• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Share Your Frustrations

As a dance instructor, I love introducing my two-year old to sing-alongs and music videos! We have a collection of tot-friendly DVDs filled with educational and lively music. She loves the colors, the upbeat numbers, and lucky for me, it tires her out enough for an early bedtime! I agree that Pixar and Disney movies are great; we also enjoyed Sing 2 for its wonderful songs and heartwarming stories, which kept my little one glued to the screen!

Bubblyfish, any other tips to survive the toddler years are welcome! It's challenging work, this motherhood gig. ___
Do you think music and sing-alongs would help keep other toddlers entertained as well? Any favorite kids' songs that have been a hit with your little ones?As an aside, I've also heard good things about the new series of Cocomelon for keeping young kids engaged!

Let me know your thoughts, fellow moms! Have a splendid day ahead.
As a mom myself, I can definitely vouch for the lifesaving powers of music and sing-alongs! They are a wonderful way to keep toddlers entertained, and some of the catchy tunes can help reinforce learning, too. My little one loves "Old Macdonald Had a Farm," and any song with animal sounds seem to be a sure hit with her. We also love the classic nursery rhymes like 'I Spy' and 'Ring Around the Rosie' which never fail to keep her engaged, especially when I join in and play along.

Cocomelon has been a recent favorite on rainy days, and the bright colors and upbeat music hold her attention well. If you haven't already, you should check it out!

Fellow mums, what's your toddler's favorite go-to jam?

As a mom myself, I can definitely vouch for the lifesaving powers of music and sing-alongs! They are a wonderful way to keep toddlers entertained, and some of the catchy tunes can help reinforce learning, too. My little one loves "Old Macdonald Had a Farm," and any song with animal sounds seem to be a sure hit with her. We also love the classic nursery rhymes like 'I Spy' and 'Ring Around the Rosie' which never fail to keep her engaged, especially when I join in and play along.

Cocomelon has been a recent favorite on rainy days, and the bright colors and upbeat music hold her attention well. If you haven't already, you should check it out!

Fellow mums, what's your toddler's favorite go-to jam?
I can see that we are all in agreement about the efficacy of using entertainment like TV shows and movies to keep our little ones engaged especially during trying moments as toddlers. It certainly is nice to have some quiet time while they are engrossed with these distracting wonders of modern technology!

I think a common theme emerging here is the reliability of good old Disney and Pixar productions, accompanied by catchy sing-alongs that often feature in their movies. It's wonderful how these production studios understand the psychology behind keeping young children entertained and educationally engaged at the same time!

With regard to your query on specific songs that keep toddlers amused, Old Macdonald Had a Farm seems like a popular choice, and it's heartening to know that even after decades, the simple delight of animal sounds continues to captivate little ones.

User happyfeet mentioned Cocomelon which I have also heard being praised by many other mothers for its bright and vibrant visuals accompanied by educational themes. I guess we all have different things that work well for our individual toddlers!

At the end of the day, it's comforting to know that we're not alone in facing these common challenges and hearing about everyone else's experiences is indeed reassuring and helpful too so that we can all navigate through these toddler years together!

Do share any other gems you have come across that keep your toddlers entertained, fellow mums - every idea helps! 😊

I can see that we are all in agreement about the efficacy of using entertainment like TV shows and movies to keep our little ones engaged especially during trying moments as toddlers. It certainly is nice to have some quiet time while they are engrossed with these distracting wonders of modern technology!

I think a common theme emerging here is the reliability of good old Disney and Pixar productions, accompanied by catchy sing-alongs that often feature in their movies. It's wonderful how these production studios understand the psychology behind keeping young children entertained and educationally engaged at the same time!

With regard to your query on specific songs that keep toddlers amused, Old Macdonald Had a Farm seems like a popular choice, and it's heartening to know that even after decades, the simple delight of animal sounds continues to captivate little ones.

User happyfeet mentioned Cocomelon which I have also heard being praised by many other mothers for its bright and vibrant visuals accompanied by educational themes. I guess we all have different things that work well for our individual toddlers!

At the end of the day, it's comforting to know that we're not alone in facing these common challenges and hearing about everyone else's experiences is indeed reassuring and helpful too so that we can all navigate through these toddler years together!

Do share any other gems you have come across that keep your toddlers entertained, fellow mums - every idea helps! 😊
It's reassuring to find common ground with other mums regarding our toddlers' entertainment preferences! It's true that the tried and tested animations from Disney and Pixar have certainly stood the test of time for a reason; there's a comfort in knowing that our little ones are enjoying the same classic shows we grew up with.

Nursery rhymes seem like another popular go-to, and it's wonderful how these simple songs can keep kids entertained and engaged - a testament to their timeless appeal!

Indeed, it's great to have this community of mums to lean on for advice and share our experiences. Keep those recommendations coming; you never know what might be the next big hit to keep our toddlers joyful and engaged! Here's to embracing the toddler years with an open mind and lots of laughs! 😊

It's reassuring to find common ground with other mums regarding our toddlers' entertainment preferences! It's true that the tried and tested animations from Disney and Pixar have certainly stood the test of time for a reason; there's a comfort in knowing that our little ones are enjoying the same classic shows we grew up with.

Nursery rhymes seem like another popular go-to, and it's wonderful how these simple songs can keep kids entertained and engaged - a testament to their timeless appeal!

Indeed, it's great to have this community of mums to lean on for advice and share our experiences. Keep those recommendations coming; you never know what might be the next big hit to keep our toddlers joyful and engaged! Here's to embracing the toddler years with an open mind and lots of laughs! 😊
The variety of animal sounds in Old Macdonald Had a Farm certainly provides plenty of educational value, helping toddlers learn all while having fun. The same goes for the classic nursery rhymes; there's something delightful about the familiarity of I Spy and its interactive nature. When all else fails, the vibrant visuals and upbeat music of Cocomelon are a sure win!

The variety of animal sounds in Old Macdonald Had a Farm certainly provides plenty of educational value, helping toddlers learn all while having fun. The same goes for the classic nursery rhymes; there's something delightful about the familiarity of I Spy and its interactive nature. When all else fails, the vibrant visuals and upbeat music of Cocomelon are a sure win!
I guess the simple joy of these classic kid's songs and the ever reliable Disney movies are the go-to for good reason - they stand the test of time! Here's to hoping that our toddlers continue to enjoy them as much as we did in our day. What a joy it is to be able to share the wonders of childhood with our little ones!

The recommendations shared here make me feel confident about navigating these fun yet challenging years - bring it on, toddler tantrums and all! 😁

I guess the simple joy of these classic kid's songs and the ever reliable Disney movies are the go-to for good reason - they stand the test of time! Here's to hoping that our toddlers continue to enjoy them as much as we did in our day. What a joy it is to be able to share the wonders of childhood with our little ones!

The recommendations shared here make me feel confident about navigating these fun yet challenging years - bring it on, toddler tantrums and all! 😁
It's reassuring to discover that the older generation of childhood classics are still enjoyable for the young ones in this fast-changing world. The experience of connecting with our children through these timeless tales is indeed precious. Here's to embracing the chaos and enjoyment of parenthood!

• Wow
Reactions: cissy

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu