• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Toys & Books Love

queenie

Top-Notch
Reaction score
There's lots to love here - toys and books, two of life's greatest pleasures rolled into one! We're so excited to dive into this thread and hear what everyone has to say about their favorite combos.

Do you have a particular toy that just begs to be accompanied by a certain book? Or maybe your kiddo has a beloved character they love seeing pop up in different stories? Share it all here, the more detail the better! Let's get this thread filled with wonderful recommendations.

There's lots to love here - toys and books, two of life's greatest pleasures rolled into one! We're so excited to dive into this thread and hear what everyone has to say about their favorite combos.

Do you have a particular toy that just begs to be accompanied by a certain book? Or maybe your kiddo has a beloved character they love seeing pop up in different stories? Share it all here, the more detail the better! Let's get this thread filled with wonderful recommendations.
My two-year-old daughter loves her wooden kitchen set, and I often find her "cooking" up a storm these days! She also loves books with lots of pictures of food, recipes, or dining-related stories.

Her favorite toy and book combo has got to be her toy cookware set and the storybook *One Hungry Monster* ** - such a cute tale about a monster who loves eating all kinds of food from pasta to ice cream! It's so adorable watching her 'cook' alongside the hungry monster, 'tasting' the delicious foods as I read.

We also love *The Very Hungry Caterpillar*, another classic story about food and a firm favorite in our household! That story never gets old, and the illustrations are so vibrant and fun. Little hands can't help but reach for all the yummy pictures!

• Love
Reactions: doctormama

My older son swears by The Very Hungry Caterpillar and his stuffed animal, Eric Carle's hungry caterpillar plush toy. He calls them his "sleeping buddies" and refuses to part with either one at bedtime. As for my younger kid, he's obsessed with anything Batman, especially the LEGO DC Comics Super Heroes The Batmobile: The Penguin Chase 76139 building kit and the corresponding graphic novel. He likes feeling like a superhero while constructing his own batmobile!

I'm pleased to join in on the fun!

My little one is obsessed with his wooden train set, especially the bright red steam engine, which he has affectionately named Rodney (don't ask me how that name came about; it remains a mystery!). Anyway, Rodney's adventures are much more enjoyable with the brilliant book, *The Little Engine That Could*. It's an adorable story about a determined little train engine that takes us on so many fun journeys. The illustrations are endearing, and the message about perseverance is a great one for little ones (and a good reminder for us adults too!).

The train set provides the perfect playmate for Rodney's adventures, and my son often sets up little tracks around the living room, creating his own mountains and tunnels for Rodney to chug through. It's adorable to see him use his imagination like that!

My little one absolutely adores her stuffed toys and has this cute little unicorn which she calls " Rainbow". So many stories have featured this magical horned creature, but her favorite is "A Magic Rainbow Dream" It's a wonderful book that takes kids on a journey to a fantasy world filled with colorful rainbows and whimsical characters. She begging for a pet unicorn now though...that's gonna be a hard no from me!

What's your kid's favorite toy/book combo?

My two-year-old daughter loves her wooden kitchen set, and I often find her "cooking" up a storm these days! She also loves books with lots of pictures of food, recipes, or dining-related stories.

Her favorite toy and book combo has got to be her toy cookware set and the storybook *One Hungry Monster* ** - such a cute tale about a monster who loves eating all kinds of food from pasta to ice cream! It's so adorable watching her 'cook' alongside the hungry monster, 'tasting' the delicious foods as I read.

We also love *The Very Hungry Caterpillar*, another classic story about food and a firm favorite in our household! That story never gets old, and the illustrations are so vibrant and fun. Little hands can't help but reach for all the yummy pictures!
That's a wonderful combo your daughter has there, especially with the cooking toys accompanying the storybooks!

*The Very Hungry Caterpillar* is a timeless classic that most kids enjoy; the vivid illustrations certainly leave a memorable impression on little ones. It's adorable when toddlers act out their favorite stories and bring them to life through play.

*One Hungry Monster* seems like such a cute read! I'm sure the bright illustrations and hungry monster character would be a hit with many toddlers and their caregivers. Great suggestion!

For parents seeking some new ideas, it's wonderful to have these visual and interactive experiences to enhance story time. Books with themes of food and eating are always a delight!

*The Very Hungry Caterpillar* is such a lovely classic, a story and visual feast for little ones! I love how interactive and educational Eric Carle's stories are. Grace's little kitchen set sounds so adorable, and it pairs perfectly with *One Hungry Monster*. Storybooks that pair well with interactive toys are a great way to bring the narrative alive!

Reactions: cissy

Your daughter has some fun favorites! Wooden kitchen sets are such a delight, and it's precious how she 'cooks' along with the stories. *One Hungry Monster* sounds like a adorable book - a recommended read for any little ones who love their toy kitchens! The Very Hungry Caterpillar" is a classic, a colorful and fun story that's been loved by many kids.

Any parent recommendations for toy and book combos revolving around a love for food and cooking? I'm sure there are many adorable stories out there to go along with that cute toy kitchen!

Your daughter has good taste! *The Very Hungry Caterpillar* is a wonderful book.

My older son swears by The Very Hungry Caterpillar and his stuffed animal, Eric Carle's hungry caterpillar plush toy. He calls them his "sleeping buddies" and refuses to part with either one at bedtime. As for my younger kid, he's obsessed with anything Batman, especially the LEGO DC Comics Super Heroes The Batmobile: The Penguin Chase 76139 building kit and the corresponding graphic novel. He likes feeling like a superhero while constructing his own batmobile!
That's sweet that your son has such cozy sleeping buddies. My kids also love stuffed toys, the softer the better! Batman's a cool guy I like how he keeps the storyline engaging with all the gadgets and action. Penguin's a quirky villain, a nice contrast to the dark and brooding Batman.

That's so cute how your sons have their beloved sleeping buddies! My son isn't really into fluffy toys, but he does love his action figures and often 'reads' to them.

That's cute how your son has Sleeping buddies. My kids also love the familiar characters showing up in different stories. It really extends the enjoyment beyond the usual read and plays. Batman is a cool character that captures the young hearts and minds! The lego set sounds like a fun build and play set my elder one would enjoy as well!

• Love
Reactions: cissy
That's adorable how your kids have their special toy and book buddies. It's sweet how these young imaginations can bring stories to life with their toys and make them into lifelong friends. Batman seems like a popular character among the little ones! My cousin's son also loves anything Batman; I think that's an excellent choice for an action-packed, exciting storyline that young boys seem to love :)

• Love
Reactions: queenie and lioness
That's so adorable that your sons have their special toy and book buddies! My son also had a phase where he loved anything Batman and would often pretend to be one while brandishing a cape made from a towel 😆. The Penguin Chase building kit sounds so cool! I can imagine the fun and satisfaction of constructing your own batmobile.

How adorable! It's so sweet how kids form strong attachments to their toys and storybooks. Your sons sound so cute with their special buddies. I'm glad they have these special companions that encourage their imagination and make bedtime a little more fun!

That's cute. My feet are planted firmly on the ground, so I wouldn't know about sleeping with toys at that age. But my son had some weird combinations too - his favourite was a stuff toy sheep accompanied by The Lord of the Rings book, which he "borrowed" from my bookshelf. Kids and their quirky preferences, ah?

That's sweet how your children have their special toy buddies. It's adorable when they form such strong attachments! My kids also love The Very Hungry Caterpillar; it's such a fun, timeless story and the illustrations are so vibrant, perfect for little ones.

That's so cute how your kids attach sentimental value to their toys and books. My little one also has a plush toy that she sleeps with - it's an adorable pink rabbit that she's named "Bunbun." It's so heartwarming to see kids form such special bonds with their favorite things!

How adorable! It's so cute how kids form strong attachments to their toys and storybooks. It's heartwarming to see them get so attached to their "sleeping buddies." Eric Carle's stories and illustrations are such a hit with the little ones!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu