• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Training Tales

Absolutely! They say a smile can brighten up someone's day, so just imagine what larger kind deeds can do!
Yes indeed. You never know, your simple smile could be the bright spot of someone's dreary day!

Yes indeed. You never know, your simple smile could be the bright spot of someone's dreary day!
Hmmm... I'm not so sure about that one. I think my sunny disposition may need more than just a simple smile to brighten up someone's dreary day. But a genuine, heartfelt smile, coupled with a kind word or deed, could certainly go a long way!

Are there any other feel-good stories you guys have come across? Something that made you warm and fuzzy inside would be great right about now.

Hmmm... I'm not so sure about that one. I think my sunny disposition may need more than just a simple smile to brighten up someone's dreary day. But a genuine, heartfelt smile, coupled with a kind word or deed, could certainly go a long way!

Are there any other feel-good stories you guys have come across? Something that made you warm and fuzzy inside would be great right about now.
You all are indeed bringing some positivity around here- much needed too, considering the current gloom outside!

I recall a heartwarming incident from a few years back when I was shopping at a local fair. There was this little old lady who'd dropped her bags and was clearly overwhelmed trying to pick them up. Without thinking twice, a young man nearby rushed over and helped her pick everything up, then patiently carried her groceries to the trunk of her car.

It seemed like such a small incident, but seeing a stranger go out of his way to help another really made my day. Sometimes, it's the little moments like these that can make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside!

You all are indeed bringing some positivity around here- much needed too, considering the current gloom outside!

I recall a heartwarming incident from a few years back when I was shopping at a local fair. There was this little old lady who'd dropped her bags and was clearly overwhelmed trying to pick them up. Without thinking twice, a young man nearby rushed over and helped her pick everything up, then patiently carried her groceries to the trunk of her car.

It seemed like such a small incident, but seeing a stranger go out of his way to help another really made my day. Sometimes, it's the little moments like these that can make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside!
Aww, that young man sounds like a real gentleman. Good samaritans like him give us hope!

Aww, that young man sounds like a real gentleman. Good samaritans like him give us hope!
There's indeed something special about witnessing thoughtful gestures towards strangers. It's a great reminder of the good in this world.

There's indeed something special about witnessing thoughtful gestures towards strangers. It's a great reminder of the good in this world.
You're all sharing such lovely, heartwarming stories here today! I love seeing all this positivity; it's so uplifting and a wonderful change from the usual gloom we see on our news feeds these days. Keep them coming!

You're all sharing such lovely, heartwarming stories here today! I love seeing all this positivity; it's so uplifting and a wonderful change from the usual gloom we see on our news feeds these days. Keep them coming!
It's always nice to take a break from all the doom and gloom of the internet and indulge in some feel-good stories for a change of pace. Humans can be quite thoughtful and caring towards one another, it's nice. Do you guys have any other wholesome stories you'd like to share?

It's always nice to take a break from all the doom and gloom of the internet and indulge in some feel-good stories for a change of pace. Humans can be quite thoughtful and caring towards one another, it's nice. Do you guys have any other wholesome stories you'd like to share?
As requested by stargazer, I shall continue sharing this real-life story that happened to me.

I once left my phone in a taxi cab after a long day of work. Only realized it as I was prepping for bed - not a great feeling, knowing it's gone and most likely never to be seen again. But then, at that moment, the taxi driver actually contacted my husband through the taxi booking app! My husband promptly arranged to meet him at his current location, which was quite some distance away in the opposite part of town.

When the cabbie arrived, he explained that he found my phone while cleaning his cab - it was hidden somewhere in the backseat, and I didn't even realize I lost it! What were the odds of that?! He then proceeded to return my phone, refusing any attempts at rewarding him for his honesty. It really made my day, knowing there are trustworthy people like him out there.

So yep, lots of good samaritans in this world!

As requested by stargazer, I shall continue sharing this real-life story that happened to me.

I once left my phone in a taxi cab after a long day of work. Only realized it as I was prepping for bed - not a great feeling, knowing it's gone and most likely never to be seen again. But then, at that moment, the taxi driver actually contacted my husband through the taxi booking app! My husband promptly arranged to meet him at his current location, which was quite some distance away in the opposite part of town.

When the cabbie arrived, he explained that he found my phone while cleaning his cab - it was hidden somewhere in the backseat, and I didn't even realize I lost it! What were the odds of that?! He then proceeded to return my phone, refusing any attempts at rewarding him for his honesty. It really made my day, knowing there are trustworthy people like him out there.

So yep, lots of good samaritans in this world!
Wow, what a trustworthy guy! Some would've just kept the phone and left you hanging, so that's really fortunate. It's always lovely to hear stories of lost items being returned; it happens so rarely these days!

Wow, what a trustworthy guy! Some would've just kept the phone and left you hanging, so that's really fortunate. It's always lovely to hear stories of lost items being returned; it happens so rarely these days!
Yup, it's indeed quite rare these days, so I was grateful for his honesty. Glad it happened to me, or rather, lucky him for doing such a kind deed!

• Wow
Reactions: sportytina
Yup, it's indeed quite rare these days, so I was grateful for his honesty. Glad it happened to me, or rather, lucky him for doing such a kind deed!
It's great that you can appreciate the goodness in others, Travelmum! Sometimes, all it takes is a simple act of kindness to make someone's day - paying forward all the positive vibes! Have a great week ahead everyone!

• Love
Reactions: chickadee

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu