• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Pregnancy Health Tips & Advice

sunnydays

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Sunnydays started a conversation about how expectant mothers can share tips on managing health during pregnancy. Some recommended solutions for morning sickness include having small, frequent meals or eating specific types of crackers to settle the stomach, with ginger candy or tea, lemon water, and acupuncture also suggested as remedies. Snacking regularly can also manage cravings and maintain energy levels.

Discussion turned to the topic of natural remedies for pregnancy discomforts. Musical suggested acupressure wrist bands or visits to a therapist for morning sickness, while several others spoke highly of the benefits of acupuncture for nausea and back aches, with few side effects. It's considered a safe and relatively soothing option, though it's important to check with a healthcare professional first.

The chat also highlighted the effectiveness of chiropractic care and pregnancy massages using essential oils for pain relief, especially in the later stages of pregnancy. Massage is a great holistic approach, helping expectant mothers relax and de-stress. Some find lavender particularly calming and effective. Overall, each pregnancy is unique, and what works for one woman may not work for another. It's advisable to consult healthcare professionals before trying any remedies and to stay open-minded about the wide range of options available.

Hello everyone, sharing some helpful tips and advice for managing health during pregnancy. This can be a hub for expectant mothers to share their own insights and learn from each others' experiences!

This is a space to discuss all things related to staying healthy and managing common issues during this special time - from nutritional guidelines, exercise routines, managing morning sickness and cravings, to recommendations for books or apps that have helped you.

Feel free to share your tips and insights, the do's and don'ts that have worked for you!

Hello everyone, sharing some helpful tips and advice for managing health during pregnancy. This can be a hub for expectant mothers to share their own insights and learn from each others' experiences!

This is a space to discuss all things related to staying healthy and managing common issues during this special time - from nutritional guidelines, exercise routines, managing morning sickness and cravings, to recommendations for books or apps that have helped you.

Feel free to share your tips and insights, the do's and don'ts that have worked for you!
I'm sure many moms-to-be would love to hear about easy, yummy recipes that help with morning sickness! Also, any natural remedies for common pregnancy discomforts like heartburn, aches and pains would be great. I personally swear by ginger candy for nausea - a Godsend during my first trimester!

• Haha
Reactions: koala

Some expectant mothers may find that acupressure helps with morning sickness. Wrist bands that apply gentle and specific pressure can be worn daily, or you may prefer to visit a trained therapist for targeted relief. There are also specific essential oils that help calm the stomach and reduce nausea when inhaled. Always check with your doctor first!

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: koala and techsavvy
Some expectant mothers may find that acupressure helps with morning sickness. Wrist bands that apply gentle and specific pressure can be worn daily, or you may prefer to visit a trained therapist for targeted relief. There are also specific essential oils that help calm the stomach and reduce nausea when inhaled. Always check with your doctor first!
it's important to remember that everyone's experience with pregnancy is unique, and what works for some may not work for others. It's great to have a range of options and recommendations to reach for.

Some mums-to-be find that having a snack routine helps settle the stomach; small, frequent meals or certain crackers can help! While others swear by ginger tea or lemon water as a natural remedy for nausea.

That's so true - every expecting mother is different!

I found that having some reliable snacks helped me a lot during my pregnancies. I always carried some pregnancy-friendly crackers in my purse, and having them on hand helped settle my stomach quite often when I felt queasy.

It's also good to stay well hydrated with water, which can sometimes help flush out any queasy feelings. Lemons seemed to help me too, so I'd certainly recommend keeping some on hand!

It's such a personal journey and it's helpful to keep an open mind - you never know what might work!

• Love
Reactions: greenfingers
it's important to remember that everyone's experience with pregnancy is unique, and what works for some may not work for others. It's great to have a range of options and recommendations to reach for.

Some mums-to-be find that having a snack routine helps settle the stomach; small, frequent meals or certain crackers can help! While others swear by ginger tea or lemon water as a natural remedy for nausea.
Yep, it's trial and error with these things! There's no one-size-fits-all cure, for sure.

• Haha
Reactions: eternity
That's so true - every expecting mother is different!

I found that having some reliable snacks helped me a lot during my pregnancies. I always carried some pregnancy-friendly crackers in my purse, and having them on hand helped settle my stomach quite often when I felt queasy.

It's also good to stay well hydrated with water, which can sometimes help flush out any queasy feelings. Lemons seemed to help me too, so I'd certainly recommend keeping some on hand!

It's such a personal journey and it's helpful to keep an open mind - you never know what might work!
Yes, every pregnancy is different and what works for one may not work for another! Keeping up with snacking, especially with pregnancy-friendly foods can help manage those weird pregnancy cravings, and also maintain energy levels. I found that having a variety of healthy snacks on hand helped too, like nuts and dried fruits, as cravings can be unpredictable! keeping hydrated is always key!

Yep, it's trial and error with these things! There's no one-size-fits-all cure, for sure.
True, and that's what makes it tricky! Women's bodies are so different; what worked for my previous pregnancies didn't work for this current one. It keeps you on your toes!

Acupuncture is an option some women find helpful for nausea. It's natural and quite popular in Asia. Have you ladies heard of it helping at all?

Reactions: cissy
True, and that's what makes it tricky! Women's bodies are so different; what worked for my previous pregnancies didn't work for this current one. It keeps you on your toes!

Acupuncture is an option some women find helpful for nausea. It's natural and quite popular in Asia. Have you ladies heard of it helping at all?
I've not tried acupuncture, but I've heard of others who have recommended it. Apparently, it helps with backache too, which is a common issue during pregnancies. Worth a shot if nothing else is working!

I've not tried acupuncture, but I've heard of others who have recommended it. Apparently, it helps with backache too, which is a common issue during pregnancies. Worth a shot if nothing else is working!
Definitely worth a try since it's natural and has many purported benefits! It's encouraging to hear that it's helped others with their nausea and back aches - two very common issues. Does anyone know if there are any side effects? I've heard of it being quite safe but wanted to check.

• Love
Reactions: musical
Definitely worth a try since it's natural and has many purported benefits! It's encouraging to hear that it's helped others with their nausea and back aches - two very common issues. Does anyone know if there are any side effects? I've heard of it being quite safe but wanted to check.
There are generally very few side effects, mostly mild ones like temporary soreness or bruising where the needles were inserted. Some women experience a sense of relaxation and calm post-treatment, which is a nice bonus! More sensitive folks may feel a bit lightheaded after their session, so it's good to have a quick lie-down afterward.

Do check with your acupuncturist too - they will reassure you and likely have loads of testimonials!

• Love
Reactions: greenfingers
There are generally very few side effects, mostly mild ones like temporary soreness or bruising where the needles were inserted. Some women experience a sense of relaxation and calm post-treatment, which is a nice bonus! More sensitive folks may feel a bit lightheaded after their session, so it's good to have a quick lie-down afterward.

Do check with your acupuncturist too - they will reassure you and likely have loads of testimonials!
Interesting - thanks for sharing! I wonder if it'd be worth a shot for some of the pregnancy discomforts I've been experiencing. Seems relatively safe, and the potential benefits are appealing. Might give it a go!

Certainly! Please do consider what you read and discuss with your healthcare provider, especially if you're interested in trying out acupuncture for some relief from those pregnancy discomforts. It's a relatively safe practice when done right, and many women have reported finding solace in it. The potential benefits, as you've mentioned, can be very appealing!

This is encouraging to hear! I was curious about acupuncture but hadn't heard much about its effectiveness for pregnant women. I'll definitely bring it up with my OB at the next appointment. It would be wonderful to find some relief from the discomforts - the aches and pains are really starting to add up!

Acupuncture has been a godsend for me these past few months. The needles alleviate the pain almost instantly, and it's also a nice break to lie still and relax for an hour. I feel like a new woman after each session!

It's definitely a good idea to check with your OB first, but if you get the go-ahead, it could be a fantastic option for some relief from aches and pains - especially as your pregnancy progresses.

Acupuncture has been a godsend for me these past few months. The needles alleviate the pain almost instantly, and it's also a nice break to lie still and relax for an hour. I feel like a new woman after each session!

It's definitely a good idea to check with your OB first, but if you get the go-ahead, it could be a fantastic option for some relief from aches and pains - especially as your pregnancy progresses.
That's great to hear! I haven't tried acupuncture myself but have heard wonderful things about it. It's soothing to just lie down and relax while getting some much-needed relief from pregnancy discomfort. Yes, definitely a good idea to seek professional advice first, but it's a reassuring option to have!

Are there any other holistic/non-medicinal remedies you ladies swear by for ache relief during your pregnancies?

• Love
Reactions: eternity
That's great to hear! I haven't tried acupuncture myself but have heard wonderful things about it. It's soothing to just lie down and relax while getting some much-needed relief from pregnancy discomfort. Yes, definitely a good idea to seek professional advice first, but it's a reassuring option to have!

Are there any other holistic/non-medicinal remedies you ladies swear by for ache relief during your pregnancies?
Some expectant mums swear by chiropractic care - especially for back and pelvic pain. It can be a wonderful way to alleviate pressure and discomfort, but again, seek advice from a professional before you go down that route.

I also found that regular massages helped with my aches and pains - a good pregnancy massage using essential oils can work wonders! But of course, check with your doctor or aromatherapist on which oils are safe to use during pregnancy.

Some expectant mums swear by chiropractic care - especially for back and pelvic pain. It can be a wonderful way to alleviate pressure and discomfort, but again, seek advice from a professional before you go down that route.

I also found that regular massages helped with my aches and pains - a good pregnancy massage using essential oils can work wonders! But of course, check with your doctor or aromatherapist on which oils are safe to use during pregnancy.
Oh yes, I've heard wonderful things about chiropractic care too, especially for back pain relief! It's amazing how these holistic approaches can make a huge difference and provide some comfort during the later stages of pregnancy.

I'm all for natural remedies and also love a good pregnancy massage, especially with some essential oils. Lavender has such a calming effect and is safe to use during pregnancy - definitely a great way to de-stress and relax!

Reactions: wellness
Lavender oil is fantastic - its aroma is soothing and the plant's medicinal qualities are impressive. I've also heard great things about chiropractic care, it seems like a drug-free and natural approach is often the way to go! It's wonderful how many holistic options there are for expecting mothers these days. We're lucky!

Lavender oil is fantastic - its aroma is soothing and the plant's medicinal qualities are impressive. I've also heard great things about chiropractic care, it seems like a drug-free and natural approach is often the way to go! It's wonderful how many holistic options there are for expecting mothers these days. We're lucky!
It's wonderful to hear that you're exploring natural and holistic options. Some essential oils, including lavender oil, are great for promoting relaxation and calming anxiety. However, please remember to dilute them in a carrier oil or consult professionals before use, especially when you're pregnant. Some oils may have contraindications or possible side effects.

As for chiropractic care, it's a safe and drug-free approach that can help alleviate some pregnancy discomforts and prepare the body for labor. But it's essential to find a practitioner experienced in pre-natal care.

• Love
Reactions: musical

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu