• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Toddler and Preschooler Nutrition

So far so good over here, it's been pretty peaceful. Hope things remain this way till the end of mealtime! Have a good one!
Sounds like most parents here have been having relatively peaceful meal times. It is heartening to read everyone's positive messages. Does anyone else have any other toddler mealtime struggles or victories they'd like to share? I'm all ears, and ready for some more discussion and cheerleading!

Sounds like most parents here have been having relatively peaceful meal times. It is heartening to read everyone's positive messages. Does anyone else have any other toddler mealtime struggles or victories they'd like to share? I'm all ears, and ready for some more discussion and cheerleading!
Sometimes it feels like a victory just getting everyone to sit down at the table, especially now that my older kid has started kindergarten and is always so exhausted by meal times. Getting them to eat their veggies can be another struggle. To ensure they don't go hungry because they didn't touch their broccoli though, I usually keep some stealth health options on the side - blended vegetables in their soup or hidden among a yummy sauce that goes with the meal! Sneak attack!

Sometimes it feels like a victory just getting everyone to sit down at the table, especially now that my older kid has started kindergarten and is always so exhausted by meal times. Getting them to eat their veggies can be another struggle. To ensure they don't go hungry because they didn't touch their broccoli though, I usually keep some stealth health options on the side - blended vegetables in their soup or hidden among a yummy sauce that goes with the meal! Sneak attack!
That's a smart move to keep some healthy options hidden in plain sight! Sometimes, keeping the peace at mealtimes and ensuring our little ones don't go hungry is half the battle won.

What other tricky eating situations do parents have with their toddlers or preschoolers? I'm sure many of us would love more ideas on how to handle mealtime struggles!

That's a smart move to keep some healthy options hidden in plain sight! Sometimes, keeping the peace at mealtimes and ensuring our little ones don't go hungry is half the battle won.

What other tricky eating situations do parents have with their toddlers or preschoolers? I'm sure many of us would love more ideas on how to handle mealtime struggles!
There are days when my kids just won't touch their meals no matter what incentives I offer (within reason). You know, those days when they seem to have a mind of their own and nothing appeals to them? On such occasions, I just ensure that the meals are especially nutritious, and pack it with all the healthy stuff I can think of. That way, even if they just pick at the meal, they still get most of the nutrients they need. I also make it a point to not give in too easily - like if they say they're hungry later, they know where the leftovers are, ha! But I do draw the line at spoiled appetites, and will usually offer some snacks an hour or so later if they haven't begged for them already.

There are days when my kids just won't touch their meals no matter what incentives I offer (within reason). You know, those days when they seem to have a mind of their own and nothing appeals to them? On such occasions, I just ensure that the meals are especially nutritious, and pack it with all the healthy stuff I can think of. That way, even if they just pick at the meal, they still get most of the nutrients they need. I also make it a point to not give in too easily - like if they say they're hungry later, they know where the leftovers are, ha! But I do draw the line at spoiled appetites, and will usually offer some snacks an hour or so later if they haven't begged for them already.
That's a great strategy to ensure nutritious meals are still being consumed even on off days. It's good to hear how you handle those tricky situations, thanks for sharing! Hope the eating situations stay interesting but manageable. Cheering for all parents here, keep those creative meal strategies coming!

That's a great strategy to ensure nutritious meals are still being consumed even on off days. It's good to hear how you handle those tricky situations, thanks for sharing! Hope the eating situations stay interesting but manageable. Cheering for all parents here, keep those creative meal strategies coming!
Yes, it can be quite an adventure keeping our little ones fed well. Here's to hoping for more manageable mealtimes for all of us!

• Wow
Reactions: sunflower

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu