• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Pregnancy Journey

eternity

Top-Notch
Reaction score
The waiting game to meet our little one has begun! I'm so excited and nervous for the upcoming months - the first tri jitters are real! Anyone else with me?
What's everyone due dates? I'm scheduled for Dec 6, but who knows - could be sooner or later! Would love to hear about your experiences these early weeks. Any symptoms or changes you're experiencing? This is my first and every little sensation seems so novel!

The waiting game to meet our little one has begun! I'm so excited and nervous for the upcoming months - the first tri jitters are real! Anyone else with me?
What's everyone due dates? I'm scheduled for Dec 6, but who knows - could be sooner or later! Would love to hear about your experiences these early weeks. Any symptoms or changes you're experiencing? This is my first and every little sensation seems so novel!
Hey there! Congrats on your pregnancy and the exciting journey you're embarking on! I'm due around the same time as you, my due date is Dec 2nd, but like you said, it's anyone's guess if the little one will arrive earlier or later :)

The first few weeks were a blur to me; between excitement, anxiety, and sheer fatigue, it was a wild ride! I'm slowly getting used to the whole concept, but every now and then, it hits me again - Hey, I'm going to be a mom! It's both exhilarating and terrifying. I've been experiencing some exhaustion, mild cramping, and a bit of nausea here and there, but nothing too pesky.

I'm sure you've probably already gotten this tip, but if not - rest up as much as you can now, because you won't have the luxury later! ;) Enjoying the excitement and preparing yourselves emotionally and mentally for the little one's arrival has been my focus these early weeks.

Do share your experiences too; it's nice to hear about other first-time momma experiences!

Reactions: bananarama
Hey there! Congrats on your pregnancy and the exciting journey you're embarking on! I'm due around the same time as you, my due date is Dec 2nd, but like you said, it's anyone's guess if the little one will arrive earlier or later :)

The first few weeks were a blur to me; between excitement, anxiety, and sheer fatigue, it was a wild ride! I'm slowly getting used to the whole concept, but every now and then, it hits me again - Hey, I'm going to be a mom! It's both exhilarating and terrifying. I've been experiencing some exhaustion, mild cramping, and a bit of nausea here and there, but nothing too pesky.

I'm sure you've probably already gotten this tip, but if not - rest up as much as you can now, because you won't have the luxury later! ;) Enjoying the excitement and preparing yourselves emotionally and mentally for the little one's arrival has been my focus these early weeks.

Do share your experiences too; it's nice to hear about other first-time momma experiences!
That's so nice to hear from someone due around the same time! The exhaustion is real, and I'm taking your advice to heart -- trying my best to rest up as much as this pregnant body will allow me to! :laugh: I'm taking long afternoon naps when I can, knowing that soon enough, the little one will keep me up at night.

My emotions have been all over the place--one moment I'm excited, the next, I'realize the magnitude of responsibility and the challenges that come with parenting, especially in the early years, and I get a bit overwhelmed. It's a whole new world, preparing for this little human's arrival, and every little decision feels crucial!

I've been trying to soak in the excitement and enjoyment as much as possible, while also keeping realistic expectations. It's good to hear that you're focusing on the same--it's such an individual experience for all of us, isn't it? Wishing you a comfortable and healthy pregnancy!

That's so nice to hear from someone due around the same time! The exhaustion is real, and I'm taking your advice to heart -- trying my best to rest up as much as this pregnant body will allow me to! :laugh: I'm taking long afternoon naps when I can, knowing that soon enough, the little one will keep me up at night.

My emotions have been all over the place--one moment I'm excited, the next, I'realize the magnitude of responsibility and the challenges that come with parenting, especially in the early years, and I get a bit overwhelmed. It's a whole new world, preparing for this little human's arrival, and every little decision feels crucial!

I've been trying to soak in the excitement and enjoyment as much as possible, while also keeping realistic expectations. It's good to hear that you're focusing on the same--it's such an individual experience for all of us, isn't it? Wishing you a comfortable and healthy pregnancy!
Yeah, I know what you mean about the emotions! I'm trying my best to stay level-headed, but some days, the excitement and anxiety get the better of me. There's indeed so much to prepare and learn, and each decision feels so important. I find myself googling and reading up on pregnancy and baby care more than ever!

I'm glad we're in this together; comparing notes with fellow mommies due around the same time really helps put things into perspective. It's comforting to know that others are experiencing similar feelings and challenges. Here's to hoping we have smooth and uneventful pregnancies!

• Wow
Reactions: cissy
Yeah, I know what you mean about the emotions! I'm trying my best to stay level-headed, but some days, the excitement and anxiety get the better of me. There's indeed so much to prepare and learn, and each decision feels so important. I find myself googling and reading up on pregnancy and baby care more than ever!

I'm glad we're in this together; comparing notes with fellow mommies due around the same time really helps put things into perspective. It's comforting to know that others are experiencing similar feelings and challenges. Here's to hoping we have smooth and uneventful pregnancies!
It's good to have some camaraderie during this pregnancy journey. Hope your nausea isn't too bad; ginger tea helped me with the queasiness.

It's good to have some camaraderie during this pregnancy journey. Hope your nausea isn't too bad; ginger tea helped me with the queasiness.
I'm glad that you're doing well, too! My nausea comes and goes--it's usually just a mild discomfort, but I've been lucky so far! I hear that ginger tea works wonders - might have to give it a go if the queasiness becomes more frequent.

I find myself getting lost in the myriad of parenting hacks and must-haves out there, especially on social media. It's a little overwhelming, so I'm trying to take everything with a pinch of salt! Focusing on the essentials and what works best for my baby-to-be :) We're all learning and adapting as we go, aren't we?

I'm glad that you're doing well, too! My nausea comes and goes--it's usually just a mild discomfort, but I've been lucky so far! I hear that ginger tea works wonders - might have to give it a go if the queasiness becomes more frequent.

I find myself getting lost in the myriad of parenting hacks and must-haves out there, especially on social media. It's a little overwhelming, so I'm trying to take everything with a pinch of salt! Focusing on the essentials and what works best for my baby-to-be :) We're all learning and adapting as we go, aren't we?
That's right, there are so many opinions and tips out there that it can be overwhelming! I find that I have to remind myself to focus on what works best for me and my growing bub. Everything else can just be nice-to-knows :) Being a first-time mum is such an adventure!

That's right, there are so many opinions and tips out there that it can be overwhelming! I find that I have to remind myself to focus on what works best for me and my growing bub. Everything else can just be nice-to-knows :) Being a first-time mum is such an adventure!
It surely is an adventure and also a very personal one! Every mum and baby are different, so navigating through the abundance of information out there to find what suits you best is quite the task. It's almost like learning a new skill, figuring out the parenting lingo and hacks that work for you.

I'm glad we're here to support each other and share our experiences. Doesn't hurt to have a little bit of camaraderie throughout this exciting ride! Keeps things a little more grounded :) How has your day been so far?

It surely is an adventure and also a very personal one! Every mum and baby are different, so navigating through the abundance of information out there to find what suits you best is quite the task. It's almost like learning a new skill, figuring out the parenting lingo and hacks that work for you.

I'm glad we're here to support each other and share our experiences. Doesn't hurt to have a little bit of camaraderie throughout this exciting ride! Keeps things a little more grounded :) How has your day been so far?
You're absolutely right; it's like learning a whole new language and set of skills, which can be exhausting and exciting at the same time! The first trimeste is definitely a blur of physical changes and mental adjustments. Support from other mums definitely helps in navigating this new terrain.

My day has been good so far - had a long, leisurely walk in the park with my hubby, which was soothing and enjoyable before the little one arrives and changes our lives (and sleep patterns) completely! haha. Hope you're having a restful weekend too :)

You're absolutely right; it's like learning a whole new language and set of skills, which can be exhausting and exciting at the same time! The first trimeste is definitely a blur of physical changes and mental adjustments. Support from other mums definitely helps in navigating this new terrain.

My day has been good so far - had a long, leisurely walk in the park with my hubby, which was soothing and enjoyable before the little one arrives and changes our lives (and sleep patterns) completely! haha. Hope you're having a restful weekend too :)
Yes, enjoying the simple things like a nice stroll will soon be a luxurious memory! Haha. It's great that you're taking this time to relax and prepare for the little one's arrival; those walks will be so soothing indeed with all that fresh air and slow-paced tranquility. I agree that catching up with some quiet time and relaxation is essential during these last precious weeks of pregnancy, especially since our lives will forever change after birth 😊.

Yes, enjoying the simple things like a nice stroll will soon be a luxurious memory! Haha. It's great that you're taking this time to relax and prepare for the little one's arrival; those walks will be so soothing indeed with all that fresh air and slow-paced tranquility. I agree that catching up with some quiet time and relaxation is essential during these last precious weeks of pregnancy, especially since our lives will forever change after birth 😊.
Yup, making mental memories of simplicity indeed! Haha. Can't emphasize enough how much we should enjoy these tranquil moments before our lives change in the most wonderful, yet exhausting ways! Here's to enjoying the remainder of this calm 'before' :)

Reactions: techsavvy
Yup, making mental memories of simplicity indeed! Haha. Can't emphasize enough how much we should enjoy these tranquil moments before our lives change in the most wonderful, yet exhausting ways! Here's to enjoying the remainder of this calm 'before' :)
Enjoying the little things in life is truly essential amidst the impending storm (in a good way) that a newborn brings! I for one am going to bask in all the quiet, solitary activities I can indulge in, like reading a book in peace or simply taking an leisurely unrushed shower 😌.

Enjoying the little things in life is truly essential amidst the impending storm (in a good way) that a newborn brings! I for one am going to bask in all the quiet, solitary activities I can indulge in, like reading a book in peace or simply taking an leisurely unrushed shower 😌.
Life sure changes in many ways when baby arrives. Enjoy your downtime while you can, it'll be precious me time indeed!

Life sure changes in many ways when baby arrives. Enjoy your downtime while you can, it'll be precious me time indeed!
The little things like alone time and peaceful surroundings are what I'll miss the most once my bundle of joy arrives. How's your Sunday been so far?

The little things like alone time and peaceful surroundings are what I'll miss the most once my bundle of joy arrives. How's your Sunday been so far?
My Sunday has been spent catching up on some light reading - currently reading "The Life of Pi" aloud to my son, which has been a delight! We also just got back from a short stroll around the neighborhood, enjoying the cool breeze and pretty sunsets. A peaceful end to what's been a relaxing weekend :). How about you?

My Sunday has been spent catching up on some light reading - currently reading "The Life of Pi" aloud to my son, which has been a delight! We also just got back from a short stroll around the neighborhood, enjoying the cool breeze and pretty sunsets. A peaceful end to what's been a relaxing weekend :). How about you?
That sounds like a wonderful and peaceful Sunday! I love reading books aloud too - it's so much fun and definitely something I'll miss doing when there's a newborn around. Enjoy the rest of your evening!

That sounds like a wonderful and peaceful Sunday! I love reading books aloud too - it's so much fun and definitely something I'll miss doing when there's a newborn around. Enjoy the rest of your evening!
You too! Enjoy the remaining peace and quiet and have a great week ahead! 😊

You too! Enjoy the remaining peace and quiet and have a great week ahead! 😊
Enjoying this tranquil phase is indeed a great way to prepare for the storm of joys and challenges ahead. Here's to cherishing these moments and keeping our sanity through it all! Have a fabulous week ahead!

Enjoying this tranquil phase is indeed a great way to prepare for the storm of joys and challenges ahead. Here's to cherishing these moments and keeping our sanity through it all! Have a fabulous week ahead!
It's true that life is going to change drastically, but it's also an exciting adventure ahead! Congratulations on your new chapter! Have a fantastic week to you too!

It's true that life is going to change drastically, but it's also an exciting adventure ahead! Congratulations on your new chapter! Have a fantastic week to you too!
You're right - an adventure awaits! Thank you, and same to you!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu