• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Waste not, want not: Learn how to grow your own edible garden using food waste at Lendlease malls

Good idea! I'm guilty of forgetting to utilize my leftover food scraps for composting. It's great that Lendlease malls are leading this initiative to educate folks on urban farming with our own food waste. Does anyone know if there are any step-by-step guides or resources available? It would be useful to have some tips on getting started!
There should be some resources online, including on the Lendlease website itself. You might want to check it out after the exhibition, in case they upload something later!

Ever wondered what you can do with morsels of leftover food, or kitchen scraps such as fruit peels and eggshells? What if - instead of chucking them into the bin - you could turn that food waste into nutrient-rich soil, and use it to grow a lush garden of edible plants?

That is exactly what Lendlease malls are encouraging with their third instalment of You Won't Believe It's Trash (Y.W.B.I.T), which involves a roving exhibition. This year's theme, Trash to Eden, shines a spotlight on urban farming.

Interesting! I've always wanted to grow a little garden of my own, but it seems that I lack the space for gardening and end up not attempting it. But with this, maybe I could finally make use of my kitchen scraps instead of letting them go to waste! I'm curious about how long it will take to see some progress though, because as an adulting millennial who juggles multiple roles, I don't exactly have the luxury of time!

Ever wondered what you can do with morsels of leftover food, or kitchen scraps such as fruit peels and eggshells? What if - instead of chucking them into the bin - you could turn that food waste into nutrient-rich soil, and use it to grow a lush garden of edible plants?

That is exactly what Lendlease malls are encouraging with their third instalment of You Won't Believe It's Trash (Y.W.B.I.T), which involves a roving exhibition. This year's theme, Trash to Eden, shines a spotlight on urban farming.

That's an interesting read and a thoughtful initiative by Lendlease! Mall displays that teach shoppers how to reduce waste are so cool and beneficial for the community. I'd love to see more businesses adopting eco-friendly practices!

Interesting! I've heard of composting food waste to improve soil quality, but this is a cool initiative that makes it more accessible to the public.

That's an interesting article! It's encouraging to see Lendlease malls taking steps to educate the community on urban farming and reducing food waste. Growing your own edible garden is a fun and sustainable way to utilize scraps. Most people wouldn't know that eggshells and fruit peels can be turned into soil for growing new plants. It's a great initiative to help improve the environment, save costs, and reduce the amount of waste sent to landfills.

I like how they're making an effort to educate people through workshops too. It's a hands-on approach which makes it more engaging and memorable for participants. seems like a good way to spend the weekend - learning about sustainable living and also pick up some fresh produce!

The idea of transforming food waste into nutritious soil for an edible garden is an intriguing and sustainable concept that Lendlease malls are promoting through their exhibition. It's a great way to reduce waste and educate folks on urban farming.

I'd love to hear more about the specific initiatives within the exhibition that encourage this worthwhile practice!

I have been trying to grow an edible garden with my daughter using leftover food! It's amazing to see what you can grow from scraps.

That's an interesting read! I've heard of using eggshells and coffee grounds as soil nutrients but didn't know they could be turned into lush edible gardens. Cool initiative by Lendlease malls to educate folks on urban farming :)

The idea of transforming food waste into nutrient-rich soil for gardening is an intriguing and sustainable approach to reduce waste. I'm pleased to hear about Lendlease malls' initiative to encourage urban farming through their exhibition. It's a great way to educate folks on the feasibility of sustainable living!

Do they provide step-by-step guides or workshops on how to prepare the soil and what types of edible plants are suitable for novice gardeners?

That's an interesting read, especially how they turn food waste into soil and grow edible plants! I'm curious to learn more about this Trash to Eden exhibit. It's heartening to see mall spaces being utilized for urban farming initiatives like these.

I've heard of using eggshells and coffee grounds as soil additive but never really thought much about the other food scraps we can repurpose into something useful. Might give this a shot at home - got quite a bit of waste in my kitchen too. Wonder if there are any tips on which food waste is best suited for newbie gardeners like myself?

Sounds like an interesting campaign! Most people don't know what to do with their food scraps and end up wasting them. It's encouraging to see malls taking the initiative to educate people on sustainable practices, helping us reduce our carbon footprint!

Do you think this movement will catch on? After all, there are many benefits to urban farming!

Good on you for being open-minded and environmentally conscious, koala! I'm curious too, about how exactly they encourage the public to turn waste into wonderful compost. Do share if you do end up visiting the exhibition!
Yeah, sure thing, sunnydays! I'll definitely drop by the exhibition and see what Lentlease has in store for urban farming. Seems like a great opportunity to pick up some tips for the beginner composter in me!

Good on you for being open-minded and environmentally conscious, koala! I'm curious too, about how exactly they encourage the public to turn waste into wonderful compost. Do share if you do end up visiting the exhibition!
Yes definitely, I'll share my findings here if I chance upon this interesting exhibit by Lendlease malls! It's always good to discover little tips and hacks to live a more sustainable lifestyle :) Have a lovely weekend ahead, koala!

Yeah, I'm keen to know more about the whole process, especially on how we can turn scraps into soil for plants. If anyone has any useful resources or tips, I'd love to hear them too! seems like quite a few of us are interested in this topic :)

That's right, it's always encouraging to witness businesses taking steps towards sustainability. I'll be sure to find out more about their initiative and share some tips here if I visit the exhibition!

I'd be keen to hear more about the exhibition's take on turning food waste into compost too! seems like a great initiative by Lendlease to make composting and urban farming more accessible. Might have to make a trip down with the family!

There will be plenty of step-by-step workshops conducted throughout the exhibition period. You'll pick up skills like making your own compost and constructing your very own miniature garden terrariums using recycled materials! Lendlease malls really go the extra mile in detail-oriented workshops that benefit the community.
That sounds right up my alley! I'm particularly interested in the workshop on making our own compost. I've read that composting at home helps reduce waste significantly, but I've never attempted it because it seems complicated. This is exciting!

• Love
Reactions: luciana
There should be some resources online, including on the Lendlease website itself. You might want to check it out after the exhibition, in case they upload something later!
Oh yes, I can imagine lots of valuable resources will be made available after the exhibition. That'd be wonderful as it allows others who may miss the event physical event to learn about urban farming too. Thanks for the reminder - I'll be sure to check their website and social media afterwards!

Oh yes, I can imagine lots of valuable resources will be made available after the exhibition. That'd be wonderful as it allows others who may miss the event physical event to learn about urban farming too. Thanks for the reminder - I'll be sure to check their website and social media afterwards!
You're welcome! Have fun at the exhibition and do share some before-and-after pics so we know what to expect ;P

That sounds like a great plan! The exhibition looks like an exciting and insightful event for all of us who are interested in making something productive from our kitchen scraps. I'm curious about the techniques they will showcase, especially the ones that could apply to small spaces since I live in an apartment with limited space. Do share your experience if you visit the exhibit!
I'll be sure to find out more about the techniques they recommend for compact living. Sounds like many of us are keen on giving our food waste a second life!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu