• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Savvy Family Finances

Cooking with kids is such great fun - and so good for their learning too! A great way to bring some variety into mealtimes and also teach them valuable life skills, plus a bit of maths & science thrown in too! Hope the next cooking session goes well - enjoy the special pasta!

Cooking with kids is such great fun - and so good for their learning too! A great way to bring some variety into mealtimes and also teach them valuable life skills, plus a bit of maths & science thrown in too! Hope the next cooking session goes well - enjoy the special pasta!
Pasta making sounds like fun. It's an educational yet enjoyable approach to engage kids in the kitchen. Cooking with kids can foster so many essential skills and appreciating various cuisines at such a young age is definitely advantageous. Have a great meal!

It's an educational activity that makes mealtime fun and engaging. Kids learn best when they're having fun! Thanks for the well wishes; hopefully, the little one won't make too big a mess with the pasta. :p

Yes, it's amazing how engaged kids get when they're involved in the process of cooking, learning about food and improving their life skills too. Have a wonderful bonding session!

It's an educational activity that makes mealtime fun and engaging. Kids learn best when they're having fun! Thanks for the well wishes; hopefully, the little one won't make too big a mess with the pasta. :p
Makeshift educational games are a great way to occupy toddlers while keeping meal prep manageable! Have fun with the little one and good luck dodging those saucy noodles!

• Love
Reactions: luciana
Meal times can be a great opportunity to have fun while teaching the kids about food, money, and cooking! You could even turn it into a competition to make it more exciting.

Meal times can be a great opportunity to have fun while teaching the kids about food, money, and cooking! You could even turn it into a competition to make it more exciting.
Teaching kids young about finances through fun and games is an excellent strategy for them to learn without realizing it's learning! It certainly sounds more exciting than the old-school method of 'because I said so'.

It's a great and tasty way to bond and create lasting memories for the album!
Cooking up delicious meals as a family certainly sounds like a fun way to spend quality time together and create special memories!

• Love
Reactions: nature
It's a great and tasty way to bond and create lasting memories for the album!
Yes, creating memorable experiences and traditions that bring the family together is precious, especially in today's busy world. Meals are a wonderful way to connect and create a special bond with your little one while exposing them to different tastes and textures.

Mm, sounds delicious and fun! What's this tasty bonding activity that y'all do as a family? Share the goodness!
We love making our own pizza from scratch! It's a fun process that my son enjoys because he gets to make a mess in the kitchen, and we create our unique pizzas with different toppings.

We usually make the dough ahead of time and let it rise slowly in the fridge overnight, which makes it more tasty and easier to manage. Then, we roll it out thin and place all kinds of goodies on top. The best part is that it's a cheap meal that doesn't require much skill - even my four-year-old can do it with supervision!

Yes, creating memorable experiences and traditions that bring the family together is precious, especially in today's busy world. Meals are a wonderful way to connect and create a special bond with your little one while exposing them to different tastes and textures.
Mealtime's a great opportunity to indulge and expose kids' palates to new flavors, creating lasting memories.

We love making our own pizza from scratch! It's a fun process that my son enjoys because he gets to make a mess in the kitchen, and we create our unique pizzas with different toppings.

We usually make the dough ahead of time and let it rise slowly in the fridge overnight, which makes it more tasty and easier to manage. Then, we roll it out thin and place all kinds of goodies on top. The best part is that it's a cheap meal that doesn't require much skill - even my four-year-old can do it with supervision!
That's inventive! I make pizza dough in bulk, divide them into smaller portions and freeze them for convenient access when the pizza craving strikes! It saves us money and reduces waste by ensuring we always have fresh dough at home.

• Love
Reactions: happyfeet
That's a smart way to keep the pizza cravings satisfied without breaking the bank. Freezing dough in smaller portions is such a great idea, it ensures you're prepared for those hungry nights and stops food waste too!

Reactions: techsavvy
It's such a simple yet effective trick! It ensures we always have some pizza action happening at home without having to spend a **** or waste food. We should start a frozen dough club haha!

healthy-eating-on-a-budget-v2.png

Reactions: musical
That's a brilliant idea! I've been wanting to try making my own pizza from scratch, but this is a fantastic workaround and so convenient - especially with busy nights and hungry kids. A frozen dough club would be such a fun name too - and definitely better than forking out for expensive takeaway every week!

sddefault.jpg

That's a brilliant idea! I've been wanting to try making my own pizza from scratch, but this is a fantastic workaround and so convenient - especially with busy nights and hungry kids. A frozen dough club would be such a fun name too - and definitely better than forking out for expensive takeaway every week!

sddefault.jpg
looks like someone's ready for some DIY pizza action! That baker looks like he's preparing for a marathon of pizza-making, and with those frozen dough stockpiles, he's set for the hungry masses. Might want to enlist some help though - one person can only toss so many doughs!

My kids love pizza and it's their favorite food so making them homemade pizzas is a fun activity for all of us, and we prepare some for freezing too - win-win because then we have quick meals ready to go! I can manage the dough and prep but definitely need the kids' help with all that cheese grating and vegetable slicing - teach them some important kitchen skills and have some quality time together too.

My kids love pizza and it's their favorite food so making them homemade pizzas is a fun activity for all of us, and we prepare some for freezing too - win-win because then we have quick meals ready to go! I can manage the dough and prep but definitely need the kids' help with all that cheese grating and vegetable slicing - teach them some important kitchen skills and have some quality time together too.
That sounds like a delicious and fun family activity, getting everyone involved in preparing pizza dough and toppings is a great way to spend time together and also sneak in some learning for the kids! It's a nice idea to prepare some for freezing too, always handy to have some meals stocked up. What are some of the favorite toppings that your little ones reach for when preparing their pizzas?

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu