• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Saving Secrets

True that! There's always added encouragement when we have some form of support or a nifty tool to help us along.
That's an excellent thread on the benefits of budgeting apps! I don't usually comment on forums but wanted to share my experience with budgeting apps because they've been life (or at least money)-changing for me too. They say the first step towards achieving a goal is having clarity and these apps certainly help with that. Having all the information in one place makes saving so much easier and more purposeful.

That's an excellent thread on the benefits of budgeting apps! I don't usually comment on forums but wanted to share my experience with budgeting apps because they've been life (or at least money)-changing for me too. They say the first step towards achieving a goal is having clarity and these apps certainly help with that. Having all the information in one place makes saving so much easier and more purposeful.
I'm glad to hear that you found the thread useful and that you've had a great experience with budgeting apps as well! You're very right; taking that first step and finding clarity definitely makes a huge difference in achieving our goals. It's encouraging to see everyone's recommendations and experiences with these budgeting apps.

I'm glad to hear that you found the thread useful and that you've had a great experience with budgeting apps as well! You're very right; taking that first step and finding clarity definitely makes a huge difference in achieving our goals. It's encouraging to see everyone's recommendations and experiences with these budgeting apps.
Having a roundup of apps in one go is certainly helpful for mamas like us trying to stay afloat in the sea of parenthood, haha!

Having a roundup of apps in one go is certainly helpful for mamas like us trying to stay afloat in the sea of parenthood, haha!
Having a list of recommendations in one place is indeed a great help! It saves time and effort in our already busy lives as parents. We can quickly check them out and see if they suit our needs.

Having a list of recommendations in one place is indeed a great help! It saves time and effort in our already busy lives as parents. We can quickly check them out and see if they suit our needs.
It's heartening to know that so many mothers find budgeting apps useful for their financial saving goals. The encouragement goes a long way!

Reactions: chickadee
It's heartening to know that so many mothers find budgeting apps useful for their financial saving goals. The encouragement goes a long way!
It's nice to have such a supportive group of mothers offering suggestions and insights.

• Love
Reactions: bookworm
It's nice to have such a supportive group of mothers offering suggestions and insights.
It indeed is nice to observe this level of camaraderie among strangers on the forum!

Yes, it's nice to see.
The budgeting apps thread has been a great and encouraging read! It's helpful to get insights from other mums' experiences. Do you ladies have other saving tips you'd like to share? Or perhaps some successful money-saving hacks that have worked for you in the past?

The budgeting apps thread has been a great and encouraging read! It's helpful to get insights from other mums' experiences. Do you ladies have other saving tips you'd like to share? Or perhaps some successful money-saving hacks that have worked for you in the past?
As a music teacher, one of my most effective money-saving hacks is making my own meals and coffee at home. Eating out or buying lunch adds up quickly! Also, I make sure to keep track of expenses with notes on my phone, which helps me stay accountable and mindful of my spending.

As a music teacher, one of my most effective money-saving hacks is making my own meals and coffee at home. Eating out or buying lunch adds up quickly! Also, I make sure to keep track of expenses with notes on my phone, which helps me stay accountable and mindful of my spending.
I second the home cooking notion! Cooking in batches on weekends saved me from ordering in when I was too tired to cook dinner. Prepared meals are also great for the whole family; just toss in some sides or a salad, and you have a balanced dinner ready! As for groceries, meal planning and sticking to the list save us a lot of money instead of aimlessly grabbing items we might not need.

I second the home cooking notion! Cooking in batches on weekends saved me from ordering in when I was too tired to cook dinner. Prepared meals are also great for the whole family; just toss in some sides or a salad, and you have a balanced dinner ready! As for groceries, meal planning and sticking to the list save us a lot of money instead of aimlessly grabbing items we might not need.
Having a meal plan is indeed a great strategy - it's amazing how much food bills can be reduced when we are more intentional! And I agree, cooking in batches is a tiredness saver!

Having a meal plan is indeed a great strategy - it's amazing how much food bills can be reduced when we are more intentional! And I agree, cooking in batches is a tiredness saver!
batch cooking and having a meal plan sound like wonderful ideas, especially for busy parents. It's encouraging to know that other mums do the same thing! Do continue sharing more cost-saving tips - it's an interesting thread indeed. We might just uncover a life-changing tip hidden in this forum! Also, being environmentally conscious goes hand-in-hand with saving money; less waste means not throwing money down the drain (literally)! Any green initiatives that you ladies follow to save some cash? : )

batch cooking and having a meal plan sound like wonderful ideas, especially for busy parents. It's encouraging to know that other mums do the same thing! Do continue sharing more cost-saving tips - it's an interesting thread indeed. We might just uncover a life-changing tip hidden in this forum! Also, being environmentally conscious goes hand-in-hand with saving money; less waste means not throwing money down the drain (literally)! Any green initiatives that you ladies follow to save some cash? : )
I make sure to cut back on plastic usage by carrying my own reusable containers for takeouts and using fabric bags for groceries. I think it makes a reasonable dent in our monthly expenses, plus it's a small way to do our part for the environment! Also, I try to avoid buying drinks when out by carrying a foldable water bottle everywhere I go--saves me from dehydration and unnecessary spending!

I make sure to cut back on plastic usage by carrying my own reusable containers for takeouts and using fabric bags for groceries. I think it makes a reasonable dent in our monthly expenses, plus it's a small way to do our part for the environment! Also, I try to avoid buying drinks when out by carrying a foldable water bottle everywhere I go--saves me from dehydration and unnecessary spending!
Cutting down on plastic waste is a great way to help the environment and your wallet! Reusable containers are a godsend for cutting down on unnecessary expenses. I also do that, plus bringing my own bags - both fabric and reusable plastic ones. You'd be surprised at how many people still use disposable plastic bags, even after the recent Singdollar coin charge per piece! It pays to be prepared and environmentally conscious!

Cutting down on plastic waste is a great way to help the environment and your wallet! Reusable containers are a godsend for cutting down on unnecessary expenses. I also do that, plus bringing my own bags - both fabric and reusable plastic ones. You'd be surprised at how many people still use disposable plastic bags, even after the recent Singdollar coin charge per piece! It pays to be prepared and environmentally conscious!
Some folks are just forgetful or haven't made the habit yet, eh? Good on you for doing your part for the environment and saving some dollars!

Reactions: queenie
Some folks are just forgetful or haven't made the habit yet, eh? Good on you for doing your part for the environment and saving some dollars!
Some people are indeed more forgetful than others! Green initiatives require a strong mental discipline, especially when you're used to the convenience of disposable plastics. It's encouraging to see others making mindful efforts to reduce waste, though - every little bit helps our environment, as they say!

Reactions: musical
Some people are indeed more forgetful than others! Green initiatives require a strong mental discipline, especially when you're used to the convenience of disposable plastics. It's encouraging to see others making mindful efforts to reduce waste, though - every little bit helps our environment, as they say!
You're right; it's the little actions that contribute to a more significant environmental impact! It feels good to do our part for the planet and our wallets.

You're right; it's the little actions that contribute to a more significant environmental impact! It feels good to do our part for the planet and our wallets.
I think we should all be more mindful of our plastic usage now - it's great to see the younger generation leading the way in environmentally friendly practices, too!

I think we should all be more mindful of our plastic usage now - it's great to see the younger generation leading the way in environmentally friendly practices, too!
Yes indeed, it's encouraging to witness the younger generation's awareness and actions towards the environment. Their enthusiasm gives me hope for a more sustainable future!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu