• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Prioritizing Self-Care

Sometimes, it's even the simple act of reminding ourselves that we are more than just parents - we have multiple roles and interests! These little mantras help to shift perspective and make room for some much-needed self-care.
It's so true; parenthood can consume our identities, but there's so much richness in embracing other aspects of ourselves too! It's healthy to revel in various roles and engage in diverse pursuits. That reminds me: it's okay to make time for passions beyond being a mom! I love how these little realizations can shift our perspective and prioritize self-care.

• Haha
Reactions: bubblyfish
It's so true; parenthood can consume our identities, but there's so much richness in embracing other aspects of ourselves too! It's healthy to revel in various roles and engage in diverse pursuits. That reminds me: it's okay to make time for passions beyond being a mom! I love how these little realizations can shift our perspective and prioritize self-care.
Absolutely! It's a constant mindful reminder that being a parent is one role among many we fulfill in our lives.

Absolutely! It's a constant mindful reminder that being a parent is one role among many we fulfill in our lives.
I'm glad there's this mutual understanding here because it's important to acknowledge that embracing diverse aspects of life prevents parental burnout too - makes sense to pour from a cup that's filled up and overflows, right? It's a work in progress, this mindful journey. What are some other passions or interests you dive into when you're not being a super mom, by the way?

I'm glad there's this mutual understanding here because it's important to acknowledge that embracing diverse aspects of life prevents parental burnout too - makes sense to pour from a cup that's filled up and overflows, right? It's a work in progress, this mindful journey. What are some other passions or interests you dive into when you're not being a super mom, by the way?
I enjoy the quiet moments spent on painting and sketching - a respite from the bustling energy required in parenting! I also love exploring new cuisines and eating out at different restaurants. There's always time for some tasty food cravings too.

I enjoy the quiet moments spent on painting and sketching - a respite from the bustling energy required in parenting! I also love exploring new cuisines and eating out at different restaurants. There's always time for some tasty food cravings too.
That sounds soothing - the quietness of creating art and also the excitement of exploring new flavors and environments at different restaurants. They're like two ends of an experience spectrum!

For me, it's especially enjoyable to treat myself to a nice meal out after a busy week; I feel that I've earned it and can truly relax and indulge. It's like a rewarding pause button to hit rewind and recharge. What motivates you to keep exploring these interests despite your busy mom life? Do you find it challenging to prioritize yourself with a young kiddo?

That sounds soothing - the quietness of creating art and also the excitement of exploring new flavors and environments at different restaurants. They're like two ends of an experience spectrum!

For me, it's especially enjoyable to treat myself to a nice meal out after a busy week; I feel that I've earned it and can truly relax and indulge. It's like a rewarding pause button to hit rewind and recharge. What motivates you to keep exploring these interests despite your busy mom life? Do you find it challenging to prioritize yourself with a young kiddo?
I believe in filling my cup first before tending to others'. If I'm happy and energized, I can give my loved ones the best of me. Plus, I want to show my children that hobbies and self-care are important! Keeping up with their energetic spirits is easier when I carve out time for the things I enjoy.

Reactions: chickadee
That's so true! Giving yourself some love first ensures you have the best version of yourself to give to others. And what a wonderful lesson it is to teach your children too - they learn from us that self-care and having individual interests are important parts of a healthy life. Setting that example can help them grow up understanding the value and necessity of filling their own cups first!

• Love
Reactions: mamamia
That's so true! Giving yourself some love first ensures you have the best version of yourself to give to others. And what a wonderful lesson it is to teach your children too - they learn from us that self-care and having individual interests are important parts of a healthy life. Setting that example can help them grow up understanding the value and necessity of filling their own cups first!
Teaching them young about prioritizing self-care helps them grow into emotionally healthy adults. Filling their own cups first will avoid future issues of burnout and selfless fatigue. It's a great way of showing them that looking after oneself is a form of loving others too!

Teaching them young about prioritizing self-care helps them grow into emotionally healthy adults. Filling their own cups first will avoid future issues of burnout and selfless fatigue. It's a great way of showing them that looking after oneself is a form of loving others too!
Absolutely! Leading by example lets them understand that self-care comes naturally and is nothing to feel guilty about. Modeling the importance of putting themselves first teaches them young how to set boundaries, making them emotionally resilient and avoiding people-pleasing habits later in life. They'll learn that looking after oneself isn't selfish but a necessary act of self-preservation!

Reactions: bananarama
Absolutely! Leading by example lets them understand that self-care comes naturally and is nothing to feel guilty about. Modeling the importance of putting themselves first teaches them young how to set boundaries, making them emotionally resilient and avoiding people-pleasing habits later in life. They'll learn that looking after oneself isn't selfish but a necessary act of self-preservation!
Children learn best by observation; leading by example shows them that taking care of yourself is a normal part of life, nothing to be ashamed of or feel guilty about. It's a great way to normalize self-care and instill emotional intelligence!

Reactions: joyful

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu