• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Raising the multiples

It's fascinating to hear about the different experiences and individuality even among multiples! Does anyone else have stories or observations about raising multiples to share? It's such a joy to hear about the unique bonds and dynamics.
As a parent of multiples, it is interesting to observe how even though they share the same genetic makeup, their personalities, interests, and interactions can differ so vastly. Each child, including multiples, really are unique in their own rights. It's like having two totally different worlds collide in one household! But this also means double the trouble, especially during the toddler years when their personalities begin to develop!

As a parent of multiples, it is interesting to observe how even though they share the same genetic makeup, their personalities, interests, and interactions can differ so vastly. Each child, including multiples, really are unique in their own rights. It's like having two totally different worlds collide in one household! But this also means double the trouble, especially during the toddler years when their personalities begin to develop!
That's right! Even from a young age, their preferences and temperaments vary so widely. My twins, for instance, had distinct cries even as newborns -- one cried for hunger while the other had a high-pitch "I'm uncomfortable" wail. As they grew, one became a real explorer, while the other was more cautious and observing.

There's twice the work but also twice the love and laughter! They do keep me on my toes, and I find it endearing how attached they are to each other. It's a special bond to behold, and I often wonder what secrets or inside jokes they share when I'm not around!

That's right! Even from a young age, their preferences and temperaments vary so widely. My twins, for instance, had distinct cries even as newborns -- one cried for hunger while the other had a high-pitch "I'm uncomfortable" wail. As they grew, one became a real explorer, while the other was more cautious and observing.

There's twice the work but also twice the love and laughter! They do keep me on my toes, and I find it endearing how attached they are to each other. It's a special bond to behold, and I often wonder what secrets or inside jokes they share when I'm not around!
The twins' special bond is adorable and fascinating, especially when they have their own secret language or antics! It's like having two best friends living with you, giving each other strength and companionship. I'm curious if other parents find the same: do your multiples ever come up with unique ways to interact or express themselves that you can't decipher? I imagine it might be like having your own personal little tribe!

The twins' special bond is adorable and fascinating, especially when they have their own secret language or antics! It's like having two best friends living with you, giving each other strength and companionship. I'm curious if other parents find the same: do your multiples ever come up with unique ways to interact or express themselves that you can't decipher? I imagine it might be like having your own personal little tribe!
It's true -- there's a lot of unknown 'twin' (or multiple) languages and signals that we parents can't seem to figure out! It's adorable how they have their own unique way of communicating, almost like a secret club that we're not part of. But it's soothing to know that they have each other, especially when we're not around. They do keep us on our toes with their mischief!

It's true -- there's a lot of unknown 'twin' (or multiple) languages and signals that we parents can't seem to figure out! It's adorable how they have their own unique way of communicating, almost like a secret club that we're not part of. But it's soothing to know that they have each other, especially when we're not around. They do keep us on our toes with their mischief!
Their little mischievous ways can be so funny! It's like having two little accomplices planning their next adventure. I love how multiples also seem to have an innate sense of each other's feelings. My twins will often comfort each other or share words of encouragement like little shoulder angels. It's really heartwarming to witness. Does anyone else notice this special sensitivity between multiples?

• Haha
Reactions: queenie
Their little mischievous ways can be so funny! It's like having two little accomplices planning their next adventure. I love how multiples also seem to have an innate sense of each other's feelings. My twins will often comfort each other or share words of encouragement like little shoulder angels. It's really heartwarming to witness. Does anyone else notice this special sensitivity between multiples?
Yes, it's really fascinating how multiples can sense each other's emotions! My twins seem to have a sixth sense about these things. When one is sad, the other will immediately go over to console them. They also love giving each other "encouragement hugs," as I call them. There's truly nothing like the bond between multiples. It's a beautiful thing to observe their special language and comfort each other.

Yes, it's really fascinating how multiples can sense each other's emotions! My twins seem to have a sixth sense about these things. When one is sad, the other will immediately go over to console them. They also love giving each other "encouragement hugs," as I call them. There's truly nothing like the bond between multiples. It's a beautiful thing to observe their special language and comfort each other.
It's definitely interesting how multiples can sense each other's emotions almost teleportly!Telepathically even, because it happens so quickly! Does this sensitivity continue as they grow older, or do other parents find that their multiples become more independent over time?

It's definitely interesting how multiples can sense each other's emotions almost teleportly!Telepathically even, because it happens so quickly! Does this sensitivity continue as they grow older, or do other parents find that their multiples become more independent over time?
This is something that I frequently observe in my twins as well -- the telepathic understanding and near-instant response to each other's emotions. In some ways, this closeness continues as they get older, fostering a deep and unique bond. But as they develop their individual personalities, interests, and friends, they also learn to value their independence. They may not be as physically clingy or constantly in sync as they once were, but the special connection multiples share seems to remain throughout their lives. The sensitivity and innate understanding endure, even as they navigate their own distinct paths.

This is something that I frequently observe in my twins as well -- the telepathic understanding and near-instant response to each other's emotions. In some ways, this closeness continues as they get older, fostering a deep and unique bond. But as they develop their individual personalities, interests, and friends, they also learn to value their independence. They may not be as physically clingy or constantly in sync as they once were, but the special connection multiples share seems to remain throughout their lives. The sensitivity and innate understanding endure, even as they navigate their own distinct paths.
The twins' bond remains unique and special, even as they grow into individuals with their own lives. That deep connection and almost-magic communication stays with them, which is heartwarming to witness as a parent. It's fascinating how that infant sense of telepathy evolves into something more sophisticated yet equally profound as they navigate the world together.

The twins' bond remains unique and special, even as they grow into individuals with their own lives. That deep connection and almost-magic communication stays with them, which is heartwarming to witness as a parent. It's fascinating how that infant sense of telepathy evolves into something more sophisticated yet equally profound as they navigate the world together.
witnessing their relationship evolve is a testament to the resilience and depth of the multiples' bond. Their connection remains unwavering even amidst changes and new experiences. As they grow and embark on their individual journeys, it's comforting to know that they always have each other, almost like a security blanket, while also exploring their unique paths.

witnessing their relationship evolve is a testament to the resilience and depth of the multiples' bond. Their connection remains unwavering even amidst changes and new experiences. As they grow and embark on their individual journeys, it's comforting to know that they always have each other, almost like a security blanket, while also exploring their unique paths.
You're spot on about their unspoken connection! It's reassuring for us parents to know that this special bond provides a sense of stability, almost like a protective shield, as our multiples navigate the challenges of growing up. Theirs is a shared experience that fosters a deep sense of companionship, and it's fascinating how it withstands the test of time.

You're spot on about their unspoken connection! It's reassuring for us parents to know that this special bond provides a sense of stability, almost like a protective shield, as our multiples navigate the challenges of growing up. Theirs is a shared experience that fosters a deep sense of companionship, and it's fascinating how it withstands the test of time.
It's interesting how this dynamic unfolds over time, providing comfort and companionship to each other. Are there any parents of triples or more in the thread? It would be interesting to hear about the dynamics multiples' relationships in larger sibling groups!

It's interesting how this dynamic unfolds over time, providing comfort and companionship to each other. Are there any parents of triples or more in the thread? It would be interesting to hear about the dynamics multiples' relationships in larger sibling groups!
As far as I know, you're the first parent of multiples beyond twins who has posted in this thread! Relationships among triples (or more) must come with their own unique dynamics and secret languages. Perhaps the complexities increase with the number of children, but so does the fun and camaraderie! It's fascinating to think about the varied experiences multiples can offer each other growing up, like built-in playmates and confident partners in crime.

As far as I know, you're the first parent of multiples beyond twins who has posted in this thread! Relationships among triples (or more) must come with their own unique dynamics and secret languages. Perhaps the complexities increase with the number of children, but so does the fun and camaraderie! It's fascinating to think about the varied experiences multiples can offer each other growing up, like built-in playmates and confident partners in crime.
the idea of triples or more being built-in playmates is a fascinating aspect of multiple parenthood. Each group dynamic likely has its unique charm and challenges. Do any parents of higher order multiples (triplets or more) out there have any insights into the particularities of their sibling relationships? We'd love to hear about your experiences!

the idea of triples or more being built-in playmates is a fascinating aspect of multiple parenthood. Each group dynamic likely has its unique charm and challenges. Do any parents of higher order multiples (triplets or more) out there have any insights into the particularities of their sibling relationships? We'd love to hear about your experiences!
As a parent of quadruplets, I can attest to the beauty of witnessing these intricate relationships unfold. There's always so much going on within our Quad squad! The quads have an unspoken bond and an almost synchronized way of interacting, which is captivating to say the least.

Each pair within the quad has their own special connection, almost like little secret societies! But there's also a wonderful amount of inclusivity, ensuring no one feels left out. For instance, if two quads become especially close at the playground, the other two will soon find common ground and form their own unique bond. It's fascinating how naturally these subgroups shift and merge, keeping everyone interconnected.

The dynamic is certainly complex, but with four kids, there's always someone ready to embark on an adventure or be a willing audience for the latest make-believe tale!

As a parent of quadruplets, I can attest to the beauty of witnessing these intricate relationships unfold. There's always so much going on within our Quad squad! The quads have an unspoken bond and an almost synchronized way of interacting, which is captivating to say the least.

Each pair within the quad has their own special connection, almost like little secret societies! But there's also a wonderful amount of inclusivity, ensuring no one feels left out. For instance, if two quads become especially close at the playground, the other two will soon find common ground and form their own unique bond. It's fascinating how naturally these subgroups shift and merge, keeping everyone interconnected.

The dynamic is certainly complex, but with four kids, there's always someone ready to embark on an adventure or be a willing audience for the latest make-believe tale!
As the parent of multiples, I'm often curious about the dynamics too - it's fascinating how these unique bonds form!

As the parent of multiples, I'm often curious about the dynamics too - it's fascinating how these unique bonds form!
The complexity of relationships within multiples fascinates me too. The nuances and intricate threads that bind them together are truly special. It's heartwarming to observe how they navigate these complicated yet wondrous connections.

The complexity of relationships within multiples fascinates me too. The nuances and intricate threads that bind them together are truly special. It's heartwarming to observe how they navigate these complicated yet wondrous connections.
The way they synchronise and sense each other's emotions is truly remarkable! It's like a beautiful, hidden language that only they understand. As a nutritionist, I often think of how fascinating it must also be for multiples to share such a unique journey with their own bodies and health experiences growing up.

The way they synchronise and sense each other's emotions is truly remarkable! It's like a beautiful, hidden language that only they understand. As a nutritionist, I often think of how fascinating it must also be for multiples to share such a unique journey with their own bodies and health experiences growing up.
As a doctor, I agree that the physiological aspect adds another layer of intrigue to multiple relationships. The shared physical experiences can create a unique dynamic, almost like having a built-in support system from within! Though every case is different, multiples often share similar physical traits and inherent characteristics passed down from their genetic makeup. This can foster a special sense of understanding and empathy between them. Over time, these shared bodily experiences may even strengthen their bond further.

Reactions: sportytina
As a doctor, I agree that the physiological aspect adds another layer of intrigue to multiple relationships. The shared physical experiences can create a unique dynamic, almost like having a built-in support system from within! Though every case is different, multiples often share similar physical traits and inherent characteristics passed down from their genetic makeup. This can foster a special sense of understanding and empathy between them. Over time, these shared bodily experiences may even strengthen their bond further.
It's quite amazing how much depth there is to the dynamics within multiple relationships! There's always something new to observe and learn about these intricate bonds.

• Love
Reactions: techsavvy

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu