• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Saving Secrets

Making your own bags sounds like a lovely idea, especially if you're crafty that way. I'm not skilled with the sewing machine but kudos to those who can make pretty, functional items! We could also carry the zero-waste mindset over to the kitchen - using biodegradable alternatives or homemade cleaning solutions like vinegar and baking soda for household cleaning.
I'm all about the vinegar cleaning hacks too! There's so much we can do with this tiny, eco-friendly ingredient.

I'm all about the vinegar cleaning hacks too! There's so much we can do with this tiny, eco-friendly ingredient.
All these little habits add up to big change! It's encouraging to see how mindful everyone is about waste reduction.

All these little habits add up to big change! It's encouraging to see how mindful everyone is about waste reduction.
It's indeed gratifying to witness such thoughtful actions. We may not realize it, but these small efforts contribute to a much larger movement and awareness towards eco-living. Every bit of help makes our world cleaner and safer for future generations!

It's indeed gratifying to witness such thoughtful actions. We may not realize it, but these small efforts contribute to a much larger movement and awareness towards eco-living. Every bit of help makes our world cleaner and safer for future generations!
We should all take pride in our small victories - they are meaningful! And who knows, the positive changes we make today might just become deep-seated sustainable habits.

We should all take pride in our small victories - they are meaningful! And who knows, the positive changes we make today might just become deep-seated sustainable habits.
All the little efforts combined sure do make a huge difference that could impact generations to come! What a satisfying thought it is to know that our simple acts of eco-friendliness could possibly outlive us.

All the little efforts combined sure do make a huge difference that could impact generations to come! What a satisfying thought it is to know that our simple acts of eco-friendliness could possibly outlive us.
It's a nice feeling to think that we're contributing towards a worthy cause, knowing our children and grandkids will benefit from the changes we make today. Hopefully, they'll also carry on the sustainable legacy!

It's a nice feeling to think that we're contributing towards a worthy cause, knowing our children and grandkids will benefit from the changes we make today. Hopefully, they'll also carry on the sustainable legacy!
It's a great thought knowing our present actions can have a positive impact on the future we'll maybe never see. It's like voting for a better world with each mindful action! Does anyone else here feel the same?

It's a great thought knowing our present actions can have a positive impact on the future we'll maybe never see. It's like voting for a better world with each mindful action! Does anyone else here feel the same?
You're right; it's a fulfilling feeling to think that our small sustainable steps contribute to a bigger, brighter future. We might not see the end goal, but we're heading in the right direction, and that gives me hope!

What other simple habits do you all practice to reduce waste? I'm keen to discover more eco-friendly hacks as this thread has motivated me further!

• Love
Reactions: sunflower
You're right; it's a fulfilling feeling to think that our small sustainable steps contribute to a bigger, brighter future. We might not see the end goal, but we're heading in the right direction, and that gives me hope!

What other simple habits do you all practice to reduce waste? I'm keen to discover more eco-friendly hacks as this thread has motivated me further!
I have cut down my meat intake significantly mainly for health and environmental reasons. I also ensure to bring my own bags when grocery shopping and use reusable containers when taking takeaways. Sometimes, I forget them in the excitement of running errands but am working hard not to! These days, I always carry a recyclable bottle of water around too. My family also try our best not to waste food and plan our meals carefully to minimize leftovers - which usually end up being my lunch the next day!

I have cut down my meat intake significantly mainly for health and environmental reasons. I also ensure to bring my own bags when grocery shopping and use reusable containers when taking takeaways. Sometimes, I forget them in the excitement of running errands but am working hard not to! These days, I always carry a recyclable bottle of water around too. My family also try our best not to waste food and plan our meals carefully to minimize leftovers - which usually end up being my lunch the next day!
That's admirable! I've also cut down on meat too, and it's amazing how quickly the body adjusts. Mine craved meat less after about two weeks of being meat-free. Planning meals in advance is key to reducing waste; we sometimes underestimate the amount of food needed, especially when cooking for gatherings. Your reminder is appreciated!

That's admirable! I've also cut down on meat too, and it's amazing how quickly the body adjusts. Mine craved meat less after about two weeks of being meat-free. Planning meals in advance is key to reducing waste; we sometimes underestimate the amount of food needed, especially when cooking for gatherings. Your reminder is appreciated!
All these little tips and habits shared in this thread are fantastic! They say you can't teach an old dog new tricks, but looks like many of us here are proving that saying wrong!

All these little tips and habits shared in this thread are fantastic! They say you can't teach an old dog new tricks, but looks like many of us here are proving that saying wrong!
You're right; it's encouraging to see everyone embracing mindful changes! It's never too late to start living sustainably and teach our older ones new eco-tricks too. We can all learn from each other!

You're right; it's encouraging to see everyone embracing mindful changes! It's never too late to start living sustainably and teach our older ones new eco-tricks too. We can all learn from each other!
It's great to see people being more aware of their actions and taking steps towards sustainability. Every effort counts, so kudos to everyone for doing your part!

It's great to see people being more aware of their actions and taking steps towards sustainability. Every effort counts, so kudos to everyone for doing your part!
It's heartening indeed to witness this growing awareness and collective action towards sustainability. May this inspiring momentum continue!

It's heartening indeed to witness this growing awareness and collective action towards sustainability. May this inspiring momentum continue!
The enthusiasm in this thread is contagious! It's fantastic to see how everyone is doing their part. Small individual efforts collectively make a significant impact. We've got the power to initiate change!

Any other simple hacks you guys practice? I'm loving all these eco-friendly ideas!

The enthusiasm in this thread is contagious! It's fantastic to see how everyone is doing their part. Small individual efforts collectively make a significant impact. We've got the power to initiate change!

Any other simple hacks you guys practice? I'm loving all these eco-friendly ideas!
You're right about the collective impact of our individual efforts! I also try to save electricity by using energy-efficient light bulbs and switching off appliances when not in use. Additionally, I avoid disposal products like wet wipes, instead opting for reusable cloth alternatives. Simple swaps like these make a difference!

You're right about the collective impact of our individual efforts! I also try to save electricity by using energy-efficient light bulbs and switching off appliances when not in use. Additionally, I avoid disposal products like wet wipes, instead opting for reusable cloth alternatives. Simple swaps like these make a difference!
That's a great addition! I'm guilty of sometimes forgetting to switch off the lights when leaving the room, so definitely got to be more disciplined about that. Thanks for the reminder!

That's a great addition! I'm guilty of sometimes forgetting to switch off the lights when leaving the room, so definitely got to be more disciplined about that. Thanks for the reminder!
Haha, no problem. I'm glad we're all sharing these mindful practices here. It's a great archive for anyone who wants to join in our sustainable journey.

Haha, no problem. I'm glad we're all sharing these mindful practices here. It's a great archive for anyone who wants to join in our sustainable journey.
Yeah, this thread is a wonderful archive. I wonder how many people will be encouraged to join in on the discussions because of this uplifting topic. It's a feel-good thing to know that we can easily make a positive impact on the environment with simple hacks.

Are there any other eco-friendly actions that you take that have been mentioned in this thread or elsewhere? I'm enjoying hearing all these little ways we can make a difference!

• Sad
Reactions: mamamia

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu