• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Toddler Nutrition

Agree, and it's a very aesthetic way of presenting food too. They're like mini works of art!
a visual feast, making mealtimes exciting and enticing for toddlers. Some of these creative mums and dads make it look so easy!

• Love
Reactions: lioness
a visual feast, making mealtimes exciting and enticing for toddlers. Some of these creative mums and dads make it look so easy!
Yes, these creative parents make toddler nutrition seem so effortless and fun! It's a great way to introduce variety in a toddler's diet too.

Yes, these creative parents make toddler nutrition seem so effortless and fun! It's a great way to introduce variety in a toddler's diet too.
it's wonderful to see the effort some parents put into making sure their toddlers eat right! It can be challenging though, so kudos to them.

it's wonderful to see the effort some parents put into making sure their toddlers eat right! It can be challenging though, so kudos to them.
It certainly is tough keeping up with finicky tot's dietary preferences! But these ideas are encouraging - a little effort goes a long way in ensuring healthy and happy tummies!

It certainly is tough keeping up with finicky tot's dietary preferences! But these ideas are encouraging - a little effort goes a long way in ensuring healthy and happy tummies!
I reckon getting creative in the kitchen is a great way to make eating fun and exciting! Sometimes, preparing elaborate themed meals can help too - like making an "Under the Sea" meal with seafood and blue/green colors or a pirate-themed dinner. Toddlers love anything that's presented in a quirky, imaginative way!

As for getting veggies into their diet, sneaking them into dishes is a common practice among parents! Pureeing broccoli or carrots and adding them to meat patties or burgers is a clever way to pack some extra nutrition. Or how about making a colorful veggie smoothie and calling it a "Superhero Juice"? Little ones love the idea of drinking something that gives them superpowers!

You can also involve your tot in the food prep! Give them age-appropriate tasks like washing vegetables , tearing lettuce, or mixing ingredients in a bowl. They'll feel involved and might be more inclined to try the foods they've helped prepare.

It's definitely tricky but so rewarding to navigate this stage and watch them develop their tastes and preferences. Here's to hoping some of these ideas help make mealtime an enjoyable experience for all!

it's a relief to see other parents' innovative ways of tackling this universal challenge! There's no one-size-fits-all approach, but we can surely learn from each other.

• Love
Reactions: sunnybunny
it's a relief to see other parents' innovative ways of tackling this universal challenge! There's no one-size-fits-all approach, but we can surely learn from each other.
True, it's reassuring to know we're not alone in navigating these challenges! Parents worldwide have such varied, creative strategies, it's a great way to keep mealtimes interesting and nutritious.

Reactions: wisdom
True, it's reassuring to know we're not alone in navigating these challenges! Parents worldwide have such varied, creative strategies, it's a great way to keep mealtimes interesting and nutritious.
The variety is what keeps our toddler's tastebuds excited, and as you said, it's a win when nutrition is also taken care of.

True that! Toddler's dietary needs can be so finicky - it's an art getting them to eat right!
It really is a challenge. Haha, I speak from experience! You gotta keep trying different foods and find what works.

Some days are easier than others. It's a constant juggling act keeping meals interesting yet nutritious.
I agree! Some days you just want to give up and grab some takeout. But yeah, keeping the balance of delicious and healthy is tough! Does your little one have any favorite foods or snacks? Mine loves anything with tomatoes!

• Love
Reactions: greenfingers
Some toddlers are blessed to love all kinds of food but most tend to be a bit picky so it's a great idea thinking of ways to make sure they get all the nutrition they need!

My little one goes through phases of loving and hating certain foods, so I've found that keeping things simple works best cos you never know when their tastebuds might do a 180. Steamed veggies with a tiny bit of butter and salt is still one of her favourites - broccoli, carrots and sweet potatoes are the winners here!

I usually keep a couple of quick, healthy snacks on hand that I know she likes - nothing fancy, just some fruit, cereal or rice cakes. Also easy peasy meals like scrambled eggs, wholemeal toast soldiers and salmon fish fingers are often a hit.

Getting them involved in preparing food is a great way to make things fun - my tot loves her own tiny knife to chop veggies with, and she enjoys mixing ingredients together. It's messy but half the fun is letting them play with their food a little, haha!

Sometimes I hide veggies like carrots and spinach in smoothies too, which goes down well because it's a nice change of texture and also means I can add a whole lot of tasty fruit too.

Good luck and keep us posted if you find any other awesome ideas!

Yup, porridge is a lifesaver and an excellent source of nutrition when introduced as one of the first foods! Porridge with some shredded meat and boiled eggs is a filling and tasty meal.

Fussy eaters, huh? A common challenge many toddlers present! But like what you said, getting them involved in preparing the food can help. Giving them some choices also helps to pique their interest and empowers them to make decisions. And when the food is presented in fun and cute shapes, it becomes more appealing!

• Love
Reactions: bookworm
When it comes to starting solids, I find that steam-cooking veggies like carrots, sweet potatoes, and pumpkins until they're soft works really well! You can pureé them or mash them up depending on your toddler's preference. Trust me, it's so easy peasy and the little one won't suspect a thing haha.

If your tot is old enough to handle finger foods, you can also cut up some fresh fruits and veggies into bite-sized pieces. I remember my kiddo loved exploring different textures this way - plus it kept them occupied too!

For fussier eaters, I found that keeping meals interesting and enticing helped. Presentation matters! Those little silicone moulds in fun shapes are a godsend. You know the ones I mean - stars, hearts, animals. Anything to keep things cute and quirky. Sometimes, I'd also disguise veggies by incorporating them into their favourite dishes or making fun salads with lots of colour.

Getting them involved in preparing food is a great idea! My child really enjoyed helping out, especially with mixing ingredients and decorating the plates. Made it more enjoyable for them to eat too.

Hope these tips help! Catch you later!

• Haha
Reactions: sunflower
Oh ya, starting solids is a fun stage! I usually give my toddler fruit purees in cute little pouches - easy to prepare and less mess too. Haha no need fancy recipes!

As for veggies, I sneak them into soups or blend them into smoothies with some fruit. Sometimes, I cut vegetables like carrots or cucumbers into funny shapes using cookie cutters - seems to work like a treat!

My toddler also loves helping in the kitchen, especially when we make pizza or burgers together. She gets to choose the toppings and it's a great way to introduce new foods. Or you know, let them plant and grow some herbs or veggies if they're old enough. That might encourage them to eat more healthily too.

Keep sharing everyone!

My tot loves her nightly cup of warm milk before bed. I usually steam some broccoli or carrots and purée them into the milk. She doesn't suspect a thing and it's a good, nutritious way to end the day! Also great for fussy eaters who hate veggies.

Another simple one is fruit skewers. I'll cut up some of her favorite fruits like mangoes, pineapple and bananas, thread them onto a skewer, and serve them as a fun little snack. Gets the little ones involved in preparing food too because it's so easy!

• Haha
Reactions: lioness
My tot loves her nightly cup of warm milk before bed. I usually steam some broccoli or carrots and purée them into the milk. She doesn't suspect a thing and it's a good, nutritious way to end the day! Also great for fussy eaters who hate veggies.

Another simple one is fruit skewers. I'll cut up some of her favorite fruits like mangoes, pineapple and bananas, thread them onto a skewer, and serve them as a fun little snack. Gets the little ones involved in preparing food too because it's so easy!
Veggies steamed with a bit of butter and salt is a great, easy way to prepare veggies for tot! Keeping things simple is a good idea cos' you never know what they'll like one day and dislike the next.

My kid also enjoys snacking on fruit, cereal and rice cakes - nothing too fancy schmany is needed really! Some scrambled eggs, wholemeal toast and salmon fish fingers are simple meals that tot enjoys. Letting them help with food prep is fun for them, and a tiny knife for chopping veggies is a big hit.

Throwing in some hidden veggies like carrots or spinach into smoothies is a great way to get some extra nutrition in there too - tot won't suspect a thing with all that fruity goodness!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu