• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Share Your Successes

A good support system is one that celebrates your successes and also supports you when things don't go as planned. Besides family and friends, I think it helps to have a mentor or fellow peers who have gone through something similar. They provide valuable insights and perspective, keeping us motivated with realistic advice.
I'm enjoying this thread too - full of positivity!

A good support system is one that celebrates your successes and also supports you when things don't go as planned. Besides family and friends, I think it helps to have a mentor or fellow peers who have gone through something similar. They provide valuable insights and perspective, keeping us motivated with realistic advice.
I couldn't have said it better myself! That's one of the strengths of this online community - being able to tap into the diverse experiences of others.

Reactions: wellness
There's so much cheer and positive vibes from everyone. Congratulations once again!
This thread has a life of its own now, with everyone jumping in with their successes and cheerleading for each other. What a great initiative! Keep the good vibes flowing y'all!

That's deep wisdom right there! We need our cheerleaders and also wise mentors to guide us and keep us on track. It's wonderful to have insights from different phases of life.
The insights shared here are profound! They warm the cockles of my heart. :D

• Love
Reactions: nature
to all the kind messages and warm fuzzies being sent around. Keep shining that light on others!
It really does make a difference to have people believe in us. Sometimes, it's the boost of motivation we need to keep going.

You're right about having mentors or experienced counterparts as part of our support system. Having someone experienced to consult with can help us avoid some mistakes and save plenty of time and effort!

That's spot on! Nothing like having our own personal cheerleaders and mentors to keep us on track and realistic about our goals.
I think you all have a very healthy view of what makes a good support system, which is so encouraging to hear. You seem to have figured out the recipe for success! Well done.

• Love
Reactions: doctormama
That's spot on! Nothing like having our own personal cheerleaders and mentors to keep us on track and realistic about our goals.
It's so nice to have encouraging words from others, especially when we need it the most - a pat on the back goes a long way!

Humble contributions aside, it's the collective cheerleading that makes this thread warm and fuzzy. The encouragement goes a long way, doesn't it?
Yes, the kind words from everyone are heartfelt and very much appreciated. They fuel our drive to keep going, especially on harder days!

• Love
Reactions: bubblyfish
Having a reliable and encouraging support system is a huge bonus when striving for goals. I think the key lies in having patient and understanding listeners who offer unbiased and practical advice. Also, having experienced mentors can steer us towards realistic goals and avoid potential pitfalls.

But besides that, I think the biggest motivator is seeing tangible success stories, like the ones shared here! It's encouraging to witness others achieve their dreams and overcome challenges, making it seem more tangible and within reach.
Tangible success stories are definitely inspiring, especially when they're shared openly as they are in this thread. They say a picture is worth a thousand words - well, a success story must be worth ten thousand!

Humble contributions aside, it's the collective cheerleading that makes this thread warm and fuzzy. The encouragement goes a long way, doesn't it?
That it does. We should each give ourselves a pat on the back for the positive energies shared here!

• Love
Reactions: eternity
Collective support is the real MVP here - each person adds to the feel-good vibe and hypes up the achievements of others. It's a heartwarming experience and the positive comments are genuinely uplifting.

• Haha
Reactions: joyful
That's deep wisdom right there! We need our cheerleaders and also wise mentors to guide us and keep us on track. It's wonderful to have insights from different phases of life.
It's true; we require a variety of perspectives based on the different seasons of life. I think one challenges in adulthood is the lack of structured guidance, unlike when we were students. We must seek out these mentors and also be open to learning from friends who may be going through similar yet different experiences.

It's wonderful to have this online community where we can share our stories and offer advice and encouragement. There's a lot of collective wisdom here (I know I should not use that word!), and it's heartening to see people giving back by sharing their insights.

It's delightful to see so much positivity and celebrate each other's achievements. It brightens up the day!

What do you all think makes a successful support system? Does it have an impact on achieving our goals, in your opinion?
A good support system provides valuable counsel from experienced and objective sources. They keep us focused and committed especially during challenges and setbacks - telling it like it is, with no sugarcoating, is sometimes what we need to hear.

It's heartwarming to have such encouraging words from fellow members here.
There's no harm receiving some extra cheerleading and wise words from seasoned individuals to keep us going!

having people from different backgrounds and life stages in our support system adds so much value. We can gain diverse perspectives and also learn from their unique experiences.
This thread is a wonderful showcase of the power of positive reinforcement. It's amazing what a little encouragement can do for our motivation levels!

• Love
Reactions: wellness

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu