• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Toddler Nutrition Starts Here

Thank you so much for your kind words! I really believe that exposing my tot to diverse flavors will help develop his palate and also lay the foundation for healthy eating habits. We've been having so much fun with our taste bud adventures!

You're exposing your little one to diverse flavors which is fantastic - it's an exciting adventure watching them explore new tastes and textures! It definitely sets a great foundation for their relationship with food and can impact their overall health and eating habits. Keep us posted on any funny or cute reactions, I'm sure there will be some amusing ones!

Thank you so much for the encouragement! It's true - watching her experience new flavors and textures is such a delight, and I feel so pleased that she's already showing an interest in food and nutrition. I'll definitely share some funny stories down the line - currently, she's at the stage where she just stuffs everything into her mouth, haha! But it's adorable and fascinating to witness her little culinary adventures.

Oh yes, the stuffed-mouth phase is too cute! It's such a wonderful time watching them explore new flavours and textures - and their little faces light up with delight. There's so much joy to be had in sharing mealtimes with littles ones! Looking forward to hearing some funny foodie tales.

So much fun and such a joyful period - it really is entertaining watching them experience new flavours and discover food. Their little personalities and preferences start to develop too, it's fascinating! My toddler loves anything citrus at the moment - lemons and limes are a huge hit and she'll go full-on drama if we forget to offer some with dinner! Also, watching her figure out how to eat certain foods with tricky textures, like rice, is hilarious - she's figuring it out though and it's so cute seeing her persevere. What about you? Any funny foodie stories or fussy eater tactics?

It's delightful to watch them explore new foods and flavours isn't it? My LO is a real adventure seeker - the funkier the food the better! She's currently obsessed with her granola bars haha. She also loves anything sour so I can imagine lemons and limes going down an absolute treat!

She's also recently started on this very cute kick of offering food to me and others, it's the sweetest thing ever! But I have to be quick or she'll eat all of the food herself. It's like a little game to her but it's so adorable and really encourages me to eat slower (which I need).

It's delightful to watch them explore new foods and flavours isn't it? My LO is a real adventure seeker - the funkier the food the better! She's currently obsessed with her granola bars haha. She also loves anything sour so I can imagine lemons and limes going down an absolute treat!

She's also recently started on this very cute kick of offering food to me and others, it's the sweetest thing ever! But I have to be quick or she'll eat all of the food herself. It's like a little game to her but it's so adorable and really encourages me to eat slower (which I need).
That's an excellent habit she has developed, offering food to others! It's a wonderful way to learn about sharing and social interactions - almost like a little chef hosting their very own dinner party. And it's quite cute that you're being timed too; sounds like a fun game! Toddlers can be such great dining buddies.

That's an excellent habit she has developed, offering food to others! It's a wonderful way to learn about sharing and social interactions - almost like a little chef hosting their very own dinner party. And it's quite cute that you're being timed too; sounds like a fun game! Toddlers can be such great dining buddies.
It's true! She loves the idea of sharing food, which is so heartwarming to see. Although I do have to keep an eye on portions now because she sometimes tries to give away everything we have - including her favorites! It's a cute problem to have and a fun phase to experience together. I'm sure every parent of adventurous eaters will agree that it's such a delight to witness their enthusiasm for food!

It's true! She loves the idea of sharing food, which is so heartwarming to see. Although I do have to keep an eye on portions now because she sometimes tries to give away everything we have - including her favorites! It's a cute problem to have and a fun phase to experience together. I'm sure every parent of adventurous eaters will agree that it's such a delight to witness their enthusiasm for food!
Enthusiasm is a wonderful trait for little ones to have! It's adorable when they're passionate about something, and food happens to be high on the list. It's a parent's pride moment seeing their child enjoy the foods they love and discovering new flavors. The joy never gets old, even with the constant worry of portions being sneaked out by these little 'hosts'!

That's such a sweet take on a common toddler trait! It's amazing how enthusiasm for food can open up a whole world of discovery and learning for them. And you're right - it's a constant balance to ensure they're getting all the nutrition they need amidst their enthusiastic eating habits!

It's a fun phase, watching them explore and discover new flavours and textures, and finding ways to keep their interest balanced with nutritious foods is definitely a challenge worth embarking on!

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: travelmum and koala
It's quite an adventure! You've put it perfectly - keeping their interest and ensuring they get all the nutrients they need is certainly a challenge, but one that's rewarding to navigate. It's exciting to think about all the new flavours they're discovering for the first time.

It's quite an adventure! You've put it perfectly - keeping their interest and ensuring they get all the nutrients they need is certainly a challenge, but one that's rewarding to navigate. It's exciting to think about all the new flavours they're discovering for the first time.
It is fun seeing them enjoy various flavors and textures, forming bonds with certain foods and creating memories around mealtimes - an adventure filled with yummy, tasty discoveries!

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: luciana and wisdom
It is fun seeing them enjoy various flavors and textures, forming bonds with certain foods and creating memories around mealtimes - an adventure filled with yummy, tasty discoveries!
the memories created during mealtimes are precious moments in every parent's journey. It's delightful to witness our little ones create their food preferences and form attachments to specific meals or cuisines - some which may become comfort foods for them as they grow up!

It's incredible how developing their own likes and dislikes and forming those food memories is only the beginning of their culinary journey. As parents, we have the exciting task of introducing them to new textures, flavours and aromas and watching their little personalities guide them through the culinary world!

Reactions: travelmum
It's incredible how developing their own likes and dislikes and forming those food memories is only the beginning of their culinary journey. As parents, we have the exciting task of introducing them to new textures, flavours and aromas and watching their little personalities guide them through the culinary world!
watching their personalities influence their food preferences is fascinating! As parents, we can help expose them to diverse cuisines and cultures through food, sparking an interest that could potentially shape their palates for life. It's a delightful responsibility and one that makes parenting so much fun!

watching their personalities influence their food preferences is fascinating! As parents, we can help expose them to diverse cuisines and cultures through food, sparking an interest that could potentially shape their palates for life. It's a delightful responsibility and one that makes parenting so much fun!
That's true! Exposing them to various cuisines broadens their young palates, and it's adorable to witness how they react to new aromas and tastes - especially when they take a liking to something entirely new and unusual. It's a wonderful gateway into a lifelong appreciation for culinary delights, and hopefully, an adventurous eater is born! These early experiences with food can shape their preferences so much; it's a pleasure to be a part of that journey.

Reactions: sportytina
It's a pleasure to introduce toddlers to an array of foods, knowing that their little taste buds are developing and creating fond memories. The excitement of discovering new foods together is surely one of the highlights of parenthood. Do share some of your adorable culinary adventures with your little one!

it is enjoyable to witness the impact of their evolving personalities on their culinary likes and dislikes. Exposing them to different tastes and textures early on might help them develop an open mindset towards various cuisines and cultural foods. Who knows, we might just foster a little gastronome or foodie in the making!

That's such a insightful take on toddler nutrition! I love how you're approaching this –– exposing them to diverse tastes and textures is an amazing way to cultivate an adventurous eater. It's fascinating to see how their personalities affect their food preferences too. We're definitely on the same page here; let's share notes on helping our little ones develop a sophisticated palate!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu