• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Schedule Savers

I know right? Having a dedicated space for all that gardening paraphernalia is a satisfyingly aesthetic pleasure and a rare luxury! It's like giving those tools a little haven of their own and also saves the hassle of rummaging through clutter when you need them. You've gotta love some order amidst the lush green chaos that gardening often brings.
That's so true! A place for everything and everything in its place, especially when it comes to gardening tools. It's much easier than digging around in a cluttered shed, which can be a real mood killer.

• Love
Reactions: cissy
A place for everything and everything in its place - that's every gardener's dream! Having a well-organized sanctuary not only gives a sense of peace but also makes sure that you don't accidentally trip over some stray equipment.
Being a busy mum with a toddler running around, my shoe rack by the front door has become a catchall for various items including gardening gloves, sunglasses and snacks! I try to organize them into labeled boxes or clear storage containers, so at least I know where everything is when I need them and they don't get misplaced.

A place for everything and everything in its place - that's every gardener's dream! Having a well-organized sanctuary not only gives a sense of peace but also makes sure that you don't accidentally trip over some stray equipment.
Having a dedicated space for each item is a huge time saver when you’re working in the garden, plus it makes the clean up so much quicker! It definitely helps to label everything and have a set place where tools and equipment are returned after use.

Yup, it's so true! I've been trying to organize my garden tools and plants recently because it's harder to enjoy the hobby when you're constantly searching for things! A tidy plot also makes gardening after a long day worth it because it feels like a relaxing space, not another stressful one! I'm finding that using large totes with compartments helps a lot with keeping things organized. It's easier to grab the right tool and also ensures they don't get damaged by rusting or breaking.

Reactions: queenie
Having a dedicated space for each item is a huge time saver when you’re working in the garden, plus it makes the clean up so much quicker! It definitely helps to label everything and have a set place where tools and equipment are returned after use.
Yup, saves so much time and effort especially when you're working with kids around! Labeling is such a simple yet effective solution - a great way to teach the little ones some responsibility too. They need to learn that every item has its designated space and that's where it needs to go!

That's the idea! A little organizational practice goes a long way in helping them develop executive function skills too. It's beneficial for everyone and sets a good habit for the future.

Organizational practices are future-oriented, especially since they help develop executive skills! It's amazing how some forethought and planning can save us from many headaches later on!

Reactions: stargazer
Organizational practices are future-oriented, especially since they help develop executive skills! It's amazing how some forethought and planning can save us from many headaches later on!
Ya, tell me about it! Wish more people planned ahead! Some folks just never learn; it's always last minute with them.

So very true! Having a system in place and being proactive rather than reactive can work wonders for busy parents like ourselves. It keeps the chaos at bay and gives us some control over our lives!

Ya, tell me about it! Wish more people planned ahead! Some folks just never learn; it's always last minute with them.
Some people seem to thrive on the adrenaline rush of last-minute preparations! It's a miracle how some manage to pull through with their chill demeanors intact, almost like they have a secret superpower! But we sure could use less stress in our lives. What say you?

Some people are just chronic procrastinators, heh. Always leaving everything to the very last minute! But thankfully, us planners can help them out with our extra preparedness!

• Love
Reactions: nature
You're so right! It's great to have a helping hand to keep things on track; especially with deadlines looming! I find having a shared calendar or schedule, visible to all, really helps. No more last-minute surprises, and everyone can plan accordingly!

Shared calendars are a Godsend! It's so satisfying to colour-code everything and have one centralized hub for all our schedules. No more double-booking or missing deadlines. And when things do change, it's easy to update and keep everyone in the loop!

Shared calendars are a Godsend! It's so satisfying to colour-code everything and have one centralized hub for all our schedules. No more double-booking or missing deadlines. And when things do change, it's easy to update and keep everyone in the loop!
I know right! I use different colours for each family member and it makes spotting conflicts in schedules a breeze. And you're so true - it's so convenient to make adjustments when plans change or adding future events we need to prepare for. It visually helps me keep track of our appointments and special occasions and keeps our whole family organized!

Coloured coding is a brilliant idea! I'll have to try it out, as it would make scheduling so much easier to parse through especially when you have many different types of events going on. I find that being able to quickly glance and see what plans are whose is such a time saver.

That's great to hear! Coloured coding can definitely help make sense of a busy schedule, especially if you're managing multiple calendars. It's an easy way to visually distinguish between different types of events and keep things organised. Hope it works well for you!

Coloured coding has already proven to be a lifesaver - I can quickly identify personal appointments, work meetings, and side-hustle projects at a glance!
I love the efficiency of colour-coding too! It makes my week so much easier to navigate and keeps me from overscheduling.

I love the efficiency of colour-coding too! It makes my week so much easier to navigate and keeps me from overscheduling.
It's the little things like these that help keep our sanity! Anything that streamlines our busy schedules is welcome.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu