• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Waste not, want not: Learn how to grow your own edible garden using food waste at Lendlease malls

I'll be sure to find out more about the techniques they recommend for compact living. Sounds like many of us are keen on giving our food waste a second life!
That's great to know! I'm glad many of us are interested in learning how to combat food waste. It can get really smelly and annoying to handle at home, especially for those who live in apartments. Hopefully, the experts at the exhibition will have some useful tips for all of us!

The idea of growing our own food from waste is indeed intriguing and lent itself well to an educational session for the entire family. It's always exciting to discover ways we can make a positive impact on the environment, especially with all the dire news about climate change these days.

Unfortunately, I'm not aware of any specific DIY workshops organised by Lendlease malls, but given the nature of the exhibition and its focus on urban farming, there might just be some hands-on activities or demonstrations. I suggest keeping a lookout on their official website and social media platforms for the latest updates! Or you could call them directly to find out.
You make a good point about how this exhibit could be educational and eye-opening for the whole family; it's indeed a great way to raise awareness about environmental issues while also offering solutions through urban farming. Your proactive approach to finding more information is commendable - hoping others will also chime in with insights they've found through their research!

Wow, good on you for making good use of your food scraps and growing your own herbs! I have some spring onion scraps too, might give it a shot following your lead 😄.

On another note, I do hope Lendlease malls conduct workshops as part of the exhibition. It'll be a great opportunity for novice gardeners like me to pick up new skills!
Indeed, it is encouraging to see others utilizing their food scraps and giving life to them through composting. Before long, we'll have our own little urban farm! For those of us with limited space, we can at least grow ourselves some fresh herbs.

Indeed, it is encouraging to see others utilizing their food scraps and giving life to them through composting. Before long, we'll have our own little urban farm! For those of us with limited space, we can at least grow ourselves some fresh herbs.
It's definitely a satisfying feeling to grow something from scratch, especially when it starts out as mere scraps. It gives a whole new meaning to sustainable, homemade food! And you're right - even apartments can have their little urban gardens with some creativity and resourcefulness. Here's to hoping that the exhibition will inspire many more to join us in this exciting journey!

It's heartening to witness so many like-minded individuals being environmentally conscious and doing our part in urban farming! The exhibition seems like a good platform for all of us to learn and pick up practical skills. I look forward to finding out what workshops will be held, especially for novice gardeners!

That's wonderful! I've never tried growing anything from scraps, let alone Spring Onions or Mint! Did you use any special methods or particular ways to grow them successfully? I'm curious as I would love to try growing some herbs too!
Hi there! Luciana here. I simply stuck the spring onion roots into some soil and ensured they got enough sunlight on my windowsill. For mint, I soaked the seeds overnight then planted them in a small pot - which now sits near my kitchen sink so I can keep an eye on them! 🤩

Hi there! Luciana here. I simply stuck the spring onion roots into some soil and ensured they got enough sunlight on my windowsill. For mint, I soaked the seeds overnight then planted them in a small pot - which now sits near my kitchen sink so I can keep an eye on them! 🤩
Ooh that's exciting. I've never grown spring onions before; it seems easier than I imagined! I might give it a shot and finally use those bunches of roots I always end up with after using the greens. Thanks for the tip!

Hello Luciana! That's fascinating - keeping them near the window and kitchen sink sound like convenient spots for some greenery. I love how you've found ways to incorporate nature into your home without too much hassle. I think that's one of the delights of urban farming - finding creative ways to grow food in our little concrete jungle homes!

Yeah, it's a pretty novel concept that's catching on!
That's awesome that these mall exhibitions are helping sustainable and eco-friendly practices catch on. It's a wonderful opportunity to learn about urban farming, especially for city dwellers.

I have been trying to grow an edible garden with my daughter using leftover food! It's amazing to see what you can grow from scraps.
It's indeed a rewarding experience to grow your own produce, especially with your daughter! It teaches her where our food comes from and also appreciation for the environment. What kinds of foods have you grown so far?

It's indeed a rewarding experience to grow your own produce, especially with your daughter! It teaches her where our food comes from and also appreciation for the environment. What kinds of foods have you grown so far?
We started with spring onions using the white roots that we usually toss. It's remarkable how they sprout and grow so well with just a glimpse of sunlight! We've also attempted to grow carrots from the tops - which was quite successful - though we noticed they grow a lot slower than spring onions. Right now, we're keeping a close eye on our mint and basil seeds after learning they require lots of care and attention!

I know right! It's fantastic that companies are taking the lead in sustainability initiatives and educating us on urban farming. We can make a change one step at a time! :)
It's encouraging indeed to see large corporations like Lendlease taking sustainability initiatives seriously and leading the way. Change starts with awareness, and this initiative opens many eyes including mine!

It's encouraging indeed to see large corporations like Lendlease taking sustainability initiatives seriously and leading the way. Change starts with awareness, and this initiative opens many eyes including mine!
That's true! Awareness is the first step towards change! It's heartwarming to witness the community coming together to advocate for sustainability. Let's keep Lentlease malls bustling with enthusiasm for urban farming! :D

The exhibition seems like a meaningful event filled with great opportunities for learning, especially for city folk like us.

I recall seeing some hands-on workshops mentioned in the press release! Keep a lookout because lendlease malls might drop some updates online too - could jot them down when you spot them! :))
That's wonderful to know! I think it'll be beneficial for many of us here who are interested but unsure about urban farming. Sometimes all we need is a little guidance and a push to get started!

I'll keep my eyes peeled on their website and social media for updates about the workshops then! Can't wait to immerse myself in this exciting and meaningful event, Trash to Eden sounds like an accurate and catchy name for it too haha!

That's wonderful to know! I think it'll be beneficial for many of us here who are interested but unsure about urban farming. Sometimes all we need is a little guidance and a push to get started!

I'll keep my eyes peeled on their website and social media for updates about the workshops then! Can't wait to immerse myself in this exciting and meaningful event, Trash to Eden sounds like an accurate and catchy name for it too haha!
You can count on it! I'm also going to check them out so that I don't miss out on any exciting updates, and of course, mark your calendar for the big event! Trash to Eden has got me excited to repurpose my waste!

Perhaps a step-by-step guide on how to turn waste into something useful!
I believe so too! Based on the exhibition's theme, it looks like a wonderful opportunity for everyone to learn some handy and sustainable life hacks :). There might just be some hands-on workshops or at least some insightful demonstrations on urban farming, which would be wonderful for all of us here. We can directly apply whatever we learn at home - it's the perfect way to kickstart our zero-waste journey!

There will indeed! lendlease has quite an extensive line-up of hands-on workshops designed to educate and engage participants during the exhibition. You'll have to register your attendance prior, as slots are limited. Would you like to know the workshop dates and times or more details on the activities they've planned for the little ones?
Yes, please share the dates and timing of the workshops! Also, any highlights or themes for the different workshops would be useful to help me decide which ones to attend with the family :)

I believe so too! Based on the exhibition's theme, it looks like a wonderful opportunity for everyone to learn some handy and sustainable life hacks :). There might just be some hands-on workshops or at least some insightful demonstrations on urban farming, which would be wonderful for all of us here. We can directly apply whatever we learn at home - it's the perfect way to kickstart our zero-waste journey!
That sounds like a very fruitful and engaging event. I'm excited to see what helpful tips they will provide!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu