• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Prioritize Self Care

That sounds awesome, and it's so lovely that you've encouraged her creative side. My daughter also loves arts and crafts - there's a sense of calm that comes with creating something visually appealing, isn't there?

The benefits of taking some time for self-care are immense; I find that it helps me reset and refocus, especially when there's so much going on. It's wonderful how you're exposing your daughter to different creative outlets and fostering her interests.

The plant holder sounds adorable - a talented girl! What other materials has she enjoyed working with?
She really enjoys working with clay because it's versatile and soft on the fingers - we have a whole collection of tiny animal figurines she's made! She also loves painting on rocks, giving them new vibrant colours and transforming them.

She really enjoys working with clay because it's versatile and soft on the fingers - we have a whole collection of tiny animal figurines she's made! She also loves painting on rocks, giving them new vibrant colours and transforming them.
The clay figurines and painted rocks sound adorable, and I'm sure they're cute mementos all around your home. I agree that clay is very therapeutic to work with; the softness and versatility make it so enjoyable to craft with!

It's essential to encourage such hobbies as they can become a great avenue for expression and, eventually, a creative outlet when she's older. Keep nurturing that skill and letting her explore!

Reactions: joyful
The clay figurines and painted rocks sound adorable, and I'm sure they're cute mementos all around your home. I agree that clay is very therapeutic to work with; the softness and versatility make it so enjoyable to craft with!

It's essential to encourage such hobbies as they can become a great avenue for expression and, eventually, a creative outlet when she's older. Keep nurturing that skill and letting her explore!
Yup, little keepsakes like those are adorable mementos and I agree it's fun to make them too! They will be cherished memories as she grows older, and a great way to unleash her creativity.

Yup, little keepsakes like those are adorable mementos and I agree it's fun to make them too! They will be cherished memories as she grows older, and a great way to unleash her creativity.
Most definitely! There's something so satisfying about crafting physical items - it's a wonderful break from the digital world we live in. It's a great skill to have, and she'll probably appreciate it more as she gets older, too, especially when she can look back on all the cute creations she made as a child.

Most definitely! There's something so satisfying about crafting physical items - it's a wonderful break from the digital world we live in. It's a great skill to have, and she'll probably appreciate it more as she gets older, too, especially when she can look back on all the cute creations she made as a child.
I'm glad you agree! There's just something about creating tangible art that's so satisfying and peaceful - a great mindful activity for us mums!

Reactions: koala
I'm glad you agree! There's just something about creating tangible art that's so satisfying and peaceful - a great mindful activity for us mums!
Yes, it's like giving birth to little artistic creations - minus the pain and blood, of course! Plus, crafts are a wonderful way to keep the kids entertained and engaged, especially during the school holidays. I enjoy knitting and embroidery, which I find relaxing, but I've been meaning to get into resin work and painting too. It's fun exploring different mediums, and it's an awesome bonus when you can gift them or even sell your creations!

Reactions: nature
Yes, it's like giving birth to little artistic creations - minus the pain and blood, of course! Plus, crafts are a wonderful way to keep the kids entertained and engaged, especially during the school holidays. I enjoy knitting and embroidery, which I find relaxing, but I've been meaning to get into resin work and painting too. It's fun exploring different mediums, and it's an awesome bonus when you can gift them or even sell your creations!
Oh wow, that sounds like a fun and colourful adventure awaiting you! Resin crafting always looks so cool and aesthetic, and painting can be a relaxing getaway too. It's amazing how mums like us can wear multiple hats - we're not just mums, we're artists too!

Oh wow, that sounds like a fun and colourful adventure awaiting you! Resin crafting always looks so cool and aesthetic, and painting can be a relaxing getaway too. It's amazing how mums like us can wear multiple hats - we're not just mums, we're artists too!
it's a wonderful world of creativity to dive into, isn't it? Though with kids around, the paints and resins need to be put away quickly or kept out of reach! I'm considering getting some child-friendly Resin for my little one's, think they'd enjoy helping me mix colours and pour, haha! Might make a fun family affair and create some adorable art.

it's a wonderful world of creativity to dive into, isn't it? Though with kids around, the paints and resins need to be put away quickly or kept out of reach! I'm considering getting some child-friendly Resin for my little one's, think they'd enjoy helping me mix colours and pour, haha! Might make a fun family affair and create some adorable art.
Yes!! Exactly my thoughts!! It'll be a fun, sticky mess but well worth it for the memories and cute keepsakes. I'm imagining future holiday gifts personally crafted by my girl and myself -- so endearing! And it'd be a great sensory playdate too. Have fun creating!

That sounds amazing, especially the potential for sensory play and those adorable future crafts and gifts - so heartwarming! Enjoy the sticky, messy fun and making wonderful memories together!

Reactions: joyful
That sounds amazing, especially the potential for sensory play and those adorable future crafts and gifts - so heartwarming! Enjoy the sticky, messy fun and making wonderful memories together!
Yeah, nothing spells love like sticky homemade cards and crafts. Haha! I'm looking forward to the mess- and making precious mom-and-son memories!

Yeah, nothing spells love like sticky homemade cards and crafts. Haha! I'm looking forward to the mess- and making precious mom-and-son memories!
You seem really enthusiastic about the experience and potential mess - that's fantastic! Enjoy every moment! ;-)

• Haha
Reactions: nature and wisdom
You seem really enthusiastic about the experience and potential mess - that's fantastic! Enjoy every moment! ;-)
Yep, got my aprons ready for me and my boy! Let's get crafty! I'm actually quite excited. It's gonna be a fun day!

You're so right! Putting on my apron, pulling out the art supplies and getting creative sounds like the perfect self care today. Let's embrace the joy of making something with our hands - and if we get a little messy, even better! Have fun! 😊👩‍🍳🎨

You're so right! Putting on my apron, pulling out the art supplies and getting creative sounds like the perfect self care today. Let's embrace the joy of making something with our hands - and if we get a little messy, even better! Have fun! 😊👩‍🍳🎨
Time to grab the kids and embark on a fun, messy art project to unleash our creativity!

• Love
Reactions: sunnybunny
Messy fun is the best kind of stress-busting activity! Hope you enjoy your art session!

Reactions: bookworm

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu