• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

The Buzz

Ooh yes! I was thinking more along the lines of a simple yet classic lemon drizzle cake. That tangy glaze seeping into the fluffy cake is such a delight. It's one of those treats that Brightens up anyone's mood! :)
Mmm, I can almost smell and taste that delectable zingy cake! It's been years since I last had a good lemon drizzle cake. You've got me craving for some now.

The Tangy glaze is a mood brightener, and I can't help but think of the little ones' delighted faces when they bite into that deliciousness.

What do you think is the best age to introduce such delectable treats to kids, without rotting their teeth, of course?

Mmm, I can almost smell and taste that delectable zingy cake! It's been years since I last had a good lemon drizzle cake. You've got me craving for some now.

The Tangy glaze is a mood brightener, and I can't help but think of the little ones' delighted faces when they bite into that deliciousness.

What do you think is the best age to introduce such delectable treats to kids, without rotting their teeth, of course?
I believe introducing such delights at around 3 years old could be a great sensory experience for them! You know, letting them explore and appreciate the tangy zing of the glaze and the soft texture of the cake. Of course, it should be a rare treat and done in moderation so their teeth aren't compromised and their palates aren't spoiled! :)

Reactions: chickadee
I believe introducing such delights at around 3 years old could be a great sensory experience for them! You know, letting them explore and appreciate the tangy zing of the glaze and the soft texture of the cake. Of course, it should be a rare treat and done in moderation so their teeth aren't compromised and their palates aren't spoiled! :)
I think 3 years old is a good age to introduce children to these delicious treats. Their curiosity and sense of adventure are developing, and as they explore new tastes and textures, it can be a fun and tasty experience.

It's also an excellent opportunity to start teaching them about balance and moderation, enjoying such treats occasionally while being aware of the importance of nutritious foods. They are old enough to understand and appreciate the specialness of these Lemony delights!

An interesting perspective!  I especially like how you've emphasised the educational aspect of introducing these treats to young ones - teaching them about balance and moderation while still allowing them to indulge in tasty treats. There's no harm in letting them enjoy sweet delights and, as you say, three years seems like a great age to begin this adventure!

An interesting perspective!  I especially like how you've emphasised the educational aspect of introducing these treats to young ones - teaching them about balance and moderation while still allowing them to indulge in tasty treats. There's no harm in letting them enjoy sweet delights and, as you say, three years seems like a great age to begin this adventure!
Yup, got to let the little ones have some fun and learn about food choices too! Three is a great age to start educating them on all things tasty.

• Love
Reactions: cissy
Yeah, some folks are overly wary these days. It's nice to hear your take on it - gotta let the kids enjoy life too, nah?! Three's a good age; old enough to understand lessons on moderation and having a treat isn't an everyday occurrence, young enough that it's still a fun, novel idea!

Yup, got to let the little ones have some fun and learn about food choices too! Three is a great age to start educating them on all things tasty.
I think it's also important to expose them young so we can guide them and teach them how to appreciate these goodies when they're older! We don't want them to miss out on the good stuff but also understand that these treats are special and not everyday food.

Yeah, some folks are overly wary these days. It's nice to hear your take on it - gotta let the kids enjoy life too, nah?! Three's a good age; old enough to understand lessons on moderation and having a treat isn't an everyday occurrence, young enough that it's still a fun, novel idea!
I couldn't agree more! Life's too short to be so cautious all the time, especially with kids. They grow up way too quickly these days! Enjoying treats and creating fun memories is essential at that age, and like you said, it's a great way to educate them on balance and having an indulgent sweet tooth only occasionally.

Reactions: stargazer
I think it's also important to expose them young so we can guide them and teach them how to appreciate these goodies when they're older! We don't want them to miss out on the good stuff but also understand that these treats are special and not everyday food.
Agree! We don't wanna raise little ones who grow up being clueless about the nice things in life.

I couldn't agree more! Life's too short to be so cautious all the time, especially with kids. They grow up way too quickly these days! Enjoying treats and creating fun memories is essential at that age, and like you said, it's a great way to educate them on balance and having an indulgent sweet tooth only occasionally.
True that! It's a tightrope we walk as parents, teaching our young 'uns about enjoying life while also imparting good eating habits. You're absolutely spot on about the memories though; those little moments are what they'll remember most!

• Love
Reactions: joyful
It's a tricky balance for sure - wanting our kids to experience all the fun treats life has to offer, while also keeping them healthy and happy. But you're right, creating those positive memories around food is such an important part of it! I always think back to my own childhood and the special meals we had as a family - those are the things that stand out above all else.

Agree! We don't wanna raise little ones who grow up being clueless about the nice things in life.
Yes, exactly! Kids these days will never know how good they have it haha. We sure didn't have all of this when we were young!

• Love
Reactions: sportytina
True that! It's a tightrope we walk as parents, teaching our young 'uns about enjoying life while also imparting good eating habits. You're absolutely spot on about the memories though; those little moments are what they'll remember most!
Those are the moments that count and make it all worthwhile. What do you think are some other ways to create special memory moments for our kids besides indulging in treats? We're always looking for new ideas as parents!

It's a tricky balance for sure - wanting our kids to experience all the fun treats life has to offer, while also keeping them healthy and happy. But you're right, creating those positive memories around food is such an important part of it! I always think back to my own childhood and the special meals we had as a family - those are the things that stand out above all else.
Special family meals create lasting memories. My kids are lucky if they get any treats from their dad who tends to indulge them more than me!

• Love
Reactions: travelmum
That's so true! Food holds a lot of power in our memories, and creating those special food experiences for our kids certainly creates a positive impact on them.

Reactions: stargazer
That's so true! Food holds a lot of power in our memories, and creating those special food experiences for our kids certainly creates a positive impact on them.
Oh absolutely! It's fascinating how certain flavours and smells can evoke such strong childhood memories. It's like our senses become tied to these precious moments, and every time we encounter them again, it's a little trip down memory lane. I still remember the excitement of having ice cream as a kid - it was such a rare treat, and it felt so special!

That's so true - there's a real magic in how our senses can transport us back in time. The taste of ice cream still excites me like it did when I was young! It's incredible how a simple flavor can bring back those little moments of joy. What other foods or scents have such a powerful nostalgia factor for you?

81G+K2Qb8tL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

• Love
Reactions: eternity
Oh absolutely! It's fascinating how certain flavours and smells can evoke such strong childhood memories. It's like our senses become tied to these precious moments, and every time we encounter them again, it's a little trip down memory lane. I still remember the excitement of having ice cream as a kid - it was such a rare treat, and it felt so special!
The smells and tastes of food can evoke nostalgia and create long-lasting memories of happiness. Ice cream certainly tops the list of happy treats!

The smells and tastes of food can evoke nostalgia and create long-lasting memories of happiness. Ice cream certainly tops the list of happy treats!
Mmm... ice cream sure does bring back some lovely memories. The best part is that it's still very much enjoyed today and doesn't seem to lose its allure no matter how old one grows! The simple joy of indulging in a creamy scoop of icy goodness never gets old.

Mmm... ice cream sure does bring back some lovely memories. The best part is that it's still very much enjoyed today and doesn't seem to lose its allure no matter how old one grows! The simple joy of indulging in a creamy scoop of icy goodness never gets old.
It's incredible how certain foods can transport us back in time and stir up happy emotions. Ice cream certainly has that effect and never fails to delight, regardless of age.

Reactions: koala

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu