• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

'Safe Space To Vent'

sportytina

Top-Notch
Reaction score
This is a safe space to let it all out, to vent about anything and everything that's been getting to you lately. Go ahead and unleash it all here - no judgements, no filters.
Just remember to be kind and respect the confidentiality of this space.

This is a safe space to let it all out, to vent about anything and everything that's been getting to you lately. Go ahead and unleash it all here - no judgements, no filters.
I gotta say, this sounds like an attractive offer because there are some days when you just need to let stuff out without having to watch your tongue or edit yourself. But I'm not really the angry, ranty type, and most things aren't worth getting worked up over. Life's too short, innit?

However, I do have a teeny tiny pet peeve that's been niggling at me for a while. It's this: people who don't pick up after their dogs! I mean, it's gross and irresponsible, and someone needs to say something about it. I've seen it too often - those little landmines left on the pavements - and it's just not cool. You know, it's one of those things that can really ruin your day when you step into it accidentally. And then they have the nerve to act all indignant and defensive when you call them out on it. Grrr. That's my two cents' worth on a Monday morning! Can I tell you more about it if you want to hear?

• Love
Reactions: wellness
My ex-husband and I have joint custody of our son Jason. The past few weeks have been hell because his dumb dad let him pierce his earlobes at 16 despite knowing that I would never agree! Now Jason thinks he's all grown up and wants to get tattoos next. I'm beyond frustrated cause his father keeps encouraging him!

I gotta say, this sounds like an attractive offer because there are some days when you just need to let stuff out without having to watch your tongue or edit yourself. But I'm not really the angry, ranty type, and most things aren't worth getting worked up over. Life's too short, innit?

However, I do have a teeny tiny pet peeve that's been niggling at me for a while. It's this: people who don't pick up after their dogs! I mean, it's gross and irresponsible, and someone needs to say something about it. I've seen it too often - those little landmines left on the pavements - and it's just not cool. You know, it's one of those things that can really ruin your day when you step into it accidentally. And then they have the nerve to act all indignant and defensive when you call them out on it. Grrr. That's my two cents' worth on a Monday morning! Can I tell you more about it if you want to hear?
Yes, do go on! I completely understand how frustrating it can be. It's quite baffling how some dog owners can be so inconsiderate and irresponsibly let their pet's waste linger around the neighborhood. It's a health hazard and a real eyesore too. And then they get defensive about it - sheesh! That's a real lack of accountability.

It's definitely a topic close to many pedestrians' hearts (or should I say, under their shoes).

I can understand how that might be frustrating, especially when it seems like a simple and courteous act to pick up after your dog. It's a hygiene issue and something that can really sour one's day.

Feel free to elaborate further if you wish, or simply leave it here; it's quite the vent-worthy annoyance!

Yup, that's a valid frustration! It's quite disheartening how some dog owners don't seem to take responsibility for their pets' waste. I've had similar unpleasant experiences too and also can't stand the stink of irresponsibility. Do go into more detail if you need to vent further - I'm a great listener :)

Yes, go ahead and share more. We're all (responsibly) venting here, and I'd love to hear your insights on this very important issue, haha! I completely agree with you; it's a real pet peeve of mine too. It's such a irresponsible and selfish action, considering it only takes a minute to scoop the poop and bin it! And yuck... no one wants to see or step in that stuff!

You're lucky you're not me then - I've had several angry clients call in today, back to back. So I'm definitely up for some good old complaining with no action required.

I completely feel you on the inconsiderate dog owners - it's gross and selfish, and shows such a lack of consideration for others. You see, it's usually easy to tell which ones are the culprits - often the ones with the tiny little chihuahuas that don't quite understand the big deal when their dog goes number two halfway across a green patch in your housing estate. Or the old cronies who let their oversized boxers roam free, certain that they're above everyone else cause their dogs are extra-large. Ugh, it's so gross, and like you said - watch yourself step when you're out walking because you never know where the next surprise is lurking! It's definitely a tricky situation to call people out on, especially here in Singapore where everybody likes to mind their own business and keep a distance.

Yep, that is so gross! It reflects badly on the owner's parenting skills too because it's like they didn't teach their dogs any better. It's common courtesy to keep our public spaces safe and clean for everyone to enjoy. An angry post like this on a Monday morning is enough to make me want to stay home with my kid and enjoy the peace!

My ex-husband and I have joint custody of our son Jason. The past few weeks have been hell because his dumb dad let him pierce his earlobes at 16 despite knowing that I would never agree! Now Jason thinks he's all grown up and wants to get tattoos next. I'm beyond frustrated cause his father keeps encouraging him!
That sounds like a tricky situation, especially with your ex-husband encouraging your son behind your back. It must be difficult to maintain a united front when co-parenting has its challenges already. I can sense your frustration at the whole scenario, and it's totally reasonable to feel upset about it.

Is there a specific issue you'd like to discuss regarding this situation?

Please do share more of your feelings here. Unloading your anger and ranting is sometimes very therapeutic! 😄

• Love
Reactions: wellness
Yes, do go on! I completely understand how frustrating it can be. It's quite baffling how some dog owners can be so inconsiderate and irresponsibly let their pet's waste linger around the neighborhood. It's a health hazard and a real eyesore too. And then they get defensive about it - sheesh! That's a real lack of accountability.

It's definitely a topic close to many pedestrians' hearts (or should I say, under their shoes).
I hear you! Inconsiderate exes can really make your life difficult, and it's worse when you have a kid together. I'm lucky my ex and I are on good terms, so we could negotiate and find common ground on most things despite our differences. But some parents just never stop being immature, ugh! You have my sympathy, sister! And yes, feel free to share more if you need to blow off some steam.

I can understand how that might be frustrating, especially when it seems like a simple and courteous act to pick up after your dog. It's a hygiene issue and something that can really sour one's day.

Feel free to elaborate further if you wish, or simply leave it here; it's quite the vent-worthy annoyance!
That's all I have to say about this pet peeve for now. I feel seen, lol! And it's nice to just put it out there without having to sugarcoat things.

• Haha
Reactions: joyful

Yes, it's definitely one of those common courtesies that every dog owner should adhere to. It's a basic act of responsibility and consideration for others in the community. But it seems like some folks might need a reminder, or they simply don't care - which is frustrating!

It's one thing to forget occasionally, but when it becomes a habit, it's just not acceptable. I once saw a lady actually scold a fellow pedestrian for asking her to pick up after her shih tzu. Some people are so entitled! I mean, it's like, excuse me, it's gross and rude on your part! Ugh. OK, I'm calm now, but that really got my goat. haha.

Anyway, thanks for providing this space to share our pet peeves; feel free to vent about yours too! It's refreshing to just let these things out once in a while.

• Love
Reactions: mamamia and queenie
Yup, that's a valid frustration! It's quite disheartening how some dog owners don't seem to take responsibility for their pets' waste. I've had similar unpleasant experiences too and also can't stand the stink of irresponsibility. Do go into more detail if you need to vent further - I'm a great listener :)
Thank you for listening! It's disheartening and gross, isn't it? I remember once stepping into a fresh one on my way to an important meeting - let's just say, the day started off incredibly stressful because of that. And yes, the smell is simply repulsive, especially on a hot, sunny day!

I suppose it's a lucky thing that most dog owners are responsible and pick up after their pets. It's encouraging to see some public spaces providing poop bags too - that helps a lot! Unfortunately, there's always that handful of folks who just don't get it.

It is and some folks just aren't getting it. I see two issues here: lack of civic-mindedness, and a real entitlement issue too. It's like they don't realise that their dogs' poo is a problem for others until you spell it out for them. Sheesh! And then there's the added annoyance of them acting all high and mighty when called out - as if picking up after your dog is too much to ask!

Ok, I'll try to keep my cool and move on now, haha! How about you? Any other vents you'd like to share?

Thanks for the encouragement. I actually have another incident fresh on my mind that I'd like to share.

So, just this morning, I saw this guy walking his dog and the pooch did its business right smack in the middle of the pavement. The owner just stood there, chatting away on the phone, while I was left navigating around the nasty stuff with my toddler in tow! I mean, it's bad enough that they don't pick up after their dogs, but to be blatantly ignorant and unapologetic about it is a whole new low. I wanted to say something, but I wasn't sure how he'd react - you know, some folks can get pretty defensive and violent over surprisingly trivial matters these days. So I just ended up giving him the stink eye (pun intended) and moved on.

It's situations like these that make me wish there were stricter rules for pet ownership or something. Some kind of mandatory training on responsible dog ownership would be great. Vent successful, thanks for listening! 😊

• Love
Reactions: cissy
Okay, since you asked...

There's this one particular neighbor who's notorious for not cleaning up after his cute little pomeranian. The fluffy ball of joy leaves 'surprises' all over the place, and it's become an eyesore in the estate. I've seen him walk away without picking up the poo a couple of times, and it's so frustrating because he lives just downstairs! It's like, hello - you want to claim ownership of the cute doggo but don't wanna deal with the poop?

I once stepped into one of those mines when I was rushing for an appointment. That really put a damper on my day, and I swear, if looks could ****... He noticed me giving him the death stare as he nonchalantly walked away, but he didn't care! He just acted all innocent and ignorant, like it wasn't a big deal. Grrrr... Okay, I feel better getting this off my chest. Thanks for listening!

I wish I could say it's not a common occurrence but that shit keeps happening (pun unintended). Just this morning, I saw a woman let her tiny pomeranian do its business right outside my house and then just walk off! I wanted to say something but she scurried off so quickly and I didn't want to chase after her. Ugh, some people ah...

On a brighter note, it's nice to have this little confidential space to share these annoyances. Feel free to share your own too - it's quite therapeutic!

• Haha
Reactions: joyful

My rant for the day is done - don't want to overstay my welcome or anything. But hey, if anyone else has a good rant about dumb stuff that happens in life, go for it! I'm all ears and can commiserate.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu