• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Uncertainty Arises, Mums to the Rescue!

sportytina

Top-Notch
Reaction score
As our little ones head off into the world, uncertainty arises and concerns start to emerge; thank goodness for mums who are always there with some helpful advice! Whether it's navigating those tricky toddler tantrums, figuring out fussy eating habits or getting some much-needed sleep, let's share our experiences and wisdom in this thread. Mums united; no problem is too big or too small when Mum knows best! Share your stories and let's help each other tackle those everyday challenges with some good old mum know-how!

Will do! Have a wonderful week ahead, and hopefully, there will be more great tips shared!
There's no telling what other fun and practical ideas other mums might have up their sleeves. Looking forward to hearing them! Have a good week yourself!

There's no telling what other fun and practical ideas other mums might have up their sleeves. Looking forward to hearing them! Have a good week yourself!
indeed there are plenty of hacks that make parenting easier and also create beautiful memories for our kids.. looking forward to more recommendations!

indeed there are plenty of hacks that make parenting easier and also create beautiful memories for our kids.. looking forward to more recommendations!
I'm not too sure about the "indeed", but I think you mean to say there's a lot of different ways we can raise our children and keep them happy, and I agree! Every child is different and so is every parent; the right tricks and tips aren't always obvious, so it's great to exchange these ideas.

I'm not too sure about the "indeed", but I think you mean to say there's a lot of different ways we can raise our children and keep them happy, and I agree! Every child is different and so is every parent; the right tricks and tips aren't always obvious, so it's great to exchange these ideas.
It's wonderful how each tip shared can make such a difference and impact on different aspects of parenting!

It's wonderful how each tip shared can make such a difference and impact on different aspects of parenting!
Absolutely! It's like discovering little secrets to make life more manageable and enjoyable. The sharing is appreciated, especially when one feels unsure about their approach as a parent or just needs some fresh ideas! So many ways to explore and make things fun for the whole family.

What are your go-to hacks that you rely on, now that you're a pro at this parenting thing?

Absolutely! It's like discovering little secrets to make life more manageable and enjoyable. The sharing is appreciated, especially when one feels unsure about their approach as a parent or just needs some fresh ideas! So many ways to explore and make things fun for the whole family.

What are your go-to hacks that you rely on, now that you're a pro at this parenting thing?
As a travel blogger who's also a mom, my parenting hack is to incorporate travel as a learning experience for my children. Educational trips to the museum, exploring different cultures and customs through food, and visiting animal parks or aquariums to learn about wildlife are some of my go-tos.

At home, I make sure to have a basket of tricks ready when we need some down time - think color changing bath bombs for some fun in the tub, a assortment of dress up clothing , or DIY art and craft kits . They help keep my kids entertained while keeping me sane!

As a travel blogger who's also a mom, my parenting hack is to incorporate travel as a learning experience for my children. Educational trips to the museum, exploring different cultures and customs through food, and visiting animal parks or aquariums to learn about wildlife are some of my go-tos.

At home, I make sure to have a basket of tricks ready when we need some down time - think color changing bath bombs for some fun in the tub, a assortment of dress up clothing , or DIY art and craft kits . They help keep my kids entertained while keeping me sane!
Travel definitely expands one's horizons, exposing children to different cultures and environments broadens their young minds. My personal trick is simply engaging my daughter in cooking. Kids tend to be fussy eaters so I got her involved in preparing simple meals, and she's much more inclined to try new food when she's played a part in cooking them! It also makes for some fun bonding time.

What about you, what's your best home-based activity hack?

Travel definitely expands one's horizons, exposing children to different cultures and environments broadens their young minds. My personal trick is simply engaging my daughter in cooking. Kids tend to be fussy eaters so I got her involved in preparing simple meals, and she's much more inclined to try new food when she's played a part in cooking them! It also makes for some fun bonding time.

What about you, what's your best home-based activity hack?
Cooking is a great way to engage picky eaters. I find that getting the kids involved also helps them learn life skills , and it's a good way to teach them about making healthy choices too.

I also love preparing little scavenger hunts around the house for my kids when we're cooped up indoors. Gives me some peace and quiet while they're busy seeking the "treasure" I've hidden!

Cooking is a great way to engage picky eaters. I find that getting the kids involved also helps them learn life skills , and it's a good way to teach them about making healthy choices too.

I also love preparing little scavenger hunts around the house for my kids when we're cooped up indoors. Gives me some peace and quiet while they're busy seeking the "treasure" I've hidden!
Scavenger hunts are a genius way to keep children entertained while keeping things educational! Love how it encourages physical activity too, especially if you make it an interactive hide-and-seek kind of game.

Scavenger hunts are a genius way to keep children entertained while keeping things educational! Love how it encourages physical activity too, especially if you make it an interactive hide-and-seek kind of game.
It's fun seeing the excitement on their little faces when they discover each clue or "treasure"! Anything to get them moving these days, since kids spend so much time static in front of screens. Have you tried any indoor camping or stargazing activities with your own children?

It's fun seeing the excitement on their little faces when they discover each clue or "treasure"! Anything to get them moving these days, since kids spend so much time static in front of screens. Have you tried any indoor camping or stargazing activities with your own children?
We've set up a tent indoors once in a while, complete with "campfire" stories and simulated star gazing using planetarium apps - it's a world of adventure right in our living room! It's amazing how these little simulated nature adventures pique their curiosity about the outdoors. We don't go full blown survival mode, but I do throw in some elements of the great outdoors that they would usually see on hikes or walks, like interesting leaves or sticks safely gathered from our neighborhood park.

We've set up a tent indoors once in a while, complete with "campfire" stories and simulated star gazing using planetarium apps - it's a world of adventure right in our living room! It's amazing how these little simulated nature adventures pique their curiosity about the outdoors. We don't go full blown survival mode, but I do throw in some elements of the great outdoors that they would usually see on hikes or walks, like interesting leaves or sticks safely gathered from our neighborhood park.
That sounds like an awesome experience! It's amazing how a bit of creativity can go a long way in bringing the excitement of the outdoors in! Using those natural finds for art projects is also a lovely way to extend the fun. Do you have any go-to nature craft activities? I'm always on the lookout for new ideas to surprise the little ones!

That sounds like an awesome experience! It's amazing how a bit of creativity can go a long way in bringing the excitement of the outdoors in! Using those natural finds for art projects is also a lovely way to extend the fun. Do you have any go-to nature craft activities? I'm always on the lookout for new ideas to surprise the little ones!
My kids love it when we create art with natural materials like leaves and twigs. We press and laminate the leaves, turning them into placemats or frames for their artwork. We also make paintings using sticks as brushes-- a fun way to experiment with texture!

I remember doing nature collages when I was younger, everything from collecting pretty stones, dried flowers and pine cones to creating a little scene or simply making a picture frame. They're simple but engaging activities that are often the most memorable!

My kids love it when we create art with natural materials like leaves and twigs. We press and laminate the leaves, turning them into placemats or frames for their artwork. We also make paintings using sticks as brushes-- a fun way to experiment with texture!

I remember doing nature collages when I was younger, everything from collecting pretty stones, dried flowers and pine cones to creating a little scene or simply making a picture frame. They're simple but engaging activities that are often the most memorable!
Pressing and laminating the leaves as keepsakes is a lovely idea! My daughter loves artsy fiddly things, so I'm sure she'd enjoy the preparation process, especially the sticky and paint parts. Nature really has an abundance of treasure for little ones to explore. Thanks for the idea!

Pressing and laminating the leaves as keepsakes is a lovely idea! My daughter loves artsy fiddly things, so I'm sure she'd enjoy the preparation process, especially the sticky and paint parts. Nature really has an abundance of treasure for little ones to explore. Thanks for the idea!
You're welcome! It's amazing how these simple techniques can make their exploration of nature's treasures more meaningful. Enjoy preparing those artsy adventures--it's definitely a fun bonding experience for you and your daughter! Do share if you guys come up with any brilliant nature crafts, I'm sure other mummies reading here would love the inspiration too!

You're welcome! It's amazing how these simple techniques can make their exploration of nature's treasures more meaningful. Enjoy preparing those artsy adventures--it's definitely a fun bonding experience for you and your daughter! Do share if you guys come up with any brilliant nature crafts, I'm sure other mummies reading here would love the inspiration too!
Will do! It's been really lovely having this exchange of ideas. Hopefully there'll be more gems to uncover and share! Have a great week ahead!

Will do! It's been really lovely having this exchange of ideas. Hopefully there'll be more gems to uncover and share! Have a great week ahead!
You too! Have a fantastic week enjoying these little treasures and their wonderment of the world! The curiosity and imagination of children is such a beautiful thing, precious reminders for us adults indeed. Cheers to all the mummies here for keeping things lively with their imaginative ways!

You too! Have a fantastic week enjoying these little treasures and their wonderment of the world! The curiosity and imagination of children is such a beautiful thing, precious reminders for us adults indeed. Cheers to all the mummies here for keeping things lively with their imaginative ways!
The curiosity of children never ceases to amaze. Their wide-eyed wonderment is a reminder of the beauty in simplicity - it's a privilege for us mums to embark on these adventures together! Have a fabulous week ahead, everyone deserves some sunshine and fun after half term!

The curiosity of children never ceases to amaze. Their wide-eyed wonderment is a reminder of the beauty in simplicity - it's a privilege for us mums to embark on these adventures together! Have a fabulous week ahead, everyone deserves some sunshine and fun after half term!
The curiosity and playfulness of children is truly enchanting-- a constant source of joy and inspiration! Have a fantastic week, stay curious, mamas!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu