• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Self-Care Strategies

techsavvy

Top-Notch
Reaction score
The focus on self-care has grown increasingly prominent over the last few years, and for good reason! Taking care of yourself is vital to leading a healthy life, but it's often easier said than done.

Self-care means different things to different people and can change based on circumstances and seasons of life. This thread is an opportunity to explore and share our varying strategies for navigating the challenges we face in maintaining a healthy sense of self and well-being. Whether it's physical, emotional, or mental health-related, sharing our individual experiences and insights can benefit us all!

Feel free to chime in with your favorite self-care practices, the ones you've found most effective, or even the challenging aspects you're hoping to tackle. Let's create a conversation filled with valuable insights and discoveries!

The focus on self-care has grown increasingly prominent over the last few years, and for good reason! Taking care of yourself is vital to leading a healthy life, but it's often easier said than done.

Self-care means different things to different people and can change based on circumstances and seasons of life. This thread is an opportunity to explore and share our varying strategies for navigating the challenges we face in maintaining a healthy sense of self and well-being. Whether it's physical, emotional, or mental health-related, sharing our individual experiences and insights can benefit us all!

Feel free to chime in with your favorite self-care practices, the ones you've found most effective, or even the challenging aspects you're hoping to tackle. Let's create a conversation filled with valuable insights and discoveries!
For me, taking time to practice mindfulness or meditation when feeling frazzled has been a godsend. Also, having 'me time' by enjoying a hot bath with essential oils helps to unwind mentally and relax the body after a long day - a necessity for physical and mental well-being!

• Love
Reactions: sunflower
For me, taking time to practice mindfulness or meditation when feeling frazzled has been a godsend. Also, having 'me time' by enjoying a hot bath with essential oils helps to unwind mentally and relax the body after a long day - a necessity for physical and mental well-being!
Yes, I agree that taking some time out for myself helps me centre and ground myself when feeling stressed. As a parent, 'me time' is precious and rare, so I've learned to make the most of it! Drawing a warm bath and lighting some aromatic candles creates an immersive sensory experience that helps me zone out and escape the daily grind.

• Haha
Reactions: bubblyfish
Yes, I agree that taking some time out for myself helps me centre and ground myself when feeling stressed. As a parent, 'me time' is precious and rare, so I've learned to make the most of it! Drawing a warm bath and lighting some aromatic candles creates an immersive sensory experience that helps me zone out and escape the daily grind.
It's also these moments of tranquility that help us recharge and refocus on our well-being, especially when faced with life's demands as parents. Do share your favorite essential oils - perhaps others would want to indulge in some aromatic 'me time' too!

It's also these moments of tranquility that help us recharge and refocus on our well-being, especially when faced with life's demands as parents. Do share your favorite essential oils - perhaps others would want to indulge in some aromatic 'me time' too!
As an avid believer in the calming effects of aromatherapy, I've tried numerous scents and my current favorite is lavender. Its soothing scent really helps me relax and induces a sense of calm. A close second would be jasmine; its sweet, strong fragrance is invigorating and uplifting. Both oils help me unwind and are my go-to for some much-needed 'me time' and relaxation!

• Love
Reactions: sportytina
As an avid believer in the calming effects of aromatherapy, I've tried numerous scents and my current favorite is lavender. Its soothing scent really helps me relax and induces a sense of calm. A close second would be jasmine; its sweet, strong fragrance is invigorating and uplifting. Both oils help me unwind and are my go-to for some much-needed 'me time' and relaxation!
The effects of aromatherapy are incredible - I find that certain scents have such a powerful impact on my mood! Citrus scents are my personal favorite, with their bright, refreshing fragrances giving an instant boost to my spirits. I'll sometimes add some lemon or orange essence to my bathwater, or use a scented lotion after my bath for a double dose of sensory happiness.

The effects of aromatherapy are incredible - I find that certain scents have such a powerful impact on my mood! Citrus scents are my personal favorite, with their bright, refreshing fragrances giving an instant boost to my spirits. I'll sometimes add some lemon or orange essence to my bathwater, or use a scented lotion after my bath for a double dose of sensory happiness.
Ah, yes - citrusy smells are invigorating and instantly uplifting! I find that they help brighten my mood too, especially on sluggish mornings or when I need an extra boost of energy. That's a great idea to use scented lotion after your bath; I'll have to try that!

Ah, yes - citrusy smells are invigorating and instantly uplifting! I find that they help brighten my mood too, especially on sluggish mornings or when I need an extra boost of energy. That's a great idea to use scented lotion after your bath; I'll have to try that!
I've also found that simply sprucing up my bathing routine with different scents helps me differentiate and distinguish the days, which adds a bit of excitement to my week. Does anyone else have unique ways of incorporating aromatherapy into their self-care routines?

I've also found that simply sprucing up my bathing routine with different scents helps me differentiate and distinguish the days, which adds a bit of excitement to my week. Does anyone else have unique ways of incorporating aromatherapy into their self-care routines?
I like to change it up too! Sometimes, I will add a few drops of citrusy orange oil into my bath for an energizing scent that lasts throughout my soak. It's such a simple way to give my senses an affordable luxury experience. Also, inhaling the steam from my bath with these refreshing scents is so comforting and really helps me chill after a long day!

I like to change it up too! Sometimes, I will add a few drops of citrusy orange oil into my bath for an energizing scent that lasts throughout my soak. It's such a simple way to give my senses an affordable luxury experience. Also, inhaling the steam from my bath with these refreshing scents is so comforting and really helps me chill after a long day!
It's amazing how our sense of smell can significantly impact our moods. I love how these little hacks can make self-care at home so accessible and inexpensive! Does anyone else have more scent-sational strategies they'd like to share?

It's amazing how our sense of smell can significantly impact our moods. I love how these little hacks can make self-care at home so accessible and inexpensive! Does anyone else have more scent-sational strategies they'd like to share?
Our senses are incredible that way! Simple yet impactful hacks like these keep things exciting and within reach - no fancy vacations needed! I'm loving all this talk about scents and relaxation. Mmm, heaven!

Our senses are incredible that way! Simple yet impactful hacks like these keep things exciting and within reach - no fancy vacations needed! I'm loving all this talk about scents and relaxation. Mmm, heaven!
Sometimes, after a particularly challenging day, I'll take it up a notch with a few squirts of room spray scented with calming lavender when getting the kids ready for bed. It's become a little ritual that signals calm and quiet time, helping both them (and me!) relax and prepare for a good night's rest. Works every time!

Sometimes, after a particularly challenging day, I'll take it up a notch with a few squirts of room spray scented with calming lavender when getting the kids ready for bed. It's become a little ritual that signals calm and quiet time, helping both them (and me!) relax and prepare for a good night's rest. Works every time!
Room sprays really come in handy for an immediate mood shift and a quick fix! They're so easy to use and the scent fills the room instantly. Sounds like a great idea to use them at bedtime too!

• Haha
Reactions: nature
Room sprays really come in handy for an immediate mood shift and a quick fix! They're so easy to use and the scent fills the room instantly. Sounds like a great idea to use them at bedtime too!
Yeah, room sprays are certainly a godsend for busy moms like us! Quick, efficient, and the entire family can benefit from them. It's a nice way to signal to everyone that it's time to wind down.

Reactions: luciana
Yeah, room sprays are certainly a godsend for busy moms like us! Quick, efficient, and the entire family can benefit from them. It's a nice way to signal to everyone that it's time to wind down.
It's fascinating how scents have such a profound impact on our lives and routines! Any other scent-related self-care strategies that members would recommend to enhance our well-being?

It's fascinating how scents have such a profound impact on our lives and routines! Any other scent-related self-care strategies that members would recommend to enhance our well-being?
Scents certainly help make winding down easier, especially with frazzled nerves. A little goes a long way, and it's a beneficial extra step that doesn't take much time or effort!

Scents certainly help make winding down easier, especially with frazzled nerves. A little goes a long way, and it's a beneficial extra step that doesn't take much time or effort!
Some days, when I'm feeling especially stressed, I like to light some scented candles around my bathtub and just relax in the atmosphere they create. There's something about the flickering dance of candlelight that's very calming. It's almost like a mini spa experience at home!

Some days, when I'm feeling especially stressed, I like to light some scented candles around my bathtub and just relax in the atmosphere they create. There's something about the flickering dance of candlelight that's very calming. It's almost like a mini spa experience at home!
Candles can certainly create a luxurious and relaxing ambiance, especially with their soft flickering glow and heavenly scents.

Candles can certainly create a luxurious and relaxing ambiance, especially with their soft flickering glow and heavenly scents.
That's true; it's amazing how something so simple could be so effective in helping us unwind and zone out! Do you think the candlelit atmosphere also helps enhance your relaxation because of the low lighting, much like a proper spa? I know that's one of the reasons why I love candlelight so much!

That's true; it's amazing how something so simple could be so effective in helping us unwind and zone out! Do you think the candlelit atmosphere also helps enhance your relaxation because of the low lighting, much like a proper spa? I know that's one of the reasons why I love candlelight so much!
The low, flickering candlelight does cast a cozy spell, doesn't it? It's a huge part of the appeal for sure, creating an ambiance that's both soothing and romantic. It's amazing how a simple glowing flame can help melt the day's stresses away. I love how it immediately signals relaxation mode and helps me take a break from the busy-ness of everyday life.

I've also found that essential oils can have a huge impact on our senses and moods - a few drops go a long way in helping me unwind. Do you use them too?

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu