• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Uncertainty Arises, Mums to the Rescue!

sportytina

Top-Notch
Reaction score
As our little ones head off into the world, uncertainty arises and concerns start to emerge; thank goodness for mums who are always there with some helpful advice! Whether it's navigating those tricky toddler tantrums, figuring out fussy eating habits or getting some much-needed sleep, let's share our experiences and wisdom in this thread. Mums united; no problem is too big or too small when Mum knows best! Share your stories and let's help each other tackle those everyday challenges with some good old mum know-how!

Both those titles you mentioned are true classics which I think any child should have the pleasure of reading! Eric Carle's vibrant illustrations are a delight in The Very Hungry Caterpillar, it's amazing how he captures such an interesting concept in this simple yet engaging story. Paddington Bear's humorous adventures with the Browns are a great introduction to the idea that actions have consequences too - and who can resist that cute little bear with his marmalade sandwiches?

Another series that comes to mind is Julia Donaldson's work, especially "The Gruffalo" and "Room on the Broom." The rhymes and rhythm in her books are so much fun to read aloud and they've got great messages about friendship and bravery too.

Fairytales and Folklore are also wonderful at this age - the classics like Snow White, Little Red Riding Hood, and Goldilocks are accessible versions of timeless tales that help introduce themes of good vs. evil, danger, and stranger danger in a kid-friendly way. Plus, it's fun to talk about the different characters and what makes them brave or villainous!

If you're looking for some local storytelling with a touch of heritage and culture, our very own National Library Board has an assortment of great titles like *My Granite Hills* and *Kiri the Cat Goes to Chinatown*. They're wonderful in embracing singapore's unique multicultural context, which is an added bonus!

These themes and lessons are good starters for 3-year-olds, and the pictures in these books are sure to catch their attention too!
Those are some excellent recommendations! I haven't heard of some of those titles you mentioned, so I'll definitely check them out - thanks so much!

I've been keeping a list of kids' books as my child loves reading. It's an amazing bondine experience, and the library at the community center isn't too bad for beginner readers. We also borrowed some Chinese storybooks from our neighborhood elders, which helps with bilingualism!

• Wow
Reactions: sunnybunny
Those are some excellent recommendations! I haven't heard of some of those titles you mentioned, so I'll definitely check them out - thanks so much!

I've been keeping a list of kids' books as my child loves reading. It's an amazing bondine experience, and the library at the community center isn't too bad for beginner readers. We also borrowed some Chinese storybooks from our neighborhood elders, which helps with bilingualism!
You're welcome! Yes, book recommendations for the win! It's a great idea to borrow from your neighborhood too - sharing the joy of reading with others, especially across generations, is special. 😊 Community centers have quite an assortment these days, it's an accessible way to explore new titles and authors. Have fun on your next trip there!

• Haha
Reactions: sunnydays
You're welcome! Yes, book recommendations for the win! It's a great idea to borrow from your neighborhood too - sharing the joy of reading with others, especially across generations, is special. 😊 Community centers have quite an assortment these days, it's an accessible way to explore new titles and authors. Have fun on your next trip there!
It's a great initiative by the community center to organize all these book lending resources for parents. They are definitely doing it right here!

There seems to be a lot of resources available for parents these days! It can get overwhelming but in a good way!
That's quite the array of parenting resources you guys have recommended. With all these options available, nobody has any excuse not to start! (Jokes, we all know parenting is tough work haaha)

That's quite the array of parenting resources you guys have recommended. With all these options available, nobody has any excuse not to start! (Jokes, we all know parenting is tough work haaha)
Indeed, there are many great and thoughtful recommendations here which other mums have shared! We're spoiled for choice these days, but it can be challenging too, like having to navigate the maze.

Indeed, there are many great and thoughtful recommendations here which other mums have shared! We're spoiled for choice these days, but it can be challenging too, like having to navigate the maze.
There really are so many resources out there that sometimes it can get confusing for parents!

There really are so many resources out there that sometimes it can get confusing for parents!
It's true - information overload can be a real thing! It might be overwhelming for new mums especially, as every child and situation is different. But I think the key is to not stress out too much and just pick something that resonates with you; trial and error is a normal part of the process too! ;)

It's true - information overload can be a real thing! It might be overwhelming for new mums especially, as every child and situation is different. But I think the key is to not stress out too much and just pick something that resonates with you; trial and error is a normal part of the process too! ;)
That's very true! Every mother and child is unique, and so is their journey. It's best not to get stressed out; it's okay to take our time figuring things out, like experimenting and discovering together!

That's very true! Every mother and child is unique, and so is their journey. It's best not to get stressed out; it's okay to take our time figuring things out, like experimenting and discovering together!
Yep! Just dive in and enjoy the adventure.

• Sad
Reactions: luciana
All these resources are great for mums-to-be to explore and prepare themselves!
Yeah, I think it helps to do some research and be more clued in. Having some idea of what's to come is always comforting, especially for first-time parents. Knowing what resources are out there empowers us to make those unsure moments a little less scary.

Yeah, I think it helps to do some research and be more clued in. Having some idea of what's to come is always comforting, especially for first-time parents. Knowing what resources are out there empowers us to make those unsure moments a little less scary.
You're right! It can help future moms prepare for the road ahead, making them feel a little less lost after their lives change drastically in ways they may not have expected. Knowing there are resources available to solve common problems also helps new moms breath easier, that even if challenges arise, they can be tackled.

You're right! It can help future moms prepare for the road ahead, making them feel a little less lost after their lives change drastically in ways they may not have expected. Knowing there are resources available to solve common problems also helps new moms breath easier, that even if challenges arise, they can be tackled.
True dat! Some of us might find solace in the multitude of parenting apps out there lol.

True dat! Some of us might find solace in the multitude of parenting apps out there lol.
There's really no shame in seeking help and guidance from these resources, since being a mom is a daunting task! I'm glad there are so many helpful tools available nowadays; makes our lives easier!

There's really no shame in seeking help and guidance from these resources, since being a mom is a daunting task! I'm glad there are so many helpful tools available nowadays; makes our lives easier!
There's definitely much needed support for us mums to be found online these days. It's almost like having an extended 'village' for parenting tips and advice. Quite comforting, especially for those who might have flown the nest and moved away from their families.

There's definitely much needed support for us mums to be found online these days. It's almost like having an extended 'village' for parenting tips and advice. Quite comforting, especially for those who might have flown the nest and moved away from their families.
I'm glad that we're all able to help each other through parenthood - it really does take a village! The internet has indeed connected us all in mysterious ways.

I'm glad that we're all able to help each other through parenthood - it really does take a village! The internet has indeed connected us all in mysterious ways.
It's amazing how the Internet connects like-minded individuals, especially parents who can share their experiences and offer insightful advice. It's reassuring to know there's an online village of mums out there! Having this support makes the uncertainty less daunting. 😊

It's amazing how the Internet connects like-minded individuals, especially parents who can share their experiences and offer insightful advice. It's reassuring to know there's an online village of mums out there! Having this support makes the uncertainty less daunting. 😊
Yep, we're all in the same boat, and it's good to keep our heads above water with some tried and tested tips!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu