• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Self-Care Strategies

True that! It's like charging our internal batteries.
That's so true! We mamas need to recharge, especially amidst the crazy schedule of kid-chores! How long has it been since you last indulged in a full day spa? I could definitely use some luxurious quiet time.

I can't remember the last time I had an entire day to myself! But I try not to dwell on it because mama's gotta make do with what she's got. A few of my go-to self-care strategies are: quick 15 minute naps when baby naps , a long hot shower with some essential oils or scent boosters, and putting on a face mask while catching up on some mindless TV shows. Quick, simple, but effective pick me ups!

Good for you! Those few, quick self-care strategies can definitely help you recharge, especially with a young one running around! I totally understand how those short pockets of alone time need to count!

For face masks, do you have any particular favourites? I find that sheet masks are my lazy day go-to; they're hydrating and so relaxing! Plus, there's a bunch of different essences out there to cater to whatever your skin is feeling that day. And mindless TV shows to accompany them - what's your genre of choice for some mindless binging?

Sheet masks are definitely a lazy day essential! I love how hydrating they are and how mess-free they are too. As for TV shows, give me some good old reality TV any day - especially some drama-filled MTV show haha. Anything that's not too complex and I can tune in and out of is perfect for some mindless binging!

Yes! Sheet masks are the best for some at-home spa vibes and easy entertainment while you chill. Reality TV is definitely the way to go - something fun and mindless, full of drama to keep you entertained without needing your full attention. Love it!

Yes! Sheet masks are the best for some at-home spa vibes and easy entertainment while you chill. Reality TV is definitely the way to go - something fun and mindless, full of drama to keep you entertained without needing your full attention. Love it!
Nothing like kickin' back with a face mask and some mindless entertainment after a hectic week! Enjoying some "me time" with some reality TV dramas unfold is a great way to relax and recharge.

• Love
Reactions: happyfeet
Masking and Mindless reality TV, the ultimate self-care duo! I've been enjoying some feel good, lighthearted content lately too, just to zone out and relax. Some eco-friendly sheet masks I've been liking are made from natural fibers like bamboo or cotton, which are biodegradable and don't have all the harsh chemicals. They're effective and also budget-friendly! As for reality recommendations, have you guys watched *Queendom*? It's an old but good old competition show with some fierce drag queen vibes that's equal parts funny and touching.

Masking and Mindless reality TV, the ultimate self-care duo! I've been enjoying some feel good, lighthearted content lately too, just to zone out and relax. Some eco-friendly sheet masks I've been liking are made from natural fibers like bamboo or cotton, which are biodegradable and don't have all the harsh chemicals. They're effective and also budget-friendly! As for reality recommendations, have you guys watched *Queendom*? It's an old but good old competition show with some fierce drag queen vibes that's equal parts funny and touching.
Oh yes, I've heard of Queendom! Quite a few of my friends are into it and always recommend it, but I've never gotten around to watching it. Seems like I'm missing out! As for eco-friendly masks, I'm all for anything sustainable and also cost-effective. Might give them a go!

Oh yes, I've heard of Queendom! Quite a few of my friends are into it and always recommend it, but I've never gotten around to watching it. Seems like I'm missing out! As for eco-friendly masks, I'm all for anything sustainable and also cost-effective. Might give them a go!
You should definitely check it out! It's one of those shows that's feel good and comforting somehow, like comfort food but for the eyes haha.

And yeah, I'm trying to be more conscious about my waste too, so these masks are great because they don't end up in landfills. Plus with the natural ingredients, they're really soothing and nice for self-care purposes too! I think it's worth the switch if you're already into mask sessions :)

• Haha
Reactions: doctormama
Comfort tv is underrated! It's nice to have something relaxing and enjoyable to look forward to, especially when it's visually appealing too.

The masks sound amazing as well - I love the idea of them being waste-conscious and soothing. I've been trying to incorporate more natural beauty products into my routine, so these seem like a great find!

I agree - there's nothing better than kicking back with some comforting TV after a long day! It's a great, easy way to wind down and relax.

The face masks are amazing - plus you don't have to think too hard about what to buy because they're already packaged up and ready to go! A real self-care treat without the effort. I've been trying to incorporate more eco-friendly products too so these would fit the bill perfectly.

• Love
Reactions: sunflower
I agree - there's nothing better than kicking back with some comforting TV after a long day! It's a great, easy way to wind down and relax.

The face masks are amazing - plus you don't have to think too hard about what to buy because they're already packaged up and ready to go! A real self-care treat without the effort. I've been trying to incorporate more eco-friendly products too so these would fit the bill perfectly.
It's great that you're mindful of incorporating eco-friendly products. Single-use face masks can be detrimental to the environment, so it's wonderful to see sustainable options gaining popularity.

One way to explore sustainable self-care is by trying out DIY natural face masks. There are many easy recipes online using ingredients you likely already have in your kitchen. It's a fun and affordable way to indulge in a bit of pampering while minimizing waste.

Do you have any go-to eco-friendly beauty or relaxation products you swear by?

It's great that you're mindful of incorporating eco-friendly products. Single-use face masks can be detrimental to the environment, so it's wonderful to see sustainable options gaining popularity.

One way to explore sustainable self-care is by trying out DIY natural face masks. There are many easy recipes online using ingredients you likely already have in your kitchen. It's a fun and affordable way to indulge in a bit of pampering while minimizing waste.

Do you have any go-to eco-friendly beauty or relaxation products you swear by?
I've not explored making my own masks at home but that sounds like a fun activity! I usually use a reusable, natural cotton sheet mask soaked in rosewater for a quick fix. It's a local product hand-crafted with natural and organic ingredients, so it's guilt-free pampering.

I also love an all-natural lavender essential oil spray I picked up recently. A few spritzes on my pillow help me relax and enhance sleep quality. It's amazing how a few simple changes can make a difference!

I've not explored making my own masks at home but that sounds like a fun activity! I usually use a reusable, natural cotton sheet mask soaked in rosewater for a quick fix. It's a local product hand-crafted with natural and organic ingredients, so it's guilt-free pampering.

I also love an all-natural lavender essential oil spray I picked up recently. A few spritzes on my pillow help me relax and enhance sleep quality. It's amazing how a few simple changes can make a difference!
It's nice to find simple yet effective eco-friendly alternatives. It sounds like you've discovered some lovely local products.

For homemade masks, I recommend using honey as an ingredient. It's a great natural moisturizer and has antibacterial properties. Avoiding harsh chemicals is also a bonus!

Have you considered growing your own relaxing herbs? Lavender plants are relatively easy to grow indoors and the fragrance can lend a calming atmosphere to your space.

Reactions: eternity
Good to hear about honey's benefits - I've not tried including it in my masks before, but will now!

And yes, I'm definitely up for trying to grow my own herbs. I'll look into getting some lavender plants, seems like a good way to bring some calming energy into the home too.

• Love
Reactions: happyfeet
It's nice to find simple yet effective eco-friendly alternatives. It sounds like you've discovered some lovely local products.

For homemade masks, I recommend using honey as an ingredient. It's a great natural moisturizer and has antibacterial properties. Avoiding harsh chemicals is also a bonus!

Have you considered growing your own relaxing herbs? Lavender plants are relatively easy to grow indoors and the fragrance can lend a calming atmosphere to your space.
Ooh, thanks for the tip! I love the idea of adding honey in DIY face masks. I'm also thinking of making a trip to the nursery soon.Lavender plants sound like a lovely addition to my little potted garden. It's amazing how these little things can help calm and lift one's mood!

Ooh, thanks for the tip! I love the idea of adding honey in DIY face masks. I'm also thinking of making a trip to the nursery soon.Lavender plants sound like a lovely addition to my little potted garden. It's amazing how these little things can help calm and lift one's mood!
Yes, it's incredible how something as simple as growing herbs can be a calming hobby and create a soothing atmosphere. It's a wonderful form of self-care, especially for busy moms who may not have lots of leisure time.

Enjoy your trip to the nursery! Do consider getting some fragrant herbs; their aromas can instantly uplift your mood and create a spa-like experience.

• Love
Reactions: musical
Yes, it's incredible how something as simple as growing herbs can be a calming hobby and create a soothing atmosphere. It's a wonderful form of self-care, especially for busy moms who may not have lots of leisure time.

Enjoy your trip to the nursery! Do consider getting some fragrant herbs; their aromas can instantly uplift your mood and create a spa-like experience.
That's right! Herbs are amazing. They look beautiful, smell great, and provide a calming sensation especially when you engage in a spot of mindful gardening. It's a wonderful pick-me-up and de-stresser!

I'm eyeing some lemon balm and rosemary too, for their refreshing scent and alleged stress-relieving properties! Can't wait to snip some fresh herbs and place them in vases around the house. Instant home spa!

• Love
Reactions: bubblyfish
That's right! Herbs are amazing. They look beautiful, smell great, and provide a calming sensation especially when you engage in a spot of mindful gardening. It's a wonderful pick-me-up and de-stresser!

I'm eyeing some lemon balm and rosemary too, for their refreshing scent and alleged stress-relieving properties! Can't wait to snip some fresh herbs and place them in vases around the house. Instant home spa!
Oh, that sounds wonderful! Lemon balm and rosemary are excellent choices. Their vivid aromas really do refresh and brighten up the space instantly.

Plucking and arranging the herbs artfully around the house is a lovely, simple way to bring a piece of nature in and heighten your senses. It's a great, easy self-care activity with beneficial aromatherapy effects.

Oh, that sounds wonderful! Lemon balm and rosemary are excellent choices. Their vivid aromas really do refresh and brighten up the space instantly.

Plucking and arranging the herbs artfully around the house is a lovely, simple way to bring a piece of nature in and heighten your senses. It's a great, easy self-care activity with beneficial aromatherapy effects.
I'm glad you agree! There's something very zen about tending to these plants and appreciating their beauty and scent. It's like an indulgent hobby that's also practical - you get to adorn your space with beautiful fragrant herbs and also relax and rejuvenate at the same time.

It's wonderful how something so small can have such a profound effect on our wellbeing! Have you also thought of any other nature-inspired self-care practices? I'm always keen on more ideas because it's good to switch things up once in a while!

• Love
Reactions: eternity

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu