• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Pregnancy stages and preparation in one thread

Some craved very specific foods or even non-edible items, which can be perplexing yet amusing. Your senses do go haywire, making for some interesting food adventures! )))
I definitely felt that my sense of smell was heightened during pregnancy, which explains the intense cravings or aversions many moms experience. Smells that were once enjoyable became overwhelming and unpleasant, so I had to be careful with perfumes and fragrant products!

• Haha
Reactions: wellness
I had a sudden and intense craving for sour plum candies, which was very odd because I usually don't enjoy sour sweets. But man, the sourness was so appealing during my pregnancy! I also craved creamy milkshakes and luckily, gave in to this healthier option often.
The weirdest combination I came across was when a colleague craved salty peanut butter sandwiches with tomato ketchup. To each their own!

That's true, and it's helpful to keep an open mind because some phenomena, like hyperemesis gravidarum ( severe morning sickness), are not as well known or talked about, so some new moms may be caught off guard. The unknown can be daunting.
As each pregnancy varies, women ought to be made aware of the potential spectrum of experiences awaiting them.

As each pregnancy varies, women ought to be made aware of the potential spectrum of experiences awaiting them.
I had a relatively easy first trimester with little to no morning sickness, which I think was lucky given how debilitating it can get for many! But man, the second trimester more than made up for it with some brutal heartburn and indigestion.

You're right; pregnant women should really seize any chance they get to rest during the first trimester! I remember sleeping through most of my afternoons, sometimes even with my contacts lenses still on! Exhaustion is an understatement to describe that debilitating fatigue.
I also experienced very vivid dreams during my first trimester, which were so real they felt like they were happening. They could be quite intense and disturbing but were often forgettable after a while. I believe these strange side effects contribute to that elusive 'pregnancy brain' phenomenon!

Does anyone else remember unusually vivid dreams from their first trimester? Or am I alone in this one?

This thread has been full of wonderful insights into the world of pregnancy. Each stage brings something new to prepare and plan for - an exciting journey indeed.
With so many different experiences shared, it's a testament to the mysteries and wonders of motherhood; there's always more to learn and prepare for! This has been a great discussion, ladies. We should keep it going to benefit other moms-to-be!

The weirdest combination I came across was when a colleague craved salty peanut butter sandwiches with tomato ketchup. To each their own!
Some people's cravings really are quite wild and unexpected! Food fantasies during pregnancy are so diverse and definitely make for fun stories after.

This thread has been full of wonderful insights into the world of pregnancy. Each stage brings something new to prepare and plan for - an exciting journey indeed.
this has been a very informative thread, reassuring expectant moms that what they go through is normal and shared by many others. The support here is lovely; someone's always got your back! The stages of pregnancy really are diverse and present many mental and physical challenges, so having a solid support network or even just reading past experiences is a great help.

• Love
Reactions: chickadee
this has been a very informative thread, reassuring expectant moms that what they go through is normal and shared by many others. The support here is lovely; someone's always got your back! The stages of pregnancy really are diverse and present many mental and physical challenges, so having a solid support network or even just reading past experiences is a great help.
There is a wide array of changes that happen to a woman physically and emotionally during pregnancy. It's an intense journey for sure, and it helps to have some knowledge of what could come!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu