• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Share Your Successes

That's true -- as the saying goes, the days are long but the years are short! Before we know it, our little ones will be all grown up. Here's to pausing and savoring the moments. Hope your week is fantastic! 🥳
The years are too short and only seem to speed up with each passing birthday! I'm curious, what do you like to do to mark special occasions or milestones? I've always been one to throw a big shindig, but now that the kids are older, it's becoming harder to surprise them. I still remember the looks of wonder (or was it surprise?) on their little faces when they were younger and discovered a birthday cake shaped like a train or a rainbow-colored piñata hanging in the backyard! Speaking of which, do you have any fun celebrations coming up?

I have some tricks up my sleeve for milestone birthdays in my household. For my daughter's sweet sixteen, I organized a scavenger hunt around the city with her friends. It was an epic adventure, with each clue leading them to a new location and ending with a big celebration back at home - think of it as a real-life mystery game!

For my son's upcoming 21st, I'm planning something different. A themed celebration with a 'daytime disco' vibe complete with a nostalgic 70s and 80s soundtrack, disco balls, and fun retro snacks. It'll be a groovy way to celebrate his adulthood, and I can't wait to see the looks on their faces when they walk into the party zone!

These occasions are also a great time to bring out the photo albums and yearbooks from previous birthdays - watching the kids go through them, remembering the good times, is a real kick. They always find it so fascinating (and sometimes hilarious) to see themselves as toddlers! So, if you tolerate me for a second on this thread, I think starting a tradition of some sort, especially one that involves an exciting activity or theme, can really make birthdays special and memorable as the years fly by.

I have some tricks up my sleeve for milestone birthdays in my household. For my daughter's sweet sixteen, I organized a scavenger hunt around the city with her friends. It was an epic adventure, with each clue leading them to a new location and ending with a big celebration back at home - think of it as a real-life mystery game!

For my son's upcoming 21st, I'm planning something different. A themed celebration with a 'daytime disco' vibe complete with a nostalgic 70s and 80s soundtrack, disco balls, and fun retro snacks. It'll be a groovy way to celebrate his adulthood, and I can't wait to see the looks on their faces when they walk into the party zone!

These occasions are also a great time to bring out the photo albums and yearbooks from previous birthdays - watching the kids go through them, remembering the good times, is a real kick. They always find it so fascinating (and sometimes hilarious) to see themselves as toddlers! So, if you tolerate me for a second on this thread, I think starting a tradition of some sort, especially one that involves an exciting activity or theme, can really make birthdays special and memorable as the years fly by.
Organizing themed celebrations sounds like a fun way to mark milestones! The scavenger hunt and the planned daytime disco birthday sound like innovative ways to celebrate the big days and create lasting memories.

I don't have any major milestones coming up, but your exciting plans make me look forward to my kids' future birthdays and coming up with creative ways to celebrate them. I'm sure their reactions will be worth all the effort.

It's also a lovely idea to bring out the old photo albums and yearbooks--it must warm your heart down memory lane while helping them appreciate how much they've grown. Thank you for sharing; I think I'll give it a go at the next big birthday in our household!

• Love
Reactions: sportytina

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu