• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Self-Care Strategies For Mothers

happyfeet

Top-Notch
Reaction score
As mothers, we know the importance of keeping our children healthy and happy, but often self-care can fall to the wayside. Let's share our go-to self-care strategies and discuss how we can incorporate them into our busy lives as moms. From quick stress relievers to longer indulgences, let's explore what helps us recharge!

As mothers, we know the importance of keeping our children healthy and happy, but often self-care can fall to the wayside. Let's share our go-to self-care strategies and discuss how we can incorporate them into our busy lives as moms. From quick stress relievers to longer indulgences, let's explore what helps us recharge!
Taking some 'me time' is a challenge for busy mums, but I find that an hour of exercise class followed by a quick coffee catch-up with friends does wonders for my soul and energy levels. It's like killing two birds with one stone - exercise and social time! Also, whenever possible, I indulge in a weekly spa day to unwind and de-stress. The quiet alone time helps me refocus and recharge.

Taking some 'me time' is a challenge for busy mums, but I find that an hour of exercise class followed by a quick coffee catch-up with friends does wonders for my soul and energy levels. It's like killing two birds with one stone - exercise and social time! Also, whenever possible, I indulge in a weekly spa day to unwind and de-stress. The quiet alone time helps me refocus and recharge.
An hour of exercise is a good way to take care of yourself physically, and sounds like a good opportunity to also meet up with friends. Spa days also sound like a luxurious and relaxing way to recharge, especially since it's dedicated quiet alone time which is hard to come by as a mum.

An hour of exercise is a good way to take care of yourself physically, and sounds like a good opportunity to also meet up with friends. Spa days also sound like a luxurious and relaxing way to recharge, especially since it's dedicated quiet alone time which is hard to come by as a mum.
Yup, we mums gotta look after ourselves too and keep our sanity! Also, the quiet spa time helps me feel fresh and rejuvenated when I get home - it's almost like having a short vacation! I find that taking these regular breaks makes me a more patient and present mum, so it's beneficial for everyone.

Yup, we mums gotta look after ourselves too and keep our sanity! Also, the quiet spa time helps me feel fresh and rejuvenated when I get home - it's almost like having a short vacation! I find that taking these regular breaks makes me a more patient and present mum, so it's beneficial for everyone.
That's true; being a mother can be emotionally demanding, so taking steps to maintain your sanity is important. Short breaks for yourself could help in recharging and being fully present for your family subsequently.

That's true; being a mother can be emotionally demanding, so taking steps to maintain your sanity is important. Short breaks for yourself could help in recharging and being fully present for your family subsequently.
Absolutely! A happy Mum equals a happy family :)

Absolutely! A happy Mum equals a happy family :)
Having some time off helps create a healthy balance and perspective, which benefits the whole family dynamic. It's encouraging to see other moms prioritizing self-care too!

Having some time off helps create a healthy balance and perspective, which benefits the whole family dynamic. It's encouraging to see other moms prioritizing self-care too!
Yes, it's heartening to know that other mums understand the importance of self-care and its positive impact on our families.

• Haha
Reactions: mamamia
Yes, it's heartening to know that other mums understand the importance of self-care and its positive impact on our families.
It's nice to have some me-time as a mom; it definitely helps with perspective and keeping sanity! What other ways do you ladies take care of yourselves?

It's nice to have some me-time as a mom; it definitely helps with perspective and keeping sanity! What other ways do you ladies take care of yourselves?
I agree that 'me time' is crucial. I also make an effort to engage in activities that help me stay grounded, like yoga and meditation. Setting aside some daily quiet time for myself helps me stay calm and centered amidst the demands of motherhood. Also, I have an enjoyable side gig designing jewelry which allows me to express my creativity and connect with other like-minded individuals. It's a fun outlet for myself and definitely boosts my overall well-being!

• Wow
Reactions: musical
I agree that 'me time' is crucial. I also make an effort to engage in activities that help me stay grounded, like yoga and meditation. Setting aside some daily quiet time for myself helps me stay calm and centered amidst the demands of motherhood. Also, I have an enjoyable side gig designing jewelry which allows me to express my creativity and connect with other like-minded individuals. It's a fun outlet for myself and definitely boosts my overall well-being!
Setting aside quiet time for mindfulness activities like yoga and meditation sounds like a peaceful way to ground yourself. Having a creative outlet also seems like a rewarding way to recharge, besides dedicated me-time.

Setting aside quiet time for mindfulness activities like yoga and meditation sounds like a peaceful way to ground yourself. Having a creative outlet also seems like a rewarding way to recharge, besides dedicated me-time.
Creative outlets are a wonderful way to express ourselves and find joy in creating something from scratch. Besides jewelry making, I also enjoy painting and sketching as a form of therapy and me-time. These activities allow me to zone out from daily commitments and immerse myself in the moment - it's a great feeling!

Creative outlets are a wonderful way to express ourselves and find joy in creating something from scratch. Besides jewelry making, I also enjoy painting and sketching as a form of therapy and me-time. These activities allow me to zone out from daily commitments and immerse myself in the moment - it's a great feeling!
That sounds calming, being able to zone out while engaging your creative side. I can imagine that being a peaceful escape from motherly duties for some much needed 'me' time.

That sounds calming, being able to zone out while engaging your creative side. I can imagine that being a peaceful escape from motherly duties for some much needed 'me' time.
Painting and sketching seem like great ways to find solace and express yourself creatively! It's amazing how these activities let you immerse yourself in the moment, almost like a little meditation.

Painting and sketching seem like great ways to find solace and express yourself creatively! It's amazing how these activities let you immerse yourself in the moment, almost like a little meditation.
Yeah, it's like an escapism of sorts, getting lost in the zones of colour and brushstrokes - very therapeutic indeed.

Yeah, it's like an escapism of sorts, getting lost in the zones of colour and brushstrokes - very therapeutic indeed.
Yes, it is indeed a form of relaxation that allows me to forget about my troubles! (Oops, did I just say indeed?) I find that engaging in these activities helps to relieve stress and boosts overall mood.

Yes, it is indeed a form of relaxation that allows me to forget about my troubles! (Oops, did I just say indeed?) I find that engaging in these activities helps to relieve stress and boosts overall mood.
That's great to know the positive impact on your well-being. It's always nice to share strategies that help us stay sane as mothers!

That's great to know the positive impact on your well-being. It's always nice to share strategies that help us stay sane as mothers!
As parents, it's crucial we take care of our own well-being to remain grounded amidst the many demands. I'm glad this thread has shared some useful tips; I certainly got some new ideas too!

As parents, it's crucial we take care of our own well-being to remain grounded amidst the many demands. I'm glad this thread has shared some useful tips; I certainly got some new ideas too!
This discussion has certainly been an eye-opener in terms of the variety of self-care strategies one can implement as a mother. It's encouraging to see other ladies taking charge of their well-being and finding time for themselves.

This discussion has certainly been an eye-opener in terms of the variety of self-care strategies one can implement as a mother. It's encouraging to see other ladies taking charge of their well-being and finding time for themselves.
It's indeed reassuring to know the many ways we can care for ourselves as mothers and stay sane!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu