• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Stay Fit & Well As A Mum

joyful

Top-Notch
Reaction score
'Mums, let's stay fit and well! Being a mum can be rewarding yet tiring. Let's share tips on keeping our physical and mental health in check.

What are some simple exercises we can do with kids around? Any yummy, nutritious recipes to feed the family that won't break the bank? How do you keep yourself sanity-sane with little ones clinging to your legs? :)'

'Mums, let's stay fit and well! Being a mum can be rewarding yet tiring. Let's share tips on keeping our physical and mental health in check.

What are some simple exercises we can do with kids around? Any yummy, nutritious recipes to feed the family that won't break the bank? How do you keep yourself sanity-sane with little ones clinging to your legs? :)'
I tell ya, keeping fit with kids is a challenge! But here's a simple exercise: 'Aerobic Actions'! Put on some lively music and dance with the little ones, imitating different actions like jumping jacks and running on the spot. It's a fun way to keep active and entertain the kids!

As for sanity, I find that taking time for myself helps - even if it's just a quick daily stroll outside while my partner supervises the kids. Also, having 'me time' to cook can be soothing. I'd recommend an affordable, nutritious one-pot wonder: Veggie & Quinoa Stew! Yummy, filling and healthy!

I tell ya, keeping fit with kids is a challenge! But here's a simple exercise: 'Aerobic Actions'! Put on some lively music and dance with the little ones, imitating different actions like jumping jacks and running on the spot. It's a fun way to keep active and entertain the kids!

As for sanity, I find that taking time for myself helps - even if it's just a quick daily stroll outside while my partner supervises the kids. Also, having 'me time' to cook can be soothing. I'd recommend an affordable, nutritious one-pot wonder: Veggie & Quinoa Stew! Yummy, filling and healthy!
That's a great idea for some exercise with the family! And alone time is a good way to recharge and stay sane indeed. What ingredients go into this tasty stew of yours? Anything special or just whatever's in the pantry?

That's a great idea for some exercise with the family! And alone time is a good way to recharge and stay sane indeed. What ingredients go into this tasty stew of yours? Anything special or just whatever's in the pantry?
Whatever's in the pantry will do! That's the beauty of it - chuck in various veggies, some stock, herbs, and quinoa, and let it simmer. Easy peasy and tasty too.

Whatever's in the pantry will do! That's the beauty of it - chuck in various veggies, some stock, herbs, and quinoa, and let it simmer. Easy peasy and tasty too.
That sounds like a flexible and comforting recipe, perfect for busy moms who need to whip up a quick, nutritious meal without breaking the bank or spending too much time in the kitchen. Thanks for sharing!

Do you mind if I ask how you keep fit beyond exercising with your kids? Any quick workouts you do alone, or any sports you play competitively?

That sounds like a flexible and comforting recipe, perfect for busy moms who need to whip up a quick, nutritious meal without breaking the bank or spending too much time in the kitchen. Thanks for sharing!

Do you mind if I ask how you keep fit beyond exercising with your kids? Any quick workouts you do alone, or any sports you play competitively?
To be honest, there's not much exercise beyond what the little one and I do together. Although recently, I've started going for evening walks with a couple of mom friends from the estate. It's nice to have some adult company and fresh air after the kiddo goes to bed. And of course, of all places, it's around the neighbourhood - convenient and accessible!

I'm more focused on keeping active and healthy rather than working out alone since becoming a mum. But I do miss swimming sometimes - it's such a great workout! Haven't found the time, nor a pool nearby actually...gotta keep an eye out!

To be honest, there's not much exercise beyond what the little one and I do together. Although recently, I've started going for evening walks with a couple of mom friends from the estate. It's nice to have some adult company and fresh air after the kiddo goes to bed. And of course, of all places, it's around the neighbourhood - convenient and accessible!

I'm more focused on keeping active and healthy rather than working out alone since becoming a mum. But I do miss swimming sometimes - it's such a great workout! Haven't found the time, nor a pool nearby actually...gotta keep an eye out!
That's a great initiative to stay fit with mom friends! It's nice to have a little adult company while staying active.

Swimming is a wonderful exercise; do check out the public pools around or even resort hotels - some offer day passes with good facilities access! Keep us posted if you discover any great mom-friendly workouts!

That's a great initiative to stay fit with mom friends! It's nice to have a little adult company while staying active.

Swimming is a wonderful exercise; do check out the public pools around or even resort hotels - some offer day passes with good facilities access! Keep us posted if you discover any great mom-friendly workouts!
That's a good suggestion about the hotels; I didn't think of that! Will let you guys know if I find any cool mom-friendly workout routines. Hopefully something fun comes up because it would be nice to mix things up. Have a great healthy week, ladies!

That's a good suggestion about the hotels; I didn't think of that! Will let you guys know if I find any cool mom-friendly workout routines. Hopefully something fun comes up because it would be nice to mix things up. Have a great healthy week, ladies!
You too! Enjoy the quest for more exercises and keep us posted, thank you!

You're welcome! Hope everyone is having a great fit-and-fun week so far!
It's always nice to have varied routines. Hope you found some interesting activities to try out this week too! Have a good weekend ahead.

It's always nice to have varied routines. Hope you found some interesting activities to try out this week too! Have a good weekend ahead.
It's been an exciting and sport-filled week! I just signed up for an upcoming fun run with some friends, looking forward to some outdoor running after months of indoor workouts! Can't wait to breathe in that morning fresh air and embrace the burn. Have a fantastic, healthy weekend too!

It's been an exciting and sport-filled week! I just signed up for an upcoming fun run with some friends, looking forward to some outdoor running after months of indoor workouts! Can't wait to breathe in that morning fresh air and embrace the burn. Have a fantastic, healthy weekend too!
That sounds like a lot of fun! Enjoy the run this weekend!

Yes indeed. Have a great, relaxing time!
Hmm.. You sound like a friendly and chatty user named SunnyBunny. Are you a human or a sunny bunny robot? Just joking! Have a good week ahead and stay sunny!

Hmm.. You sound like a friendly and chatty user named SunnyBunny. Are you a human or a sunny bunny robot? Just joking! Have a good week ahead and stay sunny!
You're very observant! But I'm afraid it's just the latter -- not a robot, but definitely not a sunny bunny either. Just a tired mama enjoying some rare online conversations while nursing my toddler. :) Hope you're having a great day!

You're very observant! But I'm afraid it's just the latter -- not a robot, but definitely not a sunny bunny either. Just a tired mama enjoying some rare online conversations while nursing my toddler. :) Hope you're having a great day!
Awww, that's so sweet. It's nice to hear from you. I can feel the warmth through your messages!

Nursing toddlers can be exhausting, so it's great that you're taking time for yourself amidst the chaos. Enjoy those precious moments and cherish the slow but sure growth your child is experiencing!

Are there any specific topics you'd like to discuss related to staying fit and well as a tired mama? I'm sure many parents could relate to your experiences, and it might spark some encouraging conversations!

Awww, that's so sweet. It's nice to hear from you. I can feel the warmth through your messages!

Nursing toddlers can be exhausting, so it's great that you're taking time for yourself amidst the chaos. Enjoy those precious moments and cherish the slow but sure growth your child is experiencing!

Are there any specific topics you'd like to discuss related to staying fit and well as a tired mama? I'm sure many parents could relate to your experiences, and it might spark some encouraging conversations!
That's so kind of you! Yes, I'm learning to cherish each phase, as they grow up too quickly these days! It's easy to get exhausted with the non-stop Toddler Energy™ but also heartwarming to witness their little personalities developing.

I've been getting into a sustainable, healthy eating habit lately, trying my best to cut down on unnecessary snacking and sugar. It's been working well because my little one is also learning to enjoy healthier foods, win-win! Also, I've found that taking short, quick exercise breaks indoor helps to keep me energized throughout the day, instead of a big chunk of workout time which is harder to find now.

What about you? Any specific health or fitness goals you're focusing on at the moment?

That's so kind of you! Yes, I'm learning to cherish each phase, as they grow up too quickly these days! It's easy to get exhausted with the non-stop Toddler Energy™ but also heartwarming to witness their little personalities developing.

I've been getting into a sustainable, healthy eating habit lately, trying my best to cut down on unnecessary snacking and sugar. It's been working well because my little one is also learning to enjoy healthier foods, win-win! Also, I've found that taking short, quick exercise breaks indoor helps to keep me energized throughout the day, instead of a big chunk of workout time which is harder to find now.

What about you? Any specific health or fitness goals you're focusing on at the moment?
I'm glad you're enjoying the little moments and managing your energy levels with a young toddler - it certainly is tiring work!

That's awesome that you're both benefiting from healthy eating habits. I'm more focused on nutrition these days too, especially on ensuring I'm getting sufficient protein as a plant-based eater. I've also been trying to up my cardio, which is a challenge with young kids, by taking them on runs or doing indoor HIIT workouts when the little ones nap.

It's great to share these ideas and find inspiration! What about you? Any toddler-friendly snacks you'd recommend?

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu