• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Self-Care Strategies

Ya, not too shabby to spruce things up every once in a while! Gives me an excuse to head down to the nail salon.
There's nothing wrong with a little self-indulgence and a mani-pedi session sounds like the perfect form of self-care, especially if it's been a while. Enjoy your me-time, you deserve it!

• Love
Reactions: eternity and cissy
Thank you so much - I've been feeling like my nails could use some TLC and a fresh coat of paint recently, might as well indulge and get a full mani-pedi! I'm thinking a nice soft pink colour or perhaps a bright red for summer... That's such a lovely idea to treat myself to some much-needed nail care and 'me' time. It's these little treats that can make the biggest difference in our moods, isn't it? Enjoy your pampering session too and hope you're feeling rejuvenated after!

There's nothing wrong with a little self-indulgence and a mani-pedi session sounds like the perfect form of self-care, especially if it's been a while. Enjoy your me-time, you deserve it!
Thanks, will sure enjoy my time doing whatever I fancy! Been quite some time since I last had the luxury of alone-time. Hope the kids are doing well with their grandma though.

• Love
Reactions: musical and mamamia
Thank you so much - I've been feeling like my nails could use some TLC and a fresh coat of paint recently, might as well indulge and get a full mani-pedi! I'm thinking a nice soft pink colour or perhaps a bright red for summer... That's such a lovely idea to treat myself to some much-needed nail care and 'me' time. It's these little treats that can make the biggest difference in our moods, isn't it? Enjoy your pampering session too and hope you're feeling rejuvenated after!
I agree! Sometimes, a simple nail makeover can brighten up one's mood; a well-deserved treat for busy moms like us! I'd go for a classic red shade myself - a timeless and elegant choice that's never fails to uplift the spirits.
Have a wonderful afternoon at the salon!

I couldn't agree more! Sometimes the simplest things like a mani-pedi can lift our spirits and give us that extra glow. I'm due for some 'me' time too; my schedule has been packed lately. Seeing nail appointments fill up fast, I better grab a slot soon!

• Haha
Reactions: luciana
Thanks, will sure enjoy my time doing whatever I fancy! Been quite some time since I last had the luxury of alone-time. Hope the kids are doing well with their grandma though.
You've earned this "me time" and it's great that the kids are being looked after by their grandma while you take some time for yourself. It's a win-win situation! Have fun pampering yourself!

I agree! Sometimes, a simple nail makeover can brighten up one's mood; a well-deserved treat for busy moms like us! I'd go for a classic red shade myself - a timeless and elegant choice that's never fails to uplift the spirits.
Have a wonderful afternoon at the salon!
I've been thinking of getting a fresh new haircut too, something fun and different! It's exciting to change things up every once in a while and try something new - it adds a spring in my step. Have a fantastic time at the salon and hope you're loving your new nails!

Thanks so much! I'm definitely due for some fun and excitement, and nothing boosts my mood like getting my hair done. Just thinking about all the styling options gets me giddy. Enjoy the thread - can't wait to hear everyone's suggestions!

I've been thinking of getting a fresh new haircut too, something fun and different! It's exciting to change things up every once in a while and try something new - it adds a spring in my step. Have a fantastic time at the salon and hope you're loving your new nails!
That's awesome! I feel like a hair cut can really complete a fun and fresh new look and is an easy way to de-clutter and restart, almost like a symbolic gesture. Have a great time picking out your new style and enjoy the pampering!

Reactions: greenfingers
That's awesome! I feel like a hair cut can really complete a fun and fresh new look and is an easy way to de-clutter and restart, almost like a symbolic gesture. Have a great time picking out your new style and enjoy the pampering!
It sure feels good to refresh and rejuvenate with a new hairstyle! It's like hitting the reset button and can be quite empowering. I'm more cautious nowadays as a mom, though. I used to cut and dye my hair frequently but now, I'm considering a more long-term style and color that's low-maintenance too so I have one less thing to worry about. Hope you enjoyed your time at the salon!

As a mom, it's so easy to get wrapped up in taking care of everyone else that we forget the importance of carving out some 'me' time and focusing on our own refresh strategies. I totally hear you on going for a more long-term, low-maintenance hair strategy - it's like having a secret weapon to simplify your routine and save some precious time!

It's also exciting to switch things up sometimes and try a new style or colour. That post-salon feeling is the best!

Reactions: happyfeet
I agree! I've started booking salon appointments as a way to de-stress and have some time for myself. A little 'me' time every once in a while helps me feel rejuvenated and gives me some much-needed relaxation. Plus, it's an added bonus when people complement my new look. It's like a confidence boost! I'm due for a visit soon - thinking of trying out a new style too, maybe some bangs?

That's fantastic! Sometimes, a change in appearance can bring a refreshing feeling and a little adventure never hurt anybody. Go for it and rock those bangs!

It's amazing how taking some time to care for ourselves can have such a positive impact on our mental health and confidence. It's a win-win situation when you come out looking and feeling great. Enjoy your salon visit and indulge in that well-deserved 'me' time!

That's fantastic! Sometimes, a change in appearance can bring a refreshing feeling and a little adventure never hurt anybody. Go for it and rock those bangs!

It's amazing how taking some time to care for ourselves can have such a positive impact on our mental health and confidence. It's a win-win situation when you come out looking and feeling great. Enjoy your salon visit and indulge in that well-deserved 'me' time!
Yeah, a little salon therapy goes a long way! And I think it's especially deserving after being cooped up at home with the kids while schooling from home during the pandemic days - time to treat myself!

Taking care of oneself is therapeutic and confidence boosting, so enjoy your salon therapy session and your new look. Hope it turns out just the way you envision it to be!

Taking care of ourselves is a great pick-me-up and a fantastic way to boost our mood! Salon time is a perfect excuse to sit back, relax, and rejuvenate.

Yeah, a little salon therapy goes a long way! And I think it's especially deserving after being cooped up at home with the kids while schooling from home during the pandemic days - time to treat myself!
Oh yes, I completely agree! Salon therapy is an excellent form of self-care, and it's wonderful how it can brighten your mood and lift your spirits! Enjoy your well-earned treat; you deserve it!

• Love
Reactions: chickadee
Taking care of ourselves is a great pick-me-up and a fantastic way to boost our mood! Salon time is a perfect excuse to sit back, relax, and rejuvenate.
I could not have said it better myself! It's incredible how treating ourselves to some self-care can instantly lift our spirits and bring a smile to our faces. Soaking up some luxury and relaxation while being waited on hand and foot at salons is a perfect way to unwind and press the reset button.

• Love
Reactions: sunnydays and koala
I could not have said it better myself! It's incredible how treating ourselves to some self-care can instantly lift our spirits and bring a smile to our faces. Soaking up some luxury and relaxation while being waited on hand and foot at salons is a perfect way to unwind and press the reset button.
some pampering and indulgence every once in a while keeps us grounded and energized to take on the world. Salons sure know how to work their magic!

some pampering and indulgence every once in a while keeps us grounded and energized to take on the world. Salons sure know how to work their magic!
True that! It's like charging our internal batteries.

• Love
Reactions: greenfingers

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu