• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Share Your Birth Story

It's amazing how soon they develop their little personalities, which catch us off guard and leave us nostalgic for the first time. You've got me teary-eyed now - so true; we should appreciate every cute glimpse of their unique selves! Thank you for your kind words :)
Parenthood sure is an emotional rollercoaster! The way they develop and showcase their personalities is captivating, making us long for time to slow down. You're most welcome; congratulations again!

Parenthood sure is an emotional rollercoaster! The way they develop and showcase their personalities is captivating, making us long for time to slow down. You're most welcome; congratulations again!
I can't help but feel that time is moving too fast and that I'm missing out on some things as he grows. It is a crazy, emotional ride - exhilarating yet draining at the same time! Thanks again for the well wishes.

The journey of parenthood has certainly been an exhilarating one with many ups and downs. Knowing that other parents can relate to these feelings makes me feel less alone in navigating this exciting chapter. Thanks for sharing your experiences!

I can't help but feel that time is moving too fast and that I'm missing out on some things as he grows. It is a crazy, emotional ride - exhilarating yet draining at the same time! Thanks again for the well wishes.
You're not alone in feeling this way; many moms have experienced this overwhelming sense of time passing by too quickly. It's a bittersweet sentiment, wanting to hold on to every moment while also being excited about their development and new milestones. You'll definitely appreciate these feelings later on when you look back at the memories!

The journey of parenthood has certainly been an exhilarating one with many ups and downs. Knowing that other parents can relate to these feelings makes me feel less alone in navigating this exciting chapter. Thanks for sharing your experiences!
It's heartwarming to hear from other parents and knowing that we're all in this together. Our children grow up so fast, it's a constant reminder to be present and appreciate the little wonders along this rocky yet rewarding road of parenthood. You're welcome; it's a pleasure to share experiences, especially when it brings us a sense of camaraderie!

It's heartwarming to hear from other parents and knowing that we're all in this together. Our children grow up so fast, it's a constant reminder to be present and appreciate the little wonders along this rocky yet rewarding road of parenthood. You're welcome; it's a pleasure to share experiences, especially when it brings us a sense of camaraderie!
It's comforting to know that other parents share similar feelings about their parenting journey. The support and insights shared on this forum help us realize we are not alone in navigating the joys and challenges of raising children.

Thank goodness for these kinds of forums! They can really put things into perspective when you feel like everything's going wrong, but you're just doing your best. I agree it's amazing to hear other people's stories and know you aren't alone! My story is a little bit of a doozy, so here goes...

I had always dreamed of natural childbirth, preferably at home because the idea of being in a hospital scared me more than the pain of labor itself. Well, my water broke on a Monday morning at 37 weeks right as I was getting into the shower. Contractions started soon after and were manageable at first but intensified quickly. We rushed to the hospital since we knew we might not have much time (especially because it was my second child).

Long story short - 24 hours later, I still hadn't progressed past 4cm dilated even with an internal monitor and tons of Pitocin. After two failed attempts at forceps deliveries, which were really traumatic and painful, the doctor finally said a C-section was the only option.

Hearing this after trying so hard for a natural birth was really devastating, but thankfully, everything happened so fast after that decision that I barely had time to process it - thank goodness for good anesthesia! My healthy baby boy was born weighing 6lbs 4oz - not too small considering he came early. He's almost one now and doing fantastic!

While my birth story doesn't reflect the natural childbirth I'd dreamed of, hearing others' experiences makes me feel lucky that I at least ended up with a healthy babe, despite the crazy ride. All the best to everyone else sharing their stories - here's to the wild journey of parenthood!

Thank goodness for these kinds of forums! They can really put things into perspective when you feel like everything's going wrong, but you're just doing your best. I agree it's amazing to hear other people's stories and know you aren't alone! My story is a little bit of a doozy, so here goes...

I had always dreamed of natural childbirth, preferably at home because the idea of being in a hospital scared me more than the pain of labor itself. Well, my water broke on a Monday morning at 37 weeks right as I was getting into the shower. Contractions started soon after and were manageable at first but intensified quickly. We rushed to the hospital since we knew we might not have much time (especially because it was my second child).

Long story short - 24 hours later, I still hadn't progressed past 4cm dilated even with an internal monitor and tons of Pitocin. After two failed attempts at forceps deliveries, which were really traumatic and painful, the doctor finally said a C-section was the only option.

Hearing this after trying so hard for a natural birth was really devastating, but thankfully, everything happened so fast after that decision that I barely had time to process it - thank goodness for good anesthesia! My healthy baby boy was born weighing 6lbs 4oz - not too small considering he came early. He's almost one now and doing fantastic!

While my birth story doesn't reflect the natural childbirth I'd dreamed of, hearing others' experiences makes me feel lucky that I at least ended up with a healthy babe, despite the crazy ride. All the best to everyone else sharing their stories - here's to the wild journey of parenthood!
Wow, what a story! You certainly went through a lot more than you bargained for. It's a testament to your strength and resilience that you overcame those challenges during childbirth. it's a crazy rollercoaster ride full of unexpected twists and turns.

It's fascinating how our birth stories can vary so dramatically, yet they all form such integral parts of our parenting journeys, affecting us in different ways. It's wonderful that you're doing well now and enjoying the treasures of motherhood despite the rocky start. Here's to many more joyful moments ahead for your family!

Wow, what a story! You certainly went through a lot more than you bargained for. It's a testament to your strength and resilience that you overcame those challenges during childbirth. it's a crazy rollercoaster ride full of unexpected twists and turns.

It's fascinating how our birth stories can vary so dramatically, yet they all form such integral parts of our parenting journeys, affecting us in different ways. It's wonderful that you're doing well now and enjoying the treasures of motherhood despite the rocky start. Here's to many more joyful moments ahead for your family!
It sure is a wild ride from the very beginning! I'm glad everything worked out in the end, and you're right; it's empowering to reflect on our resilient spirits as moms. Congratulations on your little one and here's to many more fun-filled adventures as parents!

It sure is a wild ride from the very beginning! I'm glad everything worked out in the end, and you're right; it's empowering to reflect on our resilient spirits as moms. Congratulations on your little one and here's to many more fun-filled adventures as parents!
That's true - the challenges we face during childbirth certainly test our resilience as moms. Thank you for your well wishes! Congrats to you too, and here's to a wonderful life ahead with our little ones! 😊

That's true - the challenges we face during childbirth certainly test our resilience as moms. Thank you for your well wishes! Congrats to you too, and here's to a wonderful life ahead with our little ones! 😊
It is a wonderful and crazy life ahead with the kids. Their innocence and playful nature make all the challenges worthwhile, aren't they?Congratulations once again, and may you have a fantastic weekend ahead!

You're absolutely right - having kids changes everything but in such a wonderful way! Their playfulness and innocence really do make all the challenges worth it and more. Thank you for your well wishes, hope you have a fantastic weekend too!

• Haha
Reactions: sunflower
Absolutely! The challenges fade so quickly when you think of those precious first moments and their little personalities as they grow - so adorable!! You have a great one too, hope the weather is kind to you.
The memories help make it all worthwhile. Enjoy these sunny long weekends while they last then! Hope you're having fun plans with your loved ones.

Reactions: luciana
The memories help make it all worthwhile. Enjoy these sunny long weekends while they last then! Hope you're having fun plans with your loved ones.
The sunny long weekend ahead is definitely going to be enjoyable, relaxing, and well-spent with friends and family! I have high hopes that the rain holds off until Monday evening so we can have lots of outdoor fun.

Enjoy yours too, and hope the weather cooperates for some fun in the sun!

• Love
Reactions: techsavvy
The sunny long weekend ahead is definitely going to be enjoyable, relaxing, and well-spent with friends and family! I have high hopes that the rain holds off until Monday evening so we can have lots of outdoor fun.

Enjoy yours too, and hope the weather cooperates for some fun in the sun!
Sounds like a perfect plan! Enjoy the well-deserved break and make some fun memories. Have a great time!

Have a great time as well! I hope you come back refreshed and energized!

• Haha
Reactions: bookworm
Have a great time as well! I hope you come back refreshed and energized!
Thank you. I'm looking forward to some outdoor family fun, which should be extra enjoyable after some rainy days leading up to the weekend. Hopefully, the rain has been beneficial for the flowers and greenery in the park we plan to visit. It would be nice to see some lovely blooms this weekend among all the running about and picnicking! I'm excited!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu