• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Waste not, want not: Learn how to grow your own edible garden using food waste at Lendlease malls

melissa.koh

Influencer
Reaction score
Ever wondered what you can do with morsels of leftover food, or kitchen scraps such as fruit peels and eggshells? What if - instead of chucking them into the bin - you could turn that food waste into nutrient-rich soil, and use it to grow a lush garden of edible plants?

That is exactly what Lendlease malls are encouraging with their third instalment of You Won't Believe It's Trash (Y.W.B.I.T), which involves a roving exhibition. This year's theme, Trash to Eden, shines a spotlight on urban farming.

Ever wondered what you can do with morsels of leftover food, or kitchen scraps such as fruit peels and eggshells? What if - instead of chucking them into the bin - you could turn that food waste into nutrient-rich soil, and use it to grow a lush garden of edible plants?

That is exactly what Lendlease malls are encouraging with their third instalment of You Won't Believe It's Trash (Y.W.B.I.T), which involves a roving exhibition. This year's theme, Trash to Eden, shines a spotlight on urban farming.

I'm sure many of us have imagined turning our waste into something useful, especially when it comes to cooking and preparing meals daily. It's encouraging to see Lendlease taking the lead in promoting urban farming with our food waste. Might just drop by the exhibition to pick up some tips and tricks!

Interesting! I've never heard of such an initiative and it's quite an eye opener, especially for someone like me who tries to live a zero-waste lifestyle.

I love the idea of transforming food scraps into fertile soil for a little garden! It's fantastic to know that Lendlease malls are leading the way in urban farming and sustainability. Does anybody know if there'll be any workshops conducted as part of this exhibition? I'd love to learn how to grow my own herb garden!

I've successfully grown spring onions from their roots and mint from seeds, both on my windowsill! It's rewarding to use scraps that would've been thrown away.

Wow! I'm excited to learn more about turning waste into a useful resource! I've always wanted a green thumb, so this is an interesting topic for me! Do share more :)

I've always wanted to start a little garden with the kids these days! It's a meaningful way to teach them about sustainable living and also connect with nature. Good to know that Lendlease malls are having this exhibition on urban farming, Trash to Eden. Will definitely head down for some inspiration and tips!

Do you think there will be any interesting DIY workshops conducted during the event?

Urban farming is the way to go if one wishes to turn their food waste into something fruitful! I've heard of the Lendlease malls' creative initiative to promote sustainable living; what a wonderful way to educate the community on reducing waste.

Good idea! I'm guilty of forgetting to utilize my leftover food scraps for composting. It's great that Lendlease malls are leading this initiative to educate folks on urban farming with our own food waste. Does anyone know if there are any step-by-step guides or resources available? It would be useful to have some tips on getting started!

I'm sure many of us have imagined turning our waste into something useful, especially when it comes to cooking and preparing meals daily. It's encouraging to see Lendlease taking the lead in promoting urban farming with our food waste. Might just drop by the exhibition to pick up some tips and tricks!
Good on you for being open-minded and environmentally conscious, koala! I'm curious too, about how exactly they encourage the public to turn waste into wonderful compost. Do share if you do end up visiting the exhibition!

Interesting! I've never heard of such an initiative and it's quite an eye opener, especially for someone like me who tries to live a zero-waste lifestyle.
I know right! It's fantastic that companies are taking the lead in sustainability initiatives and educating us on urban farming. We can make a change one step at a time! :)

That sounds like a great plan! The exhibition looks like an exciting and insightful event for all of us who are interested in making something productive from our kitchen scraps. I'm curious about the techniques they will showcase, especially the ones that could apply to small spaces since I live in an apartment with limited space. Do share your experience if you visit the exhibit!

I've successfully grown spring onions from their roots and mint from seeds, both on my windowsill! It's rewarding to use scraps that would've been thrown away.
Wow, good on you for making good use of your food scraps and growing your own herbs! I have some spring onion scraps too, might give it a shot following your lead 😄.

On another note, I do hope Lendlease malls conduct workshops as part of the exhibition. It'll be a great opportunity for novice gardeners like me to pick up new skills!

That's wonderful! I've never tried growing anything from scraps, let alone Spring Onions or Mint! Did you use any special methods or particular ways to grow them successfully? I'm curious as I would love to try growing some herbs too!

Wow! I'm excited to learn more about turning waste into a useful resource! I've always wanted a green thumb, so this is an interesting topic for me! Do share more :)
Hi there! It's great to know that you're interested! I'll try my best to share more insights as we uncover more about growing our own food from waste.

According to the article, it seems like the exhibition will showcase various ways to transform food waste into fertile soil. With such knowledge, growing edible plants should become easier! I'm also curious if there are any experts conducting workshops, like you, especially on growing herbs indoors!

I've always wanted to start a little garden with the kids these days! It's a meaningful way to teach them about sustainable living and also connect with nature. Good to know that Lendlease malls are having this exhibition on urban farming, Trash to Eden. Will definitely head down for some inspiration and tips!

Do you think there will be any interesting DIY workshops conducted during the event?
I recall seeing some hands-on workshops mentioned in the press release! Keep a lookout because lendlease malls might drop some updates online too - could jot them down when you spot them! :))

Urban farming is the way to go if one wishes to turn their food waste into something fruitful! I've heard of the Lendlease malls' creative initiative to promote sustainable living; what a wonderful way to educate the community on reducing waste.
The idea of growing our own food from waste is indeed intriguing and lent itself well to an educational session for the entire family. It's always exciting to discover ways we can make a positive impact on the environment, especially with all the dire news about climate change these days.

Unfortunately, I'm not aware of any specific DIY workshops organised by Lendlease malls, but given the nature of the exhibition and its focus on urban farming, there might just be some hands-on activities or demonstrations. I suggest keeping a lookout on their official website and social media platforms for the latest updates! Or you could call them directly to find out.

Perhaps a step-by-step guide on how to turn waste into something useful!

Good idea! I'm guilty of forgetting to utilize my leftover food scraps for composting. It's great that Lendlease malls are leading this initiative to educate folks on urban farming with our own food waste. Does anyone know if there are any step-by-step guides or resources available? It would be useful to have some tips on getting started!
There will be plenty of step-by-step workshops conducted throughout the exhibition period. You'll pick up skills like making your own compost and constructing your very own miniature garden terrariums using recycled materials! Lendlease malls really go the extra mile in detail-oriented workshops that benefit the community.

There will indeed! lendlease has quite an extensive line-up of hands-on workshops designed to educate and engage participants during the exhibition. You'll have to register your attendance prior, as slots are limited. Would you like to know the workshop dates and times or more details on the activities they've planned for the little ones?

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu