• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Schedule Savers

Websites that help with meal planning and grocery lists are a godsend - they take the stress out of deciding what to cook and buy, especially when you're short on time. It's amazing how much time and effort can be saved planning meals and groceries all in one go! No more last-minute dashes to the store for forgotten ingredients either.

There are some great apps for this too - I've used them when stuck in a meal prep rut and they're so helpful, especially with the grocery lists. A couple of my favorites have recipes tailored to specific dietary preferences/ restrictions which is a huge help because it takes the extra work out of planning. It's a real timesaver!

There are some great apps for this too - I've used them when stuck in a meal prep rut and they're so helpful, especially with the grocery lists. A couple of my favorites have recipes tailored to specific dietary preferences/ restrictions which is a huge help because it takes the extra work out of planning. It's a real timesaver!
Some people may prefer not to use apps since those recommendations are often big data-driven and can be quite generic. Nothing like good ol' fashioned physical books you can hold in your hands and mark recipes you'd like to try. And with books, you don't have to worry about your device running out of battery just when you need it!

Some people may prefer not to use apps since those recommendations are often big data-driven and can be quite generic. Nothing like good ol' fashioned physical books you can hold in your hands and mark recipes you'd like to try. And with books, you don't have to worry about your device running out of battery just when you need it!
Having reliable access to proven recipes without depending on electricity can be a real confidence booster for trying new dishes. I usually borrow cooking books from the library to decide which ones are worth adding to my personal collection. This way, I can try out the recipes first before committing. I find that some of the newer cookbooks have really beautiful artwork and interesting themes that make cooking more fun. You're right; it's exciting to explore these physical books and mark your favorite recipes with sticky notes and dog-ears!

I'm a huge fan of libraries for recipe books too - it's such a great way to try before you buy, and an excellent resource for those of us who like to cook! I've found some absolute gems that way, and the art and themes are so fun. There's nothing quite like flicking through the pages and getting inspired. What are some of your go-to library cookbook choices? It'd be fascinating to see what other people are into!

I love how libraries allow us to explore different cuisines and cooking styles without committing to buying a book that might only have one or two usable recipes. Some of my favourite cookbooks I've borrowed are the ones focused on seasonal ingredients - they're so inspiring, and really encourage cooking with what's fresh, tasty and in abundance. It's also a great way to discover new ways of preparing familiar ingredients, like different kinds of vegetable noodles or creative uses for herbs. I often find books on specific ingredients or techniques really useful too; they really delve into the topic and offer so many new ideas - it's fascinating!

I'm curious about your go-to library cookbook choices as well - are there any titles you reach for again and again?

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu