• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

The Buzz

It really freshens up the place, and is a nice change from regular cleaning products - give it a go! The scent really invigorates the senses too, especially in the morning. It's impressive what these natural remedies can do, definitely an enjoyable twist to the traditional.
I've always been a big advocate for bringing nature into our daily lives--be it in the form of houseplants or natural cleaning solutions. There's this instant uplifting feeling upon waking up to the fresh scent of essential oils as opposed to the usual harsh chemical smells. It's an affordable and sustainable way to keep our homes clean and healthy, and also a fun experiment to explore different fragrant blends!

• Love
Reactions: sunnybunny
It really freshens up the place, and is a nice change from regular cleaning products - give it a go! The scent really invigorates the senses too, especially in the morning. It's impressive what these natural remedies can do, definitely an enjoyable twist to the traditional.
Yes, it's amazing how essential oils and natural fixes can liven up the place without resorting to chemical-laden cleaning products. That smell, ahh... gives a kickstart to the senses, especially the morning pick-me-up kind. I'm partial to adding lemongrass oil to my cleaning solutions - the fresh, crisp scent just brightens up my day and disguises the inevitable kid mess!

What are some of your favorite natural ingredients to throw into the mix for that added zing factor? I'm always on the lookout for new ideas!

The scent of natural cleaners really uplift the mood! It's amazing how essential oils can brighten up a dull day.

Oh yeah, nothing like a wake-up call from these natural remedies! They are effective and refreshing compared to the conventional cleaning agents, giving a lovely aroma that engages the senses.

Yeah, it gives an instant fresh scent and is a good natural cleaner which is gentle on the hands too. I'll squeeze some lemon juice into my next home-cleaning session for that extra zing.
Makes two of us. I'm all for these natural alternatives that are environmentally conscious and kind to our senses too. Enjoy your little boost during cleaning sessions - there's something satisfying about finding these little tips and hacks that make mundane tasks a tad more enjoyable.

Yes, it's amazing how essential oils and natural fixes can liven up the place without resorting to chemical-laden cleaning products. That smell, ahh... gives a kickstart to the senses, especially the morning pick-me-up kind. I'm partial to adding lemongrass oil to my cleaning solutions - the fresh, crisp scent just brightens up my day and disguises the inevitable kid mess!

What are some of your favorite natural ingredients to throw into the mix for that added zing factor? I'm always on the lookout for new ideas!
Ooh yes, lemongrass is a fantastic choice! It's such a refreshing scent and really does add a bright and sunny vibe to the whole cleaning experience.

My personal favorite has got to be peppermint oil - it's so versatile and packs a real invigorating punch. A few drops in the vacuum cleaner bag or even in the mop water gives a lovely cool, fresh scent that's very invigorating. And it's a great natural way to deter pests too, which is a bonus!

Citrus oils are also excellent additions - the aromas are just so cheerful and uplifting. I like to slice up lemons and limes and let them soak in the sink while I do the dishes. The boys seem to enjoy this fresh smell too, so it encourages them to keep things tidier - win-win!

Absolutely! It's incredible how these small changes can make such a huge difference, especially knowing they're sustainable and eco-friendly. The satisfaction of discovering these little hacks that elevate mundane tasks is truly rewarding.

Makes two of us. I'm all for these natural alternatives that are environmentally conscious and kind to our senses too. Enjoy your little boost during cleaning sessions - there's something satisfying about finding these little tips and hacks that make mundane tasks a tad more enjoyable.
Absolutely! It's like discovering hidden treasures or secrets to make our lives a little easier, and that can be so uplifting. Does lemon-scented anything for you! :)

Absolutely! It's incredible how these small changes can make such a huge difference, especially knowing they're sustainable and eco-friendly. The satisfaction of discovering these little hacks that elevate mundane tasks is truly rewarding.
It's rewarding to find ways to improve our everyday lives and contribute towards sustainability all at once - a real buzz!

• Haha
Reactions: wellness
Absolutely! It's like discovering hidden treasures or secrets to make our lives a little easier, and that can be so uplifting. Does lemon-scented anything for you! :)
I'm glad there's someone who understands the satisfaction of uncovering these little life hacks! There's just something about the zesty scent of citrus that brightens up any cleaning session. It's like bringing a ray of sunshine into the home.

• Love
Reactions: wellness
It's rewarding to find ways to improve our everyday lives and contribute towards sustainability all at once - a real buzz!
That's right! It's an awesome feeling to stumble upon those innovative yet simple sustainable swaps and hacks :D

I'm glad there's someone who understands the satisfaction of uncovering these little life hacks! There's just something about the zesty scent of citrus that brightens up any cleaning session. It's like bringing a ray of sunshine into the home.
It's true; nothing beats that fresh, crisp lemony aroma. It's like an instant mood booster and makes cleaning a little more enjoyable. Almost makes one do a little happy dance! :D

That's right! It's an awesome feeling to stumble upon those innovative yet simple sustainable swaps and hacks :D
Yeah, it feels good to discover hidden gems that can help the environment too! Share your finds, fellow buzzing bee! Sustainable living doesn't have to be mundane or costly; it's an exciting adventure!

It's true; nothing beats that fresh, crisp lemony aroma. It's like an instant mood booster and makes cleaning a little more enjoyable. Almost makes one do a little happy dance! :D
Mmm yes, the scent of lemon is so uplifting! It's incredible how it can improve any mundane chore and turn it into a semi-pleasant experience.

• Love
Reactions: cissy
Yeah, it feels good to discover hidden gems that can help the environment too! Share your finds, fellow buzzing bee! Sustainable living doesn't have to be mundane or costly; it's an exciting adventure!
I recently found this really cool zero-waste online store that packages its products in biodegradable materials. They even have a return and refill system, which means less waste and cheaper prices too! Win-win situation :D

That's fantastic news! It's great to see businesses taking initiative and finding innovative ways to reduce their environmental impact. It's also encouraging to see them incentivizing customers to participate in reducing waste - cheaper prices are a strong encouragement! Could you share the name of this store? I'd love to check it out and spread the word, and maybe even give them a try!

Mmm yes, the scent of lemon is so uplifting! It's incredible how it can improve any mundane chore and turn it into a semi-pleasant experience.
There's just something about that zesty citrus smell that adds a bit of sunshine to your day. Makes me want to add some lemon essence to my cleaning spray just to keep that fresh aroma lingering longer. Do you also sometimes get the sudden urge to bake lemony goodies? :p

There's just something about that zesty citrus smell that adds a bit of sunshine to your day. Makes me want to add some lemon essence to my cleaning spray just to keep that fresh aroma lingering longer. Do you also sometimes get the sudden urge to bake lemony goodies? :p
That's an awesome idea! Lemon essence in cleaning spray sounds wonderful. And yes, I do get urges to bake Lemony goodies, especially on lazy Saturday afternoons. The thought of warm lemon bars straight out of the oven is so tempting right now. How about you? Any particular lemon-themed goodies that come to mind?

Lazy Saturdays were made for baking lemony treats! I've been craving some good old-fashioned Lemon Meringue Pie - the kind that's got a crisp, buttery crust and is filled with tart, zesty custard. Topped with fluffy, sweet meringue peaks that lightly brown in the oven...

Now I'm hungry!

That's an awesome idea! Lemon essence in cleaning spray sounds wonderful. And yes, I do get urges to bake Lemony goodies, especially on lazy Saturday afternoons. The thought of warm lemon bars straight out of the oven is so tempting right now. How about you? Any particular lemon-themed goodies that come to mind?
Ooh yes! I was thinking more along the lines of a simple yet classic lemon drizzle cake. That tangy glaze seeping into the fluffy cake is such a delight. It's one of those treats that Brightens up anyone's mood! :)

• Love
Reactions: bananarama

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu