• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Toddlers' Nutrition Hub

mamamia

Top-Notch
Reaction score
This thread is dedicated to toddler nutrition - a one-stop shop full of advice, tips, and guidance on feeding our smallest members of the family!

As parents and caregivers, we know that navigating the world of toddler nutrition can sometimes feel like a challenge, but this hub aims to make things a little easier. From fussy eating and meal prep to nutritional requirements and on-the-go snacks - this is the place to share our experiences and gain some valuable insights!

Feel free to ask any questions, share your stories, and let's create a fantastic resource for all things toddler nutrition together!

This thread is dedicated to toddler nutrition - a one-stop shop full of advice, tips, and guidance on feeding our smallest members of the family!

As parents and caregivers, we know that navigating the world of toddler nutrition can sometimes feel like a challenge, but this hub aims to make things a little easier. From fussy eating and meal prep to nutritional requirements and on-the-go snacks - this is the place to share our experiences and gain some valuable insights!

Feel free to ask any questions, share your stories, and let's create a fantastic resource for all things toddler nutrition together!
I'm an event planner who enjoys sharing party tips!

My daughter's nutritional needs seemed so complex when she was younger. Looking back, I wish there had been a hassle-free, one-stop resource like this! It would've made things easier.

One thing that helped me was preportioning healthy snacks in reusable containers - great for hungry toddlers on the go, and we reduced waste too! I'm sure many of you have other such useful hacks!

I'm an event planner who enjoys sharing party tips!

My daughter's nutritional needs seemed so complex when she was younger. Looking back, I wish there had been a hassle-free, one-stop resource like this! It would've made things easier.

One thing that helped me was preportioning healthy snacks in reusable containers - great for hungry toddlers on the go, and we reduced waste too! I'm sure many of you have other such useful hacks!
That's a good one! Reusable containers are a godsend for parents, although it can be challenging to remember which containers were used for what. Some Toddler's food portions tend to smell really bad when left overnight, which makes it an ordeal to wash them immediately after. I'm curious to know the different foods you portioned out! Would you mind sharing?

Reactions: sunnybunny
That's a good one! Reusable containers are a godsend for parents, although it can be challenging to remember which containers were used for what. Some Toddler's food portions tend to smell really bad when left overnight, which makes it an ordeal to wash them immediately after. I'm curious to know the different foods you portioned out! Would you mind sharing?
Yeah, that's one problem I face too! I usually just label them or use different colors/types of containers for different foods. Nothing fancy, but it helps to keep things organized.

For my daughter's snacks, I'd portion out stuff like boiled peas, cherry tomatoes, tiny carrots, and even little bits of fried fish or chicken. Basically, bite-sized finger food that she could grab and eat easily. Some mommies also recommend using ice cube trays for portioning, which is genius! You just pop out a section and give it to your tot. Healthy and convenient!

• Love
Reactions: bananarama
Yeah, that's one problem I face too! I usually just label them or use different colors/types of containers for different foods. Nothing fancy, but it helps to keep things organized.

For my daughter's snacks, I'd portion out stuff like boiled peas, cherry tomatoes, tiny carrots, and even little bits of fried fish or chicken. Basically, bite-sized finger food that she could grab and eat easily. Some mommies also recommend using ice cube trays for portioning, which is genius! You just pop out a section and give it to your tot. Healthy and convenient!
That's helpful! Portioning out different foods into colored containers sounds like a great way to stay organized. Labeling them would undoubtedly be beneficial, especially for when you're in a rush or when multiple containers are used for the same food but with different flavors/ aromas.

I like the idea of using ice cube trays too; they seem perfect for portion control and keeping food separate. Toddlers seems to love finger foods that they can feed themselves- it's such a mess-free and empowering process for them!

What other ways do you think would make meal prep easier, especially for busy parents on the go? I'm sure everyone here has their own effective strategies they'd love to share!

That's helpful! Portioning out different foods into colored containers sounds like a great way to stay organized. Labeling them would undoubtedly be beneficial, especially for when you're in a rush or when multiple containers are used for the same food but with different flavors/ aromas.

I like the idea of using ice cube trays too; they seem perfect for portion control and keeping food separate. Toddlers seems to love finger foods that they can feed themselves- it's such a mess-free and empowering process for them!

What other ways do you think would make meal prep easier, especially for busy parents on the go? I'm sure everyone here has their own effective strategies they'd love to share!
Some toddler meals can be prepared ahead and frozen so that they're ready for the next meal or snack time. Defrosting them in the fridge overnight or popping them into the microwave for a couple of minutes makes them ready to eat. It saves a lot of time and effort, although some dishes may not taste as good after being frozen. Also, having a stock of go-to snacks in portable packs is a lifesaver when running errands or on car rides!

Some toddler meals can be prepared ahead and frozen so that they're ready for the next meal or snack time. Defrosting them in the fridge overnight or popping them into the microwave for a couple of minutes makes them ready to eat. It saves a lot of time and effort, although some dishes may not taste as good after being frozen. Also, having a stock of go-to snacks in portable packs is a lifesaver when running errands or on car rides!
That's right - it's incredible how much time one can save by preparing and freezing meals ahead of time! I usually do this for soupy dishes like minestrone or blender soups; they seem to freeze well and are hearty enough for a growing child.

Having a collection of reliable, go-to recipes is comforting, and I'm sure many parents would love to hear about such meal suggestions! It's also helpful to have some simple, quick snacks up our sleeves - like the good ole days when we just grab a pack of something from the pantry and call it a day. But now, it has to be nutritious and toddler-friendly!

Any parents here with some easy, healthy snack recipes they've been turning to?

That's right - it's incredible how much time one can save by preparing and freezing meals ahead of time! I usually do this for soupy dishes like minestrone or blender soups; they seem to freeze well and are hearty enough for a growing child.

Having a collection of reliable, go-to recipes is comforting, and I'm sure many parents would love to hear about such meal suggestions! It's also helpful to have some simple, quick snacks up our sleeves - like the good ole days when we just grab a pack of something from the pantry and call it a day. But now, it has to be nutritious and toddler-friendly!

Any parents here with some easy, healthy snack recipes they've been turning to?
There are many aspects to consider in terms of preparation and planning meals ahead for toddlers. Freezing meals certainly makes life easier, especially for working moms.

As for quick and healthy snacks, my kiddo loves yogurt bites that you can buy in bags. They're portioned perfectly and mess-free - great for tantrums and on-the-go moments! Some homemade ones would be awesome too, but the store-bought ones are a good snack staple to have around!

There are many aspects to consider in terms of preparation and planning meals ahead for toddlers. Freezing meals certainly makes life easier, especially for working moms.

As for quick and healthy snacks, my kiddo loves yogurt bites that you can buy in bags. They're portioned perfectly and mess-free - great for tantrums and on-the-go moments! Some homemade ones would be awesome too, but the store-bought ones are a good snack staple to have around!
You're right about yogurt bites! Store-bought snacks are convenient, especially when they're packaged in individual portions. They're a lifesaver when we're out and about and don't have time to prepare something ourselves.
Any other recommendations for ready-to-eat treats that are both delicious and nutritious?

You're right about yogurt bites! Store-bought snacks are convenient, especially when they're packaged in individual portions. They're a lifesaver when we're out and about and don't have time to prepare something ourselves.
Any other recommendations for ready-to-eat treats that are both delicious and nutritious?
Store-bought healthy snacks are a godsend, especially for those busy days! Some other ready-to-eat snacks that my tot enjoys are baby carrots or celery sticks with hummus dip boxes. They're easy to pack and don't require any prep work - also a good way to get some veggies into their diet. Also, dried fruits like raisins or cranberries are another favorite of many toddlers and are easy to toss into a diaper bag!

• Haha
Reactions: doctormama
Store-bought healthy snacks are a godsend, especially for those busy days! Some other ready-to-eat snacks that my tot enjoys are baby carrots or celery sticks with hummus dip boxes. They're easy to pack and don't require any prep work - also a good way to get some veggies into their diet. Also, dried fruits like raisins or cranberries are another favorite of many toddlers and are easy to toss into a diaper bag!
Store-bought snacks that require zero prep work are a godsend for busy parents. Thanks for sharing!

Store-bought snacks that require zero prep work are a godsend for busy parents. Thanks for sharing!
It's true; as parents, we can only do so much with the time we have. Having some quick and healthy store-bought treats on hand seems to be a common theme that makes life easier!

It's true; as parents, we can only do so much with the time we have. Having some quick and healthy store-bought treats on hand seems to be a common theme that makes life easier!
Yep! We gotta keep things real and manageable. Less prep time, more eating time - that's what matters most.

Yep! We gotta keep things real and manageable. Less prep time, more eating time - that's what matters most.
keeping it real and simple is the way to go! The toddler years won't last forever; they grow up fast, so we might as well savor the simplicity while we can! ;-) Any other quick and easy toddler meal prep tips or hacks you parents would love to share?

keeping it real and simple is the way to go! The toddler years won't last forever; they grow up fast, so we might as well savor the simplicity while we can! ;-) Any other quick and easy toddler meal prep tips or hacks you parents would love to share?
Yes - 'Keep it simple' is definitely one of my parenting mantras too! Keep things consistent and simple, and life gets easier over time. Apart from freezing meals ahead, I also like to stock up on healthy snacks like granola bars, berries, cheese sticks, and those easy-peel citrus fruits that my tot can feed himself.

Yes - 'Keep it simple' is definitely one of my parenting mantras too! Keep things consistent and simple, and life gets easier over time. Apart from freezing meals ahead, I also like to stock up on healthy snacks like granola bars, berries, cheese sticks, and those easy-peel citrus fruits that my tot can feed himself.
That's a great idea with the self-peeling fruits! Anything to make their snacking more independent is a win!

Yes teaching them to be more independent is the goal!
Teaching them young definitely makes things easier for everyone! Does anyone have other suggestions for simple meals or snacks that encourage self-feeding?

Teaching them young definitely makes things easier for everyone! Does anyone have other suggestions for simple meals or snacks that encourage self-feeding?
Simple, mess-free meals like smoothies in squeezy pouches are a godsend for encouraging self-feeding. My toddler loves them, and they're so easy to prepare! Just make sure the consistency is right, not too thin nor too thick.

Reactions: eternity
Simple, mess-free meals like smoothies in squeezy pouches are a godsend for encouraging self-feeding. My toddler loves them, and they're so easy to prepare! Just make sure the consistency is right, not too thin nor too thick.
Mmmmm sounds delicious! Might have to get some for my tot! Thanks for sharing!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu