and support wear are a pregnant lady's best friends! They help with discomfort and aches, especially as your belly grows past your centre of gravity. Discreet nursing attire is a bonus for new mums too!

Maternity leggings are definitely a good investment, especially ones designed to grow with your bump and not lose their shape. Supportive and comfortable undergarments are another great idea as well as nursing-friendly clothing for afterwards - so many new mums don't think about this until baby arrives!

Leggings and supportive undies are a good place to start!

Also worth considering are some loose, comfortable dresses, maybe a few sizes bigger than your normal so they can accommodate a growing bump and also not be too tight after baby arrives - great for those hot, sweaty newborn nights!

It's so smart to think about nursing-friendly clothing too - I wish I'd given that more thought, it would have made life so much easier!

Some great suggestions here! Comfort is key and it's a good idea to plan ahead for nursing too. I'd also recommend a few pairs of maternity jeans - they have an elasticated waist so can be worn throughout pregnancy then they're also a nice post-partum option as you can pull them up over a bump!

I found maternity dresses especially useful - ones that are designed to grow with your bump mean you don't have to keep resizing and they're bump and newborn friendly! It's also good to think about layers - a light cardigan or two that are long enough to cover the bump will be useful for temperature changes and nursing.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu