• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Pregnant & Healthy

travelmum

Top-Notch
Reaction score
regnant and want to ensure you’re keeping yourself and bump healthy and happy? Let's discuss!

This is the place to chat about all things health and nutrition during pregnancy. Share your tips for keeping active, maintaining a balanced diet and keeping those unhealthy cravings at bay. How are you optimizing your pregnancy diet for the benefit of you and baby?

Let's share our favourite recipes, go-to healthy snacks and any helpful advice! I'll start - I've been loving smoothie bowls packed with fruit, oats and yoghurt. It's a great way to get some nutrients and keep cool in this heat! What are your bump essentials?

• Love
Reactions: cissy
regnant and want to ensure you’re keeping yourself and bump healthy and happy? Let's discuss!

This is the place to chat about all things health and nutrition during pregnancy. Share your tips for keeping active, maintaining a balanced diet and keeping those unhealthy cravings at bay. How are you optimizing your pregnancy diet for the benefit of you and baby?

Let's share our favourite recipes, go-to healthy snacks and any helpful advice! I'll start - I've been loving smoothie bowls packed with fruit, oats and yoghurt. It's a great way to get some nutrients and keep cool in this heat! What are your bump essentials?
My ob-gyne told me that because of my reasonably good health and exercise habits, my pregnancy would likely be smooth sailing. That gave me the encouragement to stay motivated with my fitness goals and also not go overboard with overeating, which can be a trap during pregnancy with all the cravings!

I try to keep active by walking often, doing some mild yoga stretches, and have recently gotten into swimming as it keeps me cool in Singapore's heat. My hubby joins me for walks around the neighborhood most evenings, which is also a great way to spend quality time together.

Diet-wise, I make sure to eat lots of fruits and veggies, lean meats, and drink plenty of fluids like homemade cucumber mint lemonade--super refreshing! I indulge in cravings sometimes but always try to balance them with healthier options first. For instance, if I'm craving chocolate, I'll have a couple of bites of dark chocolate rather than a whole candy bar.

Your smoothie bowls sound delish! I might add some protein powder to up the ante on protein intake. Thanks for starting this thread!

• Love
Reactions: musical
My ob-gyne told me that because of my reasonably good health and exercise habits, my pregnancy would likely be smooth sailing. That gave me the encouragement to stay motivated with my fitness goals and also not go overboard with overeating, which can be a trap during pregnancy with all the cravings!

I try to keep active by walking often, doing some mild yoga stretches, and have recently gotten into swimming as it keeps me cool in Singapore's heat. My hubby joins me for walks around the neighborhood most evenings, which is also a great way to spend quality time together.

Diet-wise, I make sure to eat lots of fruits and veggies, lean meats, and drink plenty of fluids like homemade cucumber mint lemonade--super refreshing! I indulge in cravings sometimes but always try to balance them with healthier options first. For instance, if I'm craving chocolate, I'll have a couple of bites of dark chocolate rather than a whole candy bar.

Your smoothie bowls sound delish! I might add some protein powder to up the ante on protein intake. Thanks for starting this thread!
Good on you for being mindful about your diet and staying active. It's a great way to set good habits early for yourself and bump, especially getting into swimming - that's a wonderful full-body exercise!

I find that pregnancy cravings are often more psychological than physical. You're spot on to suggest dark chocolate instead of the candy bar; it's all about portion control too!

cucumber mint lemonade sounds refreshing - would love to hear the recipe! (See, I can do it sometimes :))

• Love
Reactions: techsavvy
Good on you for being mindful about your diet and staying active. It's a great way to set good habits early for yourself and bump, especially getting into swimming - that's a wonderful full-body exercise!

I find that pregnancy cravings are often more psychological than physical. You're spot on to suggest dark chocolate instead of the candy bar; it's all about portion control too!

cucumber mint lemonade sounds refreshing - would love to hear the recipe! (See, I can do it sometimes :))
Yeah, I'm lucky to have a rather uncomplicated pregnancy, which I'm grateful for.

I make a mean batch of cucumber mint lemonade that's super easy and a delight on hot days. All you need are lemons, fresh cucumbers, mint leaves, honey or your sweetener of choice, and some salt.

Peel and blend the lemons, Cucumbers and mint leaves together. Then, add honey and salt to taste. I sometimes add a pinch of black salt which gives it a nice savory kick. Pour the mixture over ice, and there you have it - a refreshing cool drink! You can also add some cold water to dilute it if you like your lemonade less acidic.

Let me know if you give it a shot!

That sounds delicious and refreshing, especially with the addition of mint! I'm definitely giving this a go, as I've been looking for some new, healthy drinks. Thanks so much for sharing!
I might add in some fresh ginger too, to give it an extra kick and some added health benefits :)

Glad you're giving it a go - let me know how it turns out with the additions! The beauty of this drink is definitely its versatility; feel free to tweak it according to your tastebuds and whatever ingredients are available. It's such a wonderful, healthy treat during pregnancy too - enjoy! x

Glad you're giving it a go - let me know how it turns out with the additions! The beauty of this drink is definitely its versatility; feel free to tweak it according to your tastebuds and whatever ingredients are available. It's such a wonderful, healthy treat during pregnancy too - enjoy! x
That's the joy of making our own fresh drinks - we can be creative! Have a fantastic weekend!

• Love
Reactions: queenie
this versatile drink can be tailored to one's taste and imagination, a great little number to keep cool and refreshed during these hot days - thank you for the recipe! Cheers! :)

Reactions: nature
Hah thanks. You too, keep cool and have a great one ahead!
Wishing you a cool and cozy weekend ahead too! Hopefully the weather will be kind to us. Have a good one!😊

Reactions: cissy
You too, hope the little ones are keeping you busy but not too busy for some me-time! Enjoy the simple pleasures! 🌸🧘‍♀️
Oh, they most certainly keep me busy, each day is an adventure with them around! Me time has become a rare commodity these days, but that makes it all the more precious when it comes!

Hope you're having a fabulous weekend so far! Keep cool and enjoy the simple things in life 🌸

Life's adventures are about to get even more exciting with a little one on the way! Enjoy those precious moments of me time while you can, and make the most of the simple pleasures - they're so important. Hope you're keeping well and enjoying a relaxing weekend x

Those little moments are precious, and I'm cherishing them while also nesting like crazy! All the best preparing for your little one's arrival - hope you're feeling excited and well :) x
it's a mix of excitement and anxiousness. This is such an exciting phase and I am grateful to experience it, but there are many unknowns, which can be quite daunting too. I've been feeling some odd sensations in my tummy these past few days, and it's making me wonder if the little one is preparing to say hello a bit earlier than expected! I guess we'll see - only 4 more months to go!

Are you experiencing any funny symptoms I should look out for? It'd be great to hear more about your experience.

it's a mix of excitement and anxiousness. This is such an exciting phase and I am grateful to experience it, but there are many unknowns, which can be quite daunting too. I've been feeling some odd sensations in my tummy these past few days, and it's making me wonder if the little one is preparing to say hello a bit earlier than expected! I guess we'll see - only 4 more months to go!

Are you experiencing any funny symptoms I should look out for? It'd be great to hear more about your experience.
There might be some truth to your hunch! Some babies just love to surprise us and come earlier than expected. They say every pregnancy is different, and this "gut feeling" is one of those unpredictable signs people talk about.

I remember having a strong urge to nest and organize everything for the baby. Besides the usual pregnant bladder issues and heartburn, I had extreme food cravings and mood swings in my last trimester. Everyone's experience is unique, so it'd be fun to hear about yours too!

You're almost there, four months will fly by!

Four months fly by! It's exciting and reassuring to hear that every pregnancy journey is unique. I haven't experienced any cravings yet, but I certainly feel those nesting instincts kicking in. The urge to organize and prepare the baby's space is strong!

It's heartening to hear about your positive vibes on this thread - pregnant & healthy! Let's keep sharing our experiences because it makes each of us feel empowered and supported in this beautiful journey.

Thanks for initiating this fun discussion!

• Love
Reactions: wisdom and mamamia

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu