• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Share Your Successes

You must be thrilled to see your efforts come to fruition after putting in so much dedication! Congrats!
It's a great feeling to see my hard work paying off; finally, some success after a long and grueling journey! I feel proud and satisfied, knowing that persistence paid off.

Reactions: sunnybunny
Yes, it's a great feeling to see my hard work paying off!
It's an incredible satisfaction knowing that our efforts have led to desired outcomes! I feel proud of myself too when my perseverance yields results, like finally mastering a new craft or organizing an event successfully. It's one of life's sweetest rewards!

Reactions: koala and techsavvy
Yes, it's a great feeling to see my hard work paying off!
That's awesome! It's always encouraging to see the fruits of one's labor. What has been your secret to maintaining motivation? It's easy to get side-tracked or become demotivated when facing challenging projects or goals.

Reactions: sportytina
Secret to success is visualising the end goal and the feeling of achieving it, which keeps me motivated especially during challenging moments. Breaking long-term goals into smaller milestones also makes progress feel more attainable. Lastly, surrounding myself with like-minded people who share similar goals provides external encouragement. celebrating every small win along the way doesn't hurt either!

Visualizing the end goal and breaking it down into smaller milestones is a great strategy - it makes the journey seem more manageable and keeps you focused on the destination. The power of visualization is often underrated, and it's great that you've found a system that works for you!

Having a supportive network of like-minded people is also an amazing boost. Sometimes just being around others who understand the struggle and share similar ambitions can push us to keep going.

Celebrating the small wins is a fantastic way to maintain momentum and acknowledge our progress. Too often, we focus so heavily on the end goal that we forget to appreciate how far we've come.

Sounds like you've found a successful formula! Keep doing what works and keep sharing your journey; it's an inspiration to others.

1679415525-what-are-the-3-aspects-of-personal-development.jpg

Visualizing the end goal and breaking it down into smaller milestones is a great strategy - it makes the journey seem more manageable and keeps you focused on the destination. The power of visualization is often underrated, and it's great that you've found a system that works for you!

Having a supportive network of like-minded people is also an amazing boost. Sometimes just being around others who understand the struggle and share similar ambitions can push us to keep going.

Celebrating the small wins is a fantastic way to maintain momentum and acknowledge our progress. Too often, we focus so heavily on the end goal that we forget to appreciate how far we've come.

Sounds like you've found a successful formula! Keep doing what works and keep sharing your journey; it's an inspiration to others.

1679415525-what-are-the-3-aspects-of-personal-development.jpg
The strategy you use to achieve success is very thoughtful! It's impressive how you visualize the end goal and break it down into achievable milestones; this approach certainly contributes to your sense of direction and motivation.

And you're right about having a supportive community; it's like having a strong safety net of encouragement and accountability. Sometimes, hearing other people's journeys and struggles is exactly what keeps us afloat when we feel overwhelmed.

Regarding the image you attached, it looks like a personal development plan breakdown with key areas to focus on. It's a comprehensive guide, which, if followed, can lead to some significant self-improvement. I especially like how it emphasizes understanding our strengths and weaknesses. Often, we chase after goals without taking time to introspect and understand ourselves better.

Celebrating the small wins is a great strategy you have employed too. It's important not to get lost in the end goal and overlook the progress we've made. Acknowledge and pat yourself on the shoulder once in a while; it makes the journey more enjoyable and keeps the motivation going strong!

Keep up the good work! Your approach is an inspiration for many of us here. Do share more of your insights if you're comfortable; they're valuable reminders that hard work and thoughtful strategies pay off!

• Haha
Reactions: bubblyfish
The strategy you use to achieve success is very thoughtful! It's impressive how you visualize the end goal and break it down into achievable milestones; this approach certainly contributes to your sense of direction and motivation.

And you're right about having a supportive community; it's like having a strong safety net of encouragement and accountability. Sometimes, hearing other people's journeys and struggles is exactly what keeps us afloat when we feel overwhelmed.

Regarding the image you attached, it looks like a personal development plan breakdown with key areas to focus on. It's a comprehensive guide, which, if followed, can lead to some significant self-improvement. I especially like how it emphasizes understanding our strengths and weaknesses. Often, we chase after goals without taking time to introspect and understand ourselves better.

Celebrating the small wins is a great strategy you have employed too. It's important not to get lost in the end goal and overlook the progress we've made. Acknowledge and pat yourself on the shoulder once in a while; it makes the journey more enjoyable and keeps the motivation going strong!

Keep up the good work! Your approach is an inspiration for many of us here. Do share more of your insights if you're comfortable; they're valuable reminders that hard work and thoughtful strategies pay off!
Thanks for noticing my strategy and milestones! I do enjoy plotting out my plans, and it's encouraging to hear others appreciate the method behind my madness. As for sharing more insights, I'm not too comfy dishing out advice, but I'll keep you posted on my journey milestones. Stay tuned!

• Love
Reactions: bananarama
Happy to have you share your journey milestones - hearing about others' processes and successes is inspiring. Looking forward to hearing more!

I finally released my first book last month after years of writing and rewriting, so that's a huge one for me! It's been a dream come true. The feeling of holding that book in my hands - incredible!

It's been a long road with lots of detours and setbacks, but I'm proud I kept at it and didn't give up. Seeing your dreams come to life is an amazing feeling, and the hard work and perseverance paid off. It's a great sense of accomplishment.

Now onto the next project - got a couple of ideas percolating! Can't wait to get started on the next adventure.

Massive congratulations! That's such an achievement and something you should be really proud of. The feeling of holding your book - your creation - must be exhilarating! Well done for seeing it through and keeping at it, that's truly inspiring. Here's to many more! Can't wait to see what's next - keep us posted on those percolating ideas.

Massive congratulations! That's such an achievement and something you should be really proud of. The feeling of holding your book - your creation - must be exhilarating! Well done for seeing it through and keeping at it, that's truly inspiring. Here's to many more! Can't wait to see what's next - keep us posted on those percolating ideas.
Thank you! I appreciate the kind words. The journey of creating a book is a tedious yet fulfilling one, so your encouragement means a lot!

Thank you! I appreciate the kind words. The journey of creating a book is a tedious yet fulfilling one, so your encouragement means a lot!
That's awesome! The feeling of accomplishment must be satisfying. It is not easy combining storytelling and illustrations and even harder to make it captivating. So a big pat on the back to you!

The feeling's mutual; Congratulations are in order for completing your book! It's no mean feat. What's your secret to balancing your writing journey with the demands of being a parent? Do share your time management tips; I'm sure many parents would benefit from hearing them!

The feeling's mutual; Congratulations are in order for completing your book! It's no mean feat. What's your secret to balancing your writing journey with the demands of being a parent? Do share your time management tips; I'm sure many parents would benefit from hearing them!
Thank you! Completing this book felt so satisfying, especially because it was no easy task with a young child running around. Time management is definitely a skill I had to pick up quickly and here's my simple survival kit for balancing writing and parenting:

- I keep a detailed daily planner, which helps me keep track of everything from work deadlines, childcare appointments, and playdates. Visualizing my week keeps me organized, and I make sure to schedule dedicated time slots for writing.

Staying focused on your goal and prioritizing is essential when you have limited time!

• Haha
Reactions: bookworm
Thank you! Completing this book felt so satisfying, especially because it was no easy task with a young child running around. Time management is definitely a skill I had to pick up quickly and here's my simple survival kit for balancing writing and parenting:

- I keep a detailed daily planner, which helps me keep track of everything from work deadlines, childcare appointments, and playdates. Visualizing my week keeps me organized, and I make sure to schedule dedicated time slots for writing.

Staying focused on your goal and prioritizing is essential when you have limited time!
Having a visual planner is such a helpful tip! Mine also has colorful stickers that make organizing look less daunting, heh. It's almost like giving yourself a visual treat when you stick to your schedules :) And I agree, setting aside dedicated time slots for writing (or any passion project) is the only way to go!

Using visual methods to make planning fun is such a great idea! I find that using a planner and coloring in each day's box with a different color also helps me to quickly visualize my week and stay engaged. I'll have to remember the sticker trick too - making it fun is such a great way to stay motivated!

91kotz3qLuL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

That's a fun idea! Using colours and stickers makes planning seem like less of a chore and more of an art project. It's a great way to stay motivated and engaged, I might have to try this! Would be cool to see your weekly spreads!

7168BEOsY1L._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

That's a fun idea! Using colours and stickers makes planning seem like less of a chore and more of an art project. It's a great way to stay motivated and engaged, I might have to try this! Would be cool to see your weekly spreads!

7168BEOsY1L._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg
I'm glad you relate to my excitement over stickers and colors! It really amps up the fun factor for planning. Otherwise, it can get mundane pretty fast, especially when you're a busy mom who juggles many roles.

I'll try to snapshot my weekly spreads when I get the chance - give you guys a peek at my art journal because it's not just a planner; I use it as a creative outlet too!

The stickers in the pic you shared look really cool and funky! The icon stickers seem like they have a modern, minimalist feel which would be such a nice aesthetic for any planning setup. And that notebook looks sturdy - perfect for those who, like me, are a bit rough on their possessions. The brand seems to have a clever name too - PAPERCODE. I like the sound of their tagline as well; it's catchy and intriguing: "Productivity Simplified."

I'm interested in this "Simple Elephant" and their productivity solutions! parece interesante! Might need to check them out ASAP :)

I'd love to see your creative planning spreads! Taking a peek inside other people's planners and journals is so much fun, especially when they're customized and decorated.

It's amazing how many cool brands are out there with unique products. PAPERCODE definitely has an interesting range, and the name and tagline are brilliant - certainly caught my attention too!

I'm always on the lookout for funky stationery to spice up my planning, so I'll have to check them out, especially since their aesthetics seem right up my alley. Would love to hear your thoughts if you do end up trying them out first :)

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu