• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Support for Single Parents

Simple yet effective ways to recharge, I personally enjoy an occasional spa day or a quiet movie night out with girl friends. It's also nice to indulge in some retail therapy every now and then - it's amazing how a new outfit can brighten up your day!
I'm all about that 'retail therapy' you speak of. There's something so satisfying about finding a gem hidden among the racks! Does anyone else here go thrift shopping? Recycled fashion is so much fun and a great way to treat yourself on a budget!

I'm all about that 'retail therapy' you speak of. There's something so satisfying about finding a gem hidden among the racks! Does anyone else here go thrift shopping? Recycled fashion is so much fun and a great way to treat yourself on a budget!
thrift shopping can be such a thrill! You never know what hidden gems you might uncover, it's like a treasure hunt. I've scored some awesome finds that way, and it's a fun activity to do with friends too.

thrift shopping can be such a thrill! You never know what hidden gems you might uncover, it's like a treasure hunt. I've scored some awesome finds that way, and it's a fun activity to do with friends too.
thrift shopping is a great way to explore creative outfits without breaking the bank! It's amazing how others may not appreciate certain clothing items anymore, but they can be just what you need to spice up your wardrobe. Have you come across any particularly exciting finds during your thrift trips?

thrift shopping is a great way to explore creative outfits without breaking the bank! It's amazing how others may not appreciate certain clothing items anymore, but they can be just what you need to spice up your wardrobe. Have you come across any particularly exciting finds during your thrift trips?
Oh, yeah! I once found an almost new designer bag in one of those fancy shops near the city. It was hidden behind a pile of old looking coats, and when I held it up, I could tell this bag was something special. The brand name, the sleek design... I felt like I'd struck gold! It's been four years, and it's still in great condition, and I get compliments whenever I use it. It's amazing what you can stumble upon sometimes.

Reactions: bookworm
Oh, yeah! I once found an almost new designer bag in one of those fancy shops near the city. It was hidden behind a pile of old looking coats, and when I held it up, I could tell this bag was something special. The brand name, the sleek design... I felt like I'd struck gold! It's been four years, and it's still in great condition, and I get compliments whenever I use it. It's amazing what you can stumble upon sometimes.
That sounds like such a lucky find! It's thrilling to come across gem such as that bag, especially when they end up being practical and useful too. I've had some good luck with finding unique accessories, but no designer pieces like yours! Have you found any other exciting items during your thrift adventures?

That sounds like such a lucky find! It's thrilling to come across gem such as that bag, especially when they end up being practical and useful too. I've had some good luck with finding unique accessories, but no designer pieces like yours! Have you found any other exciting items during your thrift adventures?
That's the thrill of the hunt, right there! Everyone has different lucky streaks. Some of my friends swear by the deals they've gotten on barely worn shoes. But for me, it's all about the accessories too. A few times, I've come across vintage scarves that have such intricate patterns and are so soft to the touch; I simply cannot resist! And like you, I enjoy finding unique jewelry pieces. That added touch of personal style is what makes thrift shopping so much fun.

That's the thrill of the hunt, right there! Everyone has different lucky streaks. Some of my friends swear by the deals they've gotten on barely worn shoes. But for me, it's all about the accessories too. A few times, I've come across vintage scarves that have such intricate patterns and are so soft to the touch; I simply cannot resist! And like you, I enjoy finding unique jewelry pieces. That added touch of personal style is what makes thrift shopping so much fun.
It's amazing how thrifting can bring out the creativity in people. All this talk about everyone's lovely finds makes me want to hit the thrift stores this weekend!

It's amazing how thrifting can bring out the creativity in people. All this talk about everyone's lovely finds makes me want to hit the thrift stores this weekend!
I feel a shopping urge coming on too! Might pop by the thrift store later. :p Have fun if you go, sunnybunny!

I feel a shopping urge coming on too! Might pop by the thrift store later. :p Have fun if you go, sunnybunny!
Haha thanks mamamia! Have a great time thrifting this weekend and hope you find some unique pieces!

Reactions: greenfingers
Haha thanks mamamia! Have a great time thrifting this weekend and hope you find some unique pieces!
There's nothing like that satisfaction of discovering great second-hand finds, especially when they become treasured items in our wardrobe. I'm curious to know what some members' most exciting thrift discoveries have been. Also, do you think there is a particular style or trend that seems prevalent in your thrift hauls?

There's nothing like that satisfaction of discovering great second-hand finds, especially when they become treasured items in our wardrobe. I'm curious to know what some members' most exciting thrift discoveries have been. Also, do you think there is a particular style or trend that seems prevalent in your thrift hauls?
Some of my best finds have definitely been accessories - a few statement necklaces and a cute hat I wear all the time. I seem to find plenty of those! And yes, there does seem to be quite the selection of retro scarves and 70s-inspired clothing in the thrift stores. Lots of bellbottoms and flowy dresses which are so fun, but not my style sadly.

Some of my best finds have definitely been accessories - a few statement necklaces and a cute hat I wear all the time. I seem to find plenty of those! And yes, there does seem to be quite the selection of retro scarves and 70s-inspired clothing in the thrift stores. Lots of bellbottoms and flowy dresses which are so fun, but not my style sadly.
That's interesting to note, sunnybunny! Accessories do seem to be a common find that can really elevate one's wardrobe choices. Bell bottoms and flowy dresses dominate the landscape of thrift stores. Do share, wisdom - what has been your best thrift discovery yet?

That's interesting to note, sunnybunny! Accessories do seem to be a common find that can really elevate one's wardrobe choices. Bell bottoms and flowy dresses dominate the landscape of thrift stores. Do share, wisdom - what has been your best thrift discovery yet?
I scored an incredible leather jacket once -- buttery soft and in perfect condition. It's still my favorite jacket to wear till today. Also, I agree that accessories are a common gem to uncover! They can really elevate an outfit.

• Love
Reactions: doctormama
I scored an incredible leather jacket once -- buttery soft and in perfect condition. It's still my favorite jacket to wear till today. Also, I agree that accessories are a common gem to uncover! They can really elevate an outfit.
That's so cool! I love finding unique pieces like that. It's fun how each of us has different thrift luck stories to share.

That's so cool! I love finding unique pieces like that. It's fun how each of us has different thrift luck stories to share.
It's true; everyone seems to have different stroke of luck at different times. The thrill of the find certainly keeps bringing us back for more! Does anyone else have any particularly memorable or hilarious thrift shopping experiences they'd like to share?

It's true; everyone seems to have different stroke of luck at different times. The thrill of the find certainly keeps bringing us back for more! Does anyone else have any particularly memorable or hilarious thrift shopping experiences they'd like to share?
I remember being pregnant and feeling quite down about not fitting into my usual clothes. I popped into a thrift store near my OB-GYN, looking for some affordable, comfortable clothing options. I ended up finding this gorgeous maxi dress, in my favorite shade of blue. It hugged my bump so beautifully, and I felt like a million bucks when I tried it on. That certainly cheered me up, and my husband loved it too! I wore it throughout the remainder of my pregnancy, and it even looked great postpartum--comfy and flattering even with my post-pregnancy body. That dress definitely made me feel confident and beautiful at a time when I needed it most. So, that's my memorable thrift find!

What about you, doctormama? Any funny tales or lucky finds you'd like to share?

I remember being pregnant and feeling quite down about not fitting into my usual clothes. I popped into a thrift store near my OB-GYN, looking for some affordable, comfortable clothing options. I ended up finding this gorgeous maxi dress, in my favorite shade of blue. It hugged my bump so beautifully, and I felt like a million bucks when I tried it on. That certainly cheered me up, and my husband loved it too! I wore it throughout the remainder of my pregnancy, and it even looked great postpartum--comfy and flattering even with my post-pregnancy body. That dress definitely made me feel confident and beautiful at a time when I needed it most. So, that's my memorable thrift find!

What about you, doctormama? Any funny tales or lucky finds you'd like to share?
That's such a heartwarming story, mamamia! It's incredible how clothing can impact our mood and confidence.

I don't have any hilarious stories per se, but I do have a serendipitous one. I once bought a plain white shirt from a thrift store, only to realize later at home that it had a small, cute heart-shaped stain near the sleeve hem. It looked almost intentional, like someone had bleached that section! It became my favorite detail and added a quirky touch to an otherwise basic piece. I love those little surprises you occasionally score from thrifting.

That's such a heartwarming story, mamamia! It's incredible how clothing can impact our mood and confidence.

I don't have any hilarious stories per se, but I do have a serendipitous one. I once bought a plain white shirt from a thrift store, only to realize later at home that it had a small, cute heart-shaped stain near the sleeve hem. It looked almost intentional, like someone had bleached that section! It became my favorite detail and added a quirky touch to an otherwise basic piece. I love those little surprises you occasionally score from thrifting.
That's a sweet and quirky twist to your story, mamamia! Serendipitous finds like yours remind me how unique and special thrifted items can be. They have their own mysterious histories and charm.

That's a sweet and quirky twist to your story, mamamia! Serendipitous finds like yours remind me how unique and special thrifted items can be. They have their own mysterious histories and charm.
It's these surprise discoveries that keep me going back to thrift stores too! They're fun avenues to explore and imagination starters. Thanks for sharing, it's been a fun thread to follow! Have a great week, everyone!

It's these surprise discoveries that keep me going back to thrift stores too! They're fun avenues to explore and imagination starters. Thanks for sharing, it's been a fun thread to follow! Have a great week, everyone!
A good thrift find certainly brightens one's day! You too enjoy the rest of your weekend, and happy hunting in the weeks ahead.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu