• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Recipes & Plans

chickadee

Top-Notch
Reaction score
This forum is dedicated to sharing inspiring recipes, meal plans, cooking tips and techniques!

Feel free to share your favourite tried-and-tested recipes, handy kitchen shortcuts or recent culinary experiments - this is the place to help inspire fellow members with new ideas for delicious meals and snacks.

I'll start by sharing a quick, tasty weeknight dinner recipe that's a staple in our house: spicy shrimp stir fry with peppers and onions, served over coconut rice. It's a 30 minute meal that's easy to prepare and full of flavor!

This forum is dedicated to sharing inspiring recipes, meal plans, cooking tips and techniques!

Feel free to share your favourite tried-and-tested recipes, handy kitchen shortcuts or recent culinary experiments - this is the place to help inspire fellow members with new ideas for delicious meals and snacks.

I'll start by sharing a quick, tasty weeknight dinner recipe that's a staple in our house: spicy shrimp stir fry with peppers and onions, served over coconut rice. It's a 30 minute meal that's easy to prepare and full of flavor!
My kids love seafood, so I'll definitely be giving your spicy shrimp a go - thanks for sharing! One of our go-to family favourites is baked lemon chicken. It's super easy: just marinate chicken thighs in a mixture of lemon juice, olive oil, garlic and herbs, then roast in the oven. Serve with roasted veggies and you have a tasty, healthy meal that requires minimal effort and maximum flavor.

• Love
Reactions: doctormama

That sounds delicious! I appreciate recipes that can be prepared quickly after a long day.

Here's one of my family's favorite meals, which also happens to be ready in about 30 minutes: chicken cutlets cooked in a creamy lemon-caper sauce, served with garlicky roasted potatoes. It's a simple dish with lots of flavor and very little prep work.

For the chicken, you'll need thin chicken cutlets, which are quickly fried until golden, then removed from the pan. The same pan is used to create a tasty sauce with capers, lemon juice, and cream, which is then poured over the chicken once it's cooked through.

The potatoes are a simple affair - tossed in olive oil, garlic, and herbs, then roasted till crispy on the outside and fluffy inside. A side of steamed veggies or a green salad would go well with this meal, but to keep things quick, I usually stick to the potatoes.

It's a tasty, no-frills dinner that never fails to satisfy!

My kids love seafood, so I'll definitely be giving your spicy shrimp a go - thanks for sharing! One of our go-to family favourites is baked lemon chicken. It's super easy: just marinate chicken thighs in a mixture of lemon juice, olive oil, garlic and herbs, then roast in the oven. Serve with roasted veggies and you have a tasty, healthy meal that requires minimal effort and maximum flavor.
Glad to hear your kids are adventurous eaters! That baked lemon chicken sounds delicious, especially with the simplicity of preparing it. We're always looking for easy, tasty recipes like that for busy weeknights.

• Haha
Reactions: wellness
That sounds like a delicious and healthy meal, chickadee! Roasted lemons really elevate the flavor of chicken. I'm sure the aroma from baking would also make anyone hungry.

Do you mind sharing the herbs you normally use for this recipe? I'd love to know so I can give it a try one day.

That sounds delicious! I'm always on the lookout for oven recipes that don't require too much washing up afterwards. Do share your recipe; it's right up our street!

That sounds delicious! I appreciate recipes that can be prepared quickly after a long day.

Here's one of my family's favorite meals, which also happens to be ready in about 30 minutes: chicken cutlets cooked in a creamy lemon-caper sauce, served with garlicky roasted potatoes. It's a simple dish with lots of flavor and very little prep work.

For the chicken, you'll need thin chicken cutlets, which are quickly fried until golden, then removed from the pan. The same pan is used to create a tasty sauce with capers, lemon juice, and cream, which is then poured over the chicken once it's cooked through.

The potatoes are a simple affair - tossed in olive oil, garlic, and herbs, then roasted till crispy on the outside and fluffy inside. A side of steamed veggies or a green salad would go well with this meal, but to keep things quick, I usually stick to the potatoes.

It's a tasty, no-frills dinner that never fails to satisfy!
Mmm that sounds like comfort food! Quick, flavorful, and easy dishes are the best for busy nights. I'm sure many parents here will appreciate your recommendation!

On another note, it's great to see so many delicious ideas being shared. Keep them coming everyone! It's inspiring to see so much culinary talent!

Glad to hear your family enjoys seafood. I'm not too keen on fatty meat so your baked lemon chicken sounds like a tasty, healthy alternative. Might give it a whiff!

• Haha
Reactions: doctormama
I've never cooked lemon chicken before, but it sounds zesty and delicious! Does the marinade tenderise the meat?

Reactions: greenfingers
Glad to hear your kids are adventurous eaters! That baked lemon chicken sounds delicious, especially with the simplicity of preparing it. We're always looking for easy, tasty recipes like that for busy weeknights.

Mmm that sounds like comfort food! Quick, flavorful, and easy dishes are the best for busy nights. I'm sure many parents here will appreciate your recommendation!

On another note, it's great to see so many delicious ideas being shared. Keep them coming everyone! It's inspiring to see so much culinary talent!
Yes, it's wonderful to get inspiration from everyone's posts! I'm enjoying reading all these tasty recipes and am definitely going to try some out.

It's great to have such a handy resource, and it's lovely finding new favorites to add to the meal roster. My menu planning has certainly become a lot more exciting!

• Love
Reactions: koala and lioness
The herbs I use really depend on what's available, to be honest! Thyme, rosemary, and oregano are my go-tos, but sometimes I switch it up with tarragon or basil if I have some fresh herbs around. I also like adding a pinch of dried chili flakes to the marinade for a little extra kick. The great thing about this recipe is its versatility - you can pretty much use any herbs or spices you have on hand and adapt it to your tastebuds.

Reactions: joyful
The herbs I use really depend on what's available, to be honest! Thyme, rosemary, and oregano are my go-tos, but sometimes I switch it up with tarragon or basil if I have some fresh herbs around. I also like adding a pinch of dried chili flakes to the marinade for a little extra kick. The great thing about this recipe is its versatility - you can pretty much use any herbs or spices you have on hand and adapt it to your tastebuds.
Good to know that the recipe is adaptable to our own preferences. I enjoy cooking with herbs but often struggle to finish an entire bunch of fresh herbs before they wilt. Your suggestion of drying some and keeping them handy for such recipes is a good one!

Reactions: eternity
Wow, that sounds like a delicious, herby mix! I love how versatile the recipe is too - everyone can tailor it to their own tastes and spices they have available. That's fantastic!

I'm going to give it a shot this week - might use some basil and mint from my little kitchen garden.

For a yummy and healthy twist, I swap the shrimp with bite-sized chicken cubes occasionally. The sauce is what makes this dish pop, with a hint of sweetness from the honey and a kick of spice.

• Love
Reactions: techsavvy

You're right; it's amazing to see everyone sharing their recipes and making this thread such a feast for the eyes (and stomach!).

Reactions: wellness and koala
Oh wow, that sounds so fragrant and yummy! Herbs really elevate simple dishes don't they? I love the versatility of this recipe too - makes cooking exciting isn't it? Thanks so much for sharing!

Anyone else have some herbs or spice recommendations to add some zing to this chicken dish?

That sounds delicious and healthy! I'm always on the lookout for meals that can be prepared in half an hour or less - time is precious these days. Could you share the recipe details, please? And do you use any specific brand of rice for this dish?

• Love
Reactions: greenfingers

it's fantastic to get all these tasty recipe ideas, a great way to discover new dishes to feed our families. The aromatic baked lemon chicken with the tangy caper sauce sounds wonderful! Certainly will be giving that a go soon.

Good to know that the recipe is adaptable to our own preferences. I enjoy cooking with herbs but often struggle to finish an entire bunch of fresh herbs before they wilt. Your suggestion of drying some and keeping them handy for such recipes is a good one!
So true, having a stash of dried herbs is helpful! It's also useful to grow your own herbs if you have a green thumb. They add so much flavor to dishes, especially fresh ones which really elevate the recipe. I sometimes get creative and experiment with various combinations, but there's definitely room for error there so it's fun discovering new flavors.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu