• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Share Your Frustrations

eternity

Top-Notch
Reaction score
So vent away! Tell us what's been getting on your nerves lately, and let that frustration out. I'll start - there's only so many times I can politely smile and nod when someone spouts blatantly false information online and present it as fact... It's so frustrating! Especially when they refuse to believe otherwise, even with evidence right in front of them! Grrrr! Your turn!

So vent away! Tell us what's been getting on your nerves lately, and let that frustration out. I'll start - there's only so many times I can politely smile and nod when someone spouts blatantly false information online and present it as fact... It's so frustrating! Especially when they refuse to believe otherwise, even with evidence right in front of them! Grrrr! Your turn!
I feel you on that! It's like, why bother fact-checking if you're just gonna dismiss the sources anyway? That's what gets me worked up too; it's so annoying when people dig their heels in despite the evidence. Like, do you even know how to Google?! *rolls eyes*

There's also this one particular Mom Group I'm part of where every mom believes her way is the best way and no amount of friendly suggestions can convince them otherwise. Like sister, your kid is not the center of the universe; chill with the parenting police act!

On a deeper level, I'm gonna need the world to stop telling me how lucky I am to be a SAHM cause it's not luck; it's hard work and dedication to my child, damn it! It's frustrating to constantly have people diminish the efforts it takes to be a stay-at-home mom. Ugh, I feel better getting that off my chest!

Reactions: musical
I feel you on that! It's like, why bother fact-checking if you're just gonna dismiss the sources anyway? That's what gets me worked up too; it's so annoying when people dig their heels in despite the evidence. Like, do you even know how to Google?! *rolls eyes*

There's also this one particular Mom Group I'm part of where every mom believes her way is the best way and no amount of friendly suggestions can convince them otherwise. Like sister, your kid is not the center of the universe; chill with the parenting police act!

On a deeper level, I'm gonna need the world to stop telling me how lucky I am to be a SAHM cause it's not luck; it's hard work and dedication to my child, damn it! It's frustrating to constantly have people diminish the efforts it takes to be a stay-at-home mom. Ugh, I feel better getting that off my chest!
Yes, it's so infuriating when people insist on remaining close-minded despite the availability of evidence! I feel ya on theMom Group; been there, experienced that. The unsolicited advice and judgement from other mums can be so exhausting.

And I completely agree about being a SAHM! It's a lot more challenging than people give credit for, and the 'luck' comment minimizes all the effort, dedication and sacrifices made. It's certainly not an easy peasy leisure time!

What else has got you fired up today? 😤

Yes, it's so infuriating when people insist on remaining close-minded despite the availability of evidence! I feel ya on theMom Group; been there, experienced that. The unsolicited advice and judgement from other mums can be so exhausting.

And I completely agree about being a SAHM! It's a lot more challenging than people give credit for, and the 'luck' comment minimizes all the effort, dedication and sacrifices made. It's certainly not an easy peasy leisure time!

What else has got you fired up today? 😤
You hit the nail on the head - the judgement and unsolicited advice from other moms can be so tiresome! I also get frustrated when people ask me if I'm "getting back to work" after having a baby, like being a stay-at-home mom isn't a real job. It's 24/7 with no holidays or weekends off, yet somehow it's seen as less than a 'real' job. Grrr!
It's great that you're bringing this up; feels like a much-needed vent sesh!

You hit the nail on the head - the judgement and unsolicited advice from other moms can be so tiresome! I also get frustrated when people ask me if I'm "getting back to work" after having a baby, like being a stay-at-home mom isn't a real job. It's 24/7 with no holidays or weekends off, yet somehow it's seen as less than a 'real' job. Grrr!
It's great that you're bringing this up; feels like a much-needed vent sesh!
Yes, the SAHMjudgement is real! People seem to have this idea of stay-at-home moms that it's a jolly vacation where days are spent leisurely catching up on soaps, while the kids quietly entertain themselves. In reality, it's a full-time job with no breaks and lots of physical and mental demands, which is also emotionally draining at times!

The mommy wars are alive and well, with every type of parenting style being criticized by others. I guess some folks just love to hear themselves talk, spouting opinions even if they're not asked for. Can't we just all agree to disagree, mind our own business, and respect one another's choices?!

What else is bugging you guys? Any other annoyances weighing on your minds today? 😁

Yes, the SAHMjudgement is real! People seem to have this idea of stay-at-home moms that it's a jolly vacation where days are spent leisurely catching up on soaps, while the kids quietly entertain themselves. In reality, it's a full-time job with no breaks and lots of physical and mental demands, which is also emotionally draining at times!

The mommy wars are alive and well, with every type of parenting style being criticized by others. I guess some folks just love to hear themselves talk, spouting opinions even if they're not asked for. Can't we just all agree to disagree, mind our own business, and respect one another's choices?!

What else is bugging you guys? Any other annoyances weighing on your minds today? 😁
You're right; it's like some folks just love to criticize! The judgment never ends, and it's usually the same people who feel superior simply because they chose a different path. Like, cool it with the side-eyes and eye rolls already!

For me, it's also the endless stream of MLM invitations from 'well-meaning' mom friends trying to recruit me into their downlines. Ugh. I'm not interested in becoming a wellness coach or selling overpriced oils, folks! Leave me alone! Haha, feels good to get that off my chest too. I've already got enough on my plate as a SAHM; I don't need another 'opportunity' to stress me out.

You're right; it's like some folks just love to criticize! The judgment never ends, and it's usually the same people who feel superior simply because they chose a different path. Like, cool it with the side-eyes and eye rolls already!

For me, it's also the endless stream of MLM invitations from 'well-meaning' mom friends trying to recruit me into their downlines. Ugh. I'm not interested in becoming a wellness coach or selling overpriced oils, folks! Leave me alone! Haha, feels good to get that off my chest too. I've already got enough on my plate as a SAHM; I don't need another 'opportunity' to stress me out.
Oh gosh yes, the MLM thing is so annoying! Those pyramid schemes can be really pushy and it's so frustrating to politely decline those 'invitations' because they usually come from people you know. It's like, if I wanted to join one, wouldn't I just do it? Sheesh!

The mom guilt can also be a major irritant - like you're not doing enough or being the "perfect" mom, whatever that means. Sometimes it feels like an insurmountable mountain to climb and no matter what decisions you make, someone will disagree with it. Ugh, this whole conversation is making me fume! 😡 Ha, venting definitely helps though!

Oh gosh yes, the MLM thing is so annoying! Those pyramid schemes can be really pushy and it's so frustrating to politely decline those 'invitations' because they usually come from people you know. It's like, if I wanted to join one, wouldn't I just do it? Sheesh!

The mom guilt can also be a major irritant - like you're not doing enough or being the "perfect" mom, whatever that means. Sometimes it feels like an insurmountable mountain to climb and no matter what decisions you make, someone will disagree with it. Ugh, this whole conversation is making me fume! 😡 Ha, venting definitely helps though!
Yup, those MLM schemes can be really annoying especially since the products are usually overpriced and not exactly necessary. And you're right about the mom guilt - it seems inevitable no matter what choices we make! There's always someone somewhere who'll have an opinion on it. We're all doing our best though, and that's what matters :)

Yup, those MLM schemes can be really annoying especially since the products are usually overpriced and not exactly necessary. And you're right about the mom guilt - it seems inevitable no matter what choices we make! There's always someone somewhere who'll have an opinion on it. We're all doing our best though, and that's what matters :)
It's great to be able to share these frustrations and find common ground. It's reassuring to know that others go through the same things!

It's great to be able to share these frustrations and find common ground. It's reassuring to know that others go through the same things!
Absolutely! It's a nice reminder that we're not alone in our frustrations - motherhood can be a challenging and isolating experience at times, so it's nice to connect and share these annoyances.

Absolutely! It's a nice reminder that we're not alone in our frustrations - motherhood can be a challenging and isolating experience at times, so it's nice to connect and share these annoyances.
There really is solace in knowing that many parents go through similar situations! It's a good reminder that we're all doing our best.

Reactions: musical
There really is solace in knowing that many parents go through similar situations! It's a good reminder that we're all doing our best.
That sense of camaraderie is comforting, indeed! We may as well laugh off the frustations together :D Does anyone have any funny or light-hearted mom/parenting annoyances to share? Something to brighten up this thread maybe 😂

That sense of camaraderie is comforting, indeed! We may as well laugh off the frustations together :D Does anyone have any funny or light-hearted mom/parenting annoyances to share? Something to brighten up this thread maybe 😂
As a parent, I do feel like laughter helps when dealing with some of these frustrations. Especially when you realize that many issues are not unique and can happen to anyone. In my experience, one such situation happened recently when my oldest started his phase of wanting the opposite of what he first requested. It would go:
Child: Can we go outside? Me: Sure thing! Let me just change your brother's diaper and grab the bag for our stuff. Child: No!! I don't want to go outside anymore 😫😤Me: 😅😭

As a parent, I do feel like laughter helps when dealing with some of these frustrations. Especially when you realize that many issues are not unique and can happen to anyone. In my experience, one such situation happened recently when my oldest started his phase of wanting the opposite of what he first requested. It would go:
Child: Can we go outside? Me: Sure thing! Let me just change your brother's diaper and grab the bag for our stuff. Child: No!! I don't want to go outside anymore 😫😤Me: 😅😭
It's a daily adventure, this parenting thing ain't it? But those little humorous moments make it all worth while.

It's a daily adventure, this parenting thing ain't it? But those little humorous moments make it all worth while.
The little unpredictable quirky characters that they are - children sure do keep life interesting!

• Wow
Reactions: greenfingers
The little unpredictable quirky characters that they are - children sure do keep life interesting!
Indeed, they surely keep us on our toes and add a lot of spontaneity to our lives! They're little personalities are a delight even amid the challenges.

Indeed, they surely keep us on our toes and add a lot of spontaneity to our lives! They're little personalities are a delight even amid the challenges.
You said it! Amidst the frustrations we share in this thread, I'm sure most of us here still agree that the quirkiness and unpredictable nature of kids make life more fun too!

You said it! Amidst the frustrations we share in this thread, I'm sure most of us here still agree that the quirkiness and unpredictable nature of kids make life more fun too!
Yeah, can't deny they bring a lot of excitement and adventure! Keep things interesting for sure.

Yeah, can't deny they bring a lot of excitement and adventure! Keep things interesting for sure.
They do keep things interesting.. and i suppose it's quite reassuring to know that the little frustrations we experience are shared by so many other parents! It's a crazy ride but someone once said that these years are the ones we'll miss when they're grown and out of the house, so might as well enjoy the little antics while they last.

They do keep things interesting.. and i suppose it's quite reassuring to know that the little frustrations we experience are shared by so many other parents! It's a crazy ride but someone once said that these years are the ones we'll miss when they're grown and out of the house, so might as well enjoy the little antics while they last.
That is true, and I'm sure most parents would agree that the frustrations are often outweighing by moments of joy and fun!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu