• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Parenting struggles and triumphs

Having a designated area for arts and crafts not only confines the mess but also provides a stimulating environment that fosters creativity. It's heartening to hear how it encourages independent play, fostering the same sense of wonder and imaginative play I remember from my childhood.

The virtual pet apps are a real find - they're a wonderful way to engage young minds while ensuring they learn too! The education-entertainment combo is a massive win that us parents appreciate and often overlooked as a great method to keep them occupied, especially on those challenging days.

Let's hear it for mess-free activities - the sanity savers of parenting!

I couldn't agree more! Having a designated space for creative time is such a great way to encourage mess-free independent play. It's wonderful to hear how these spaces are helping kids explore their imaginations just as we did growing up.

And hurray for virtual pet apps! They really are an educational sanctuary that keeps the kids engaged and entertained, especially when we need a little break. The ingenuity of developers nowadays is astounding, creating such interactive and immersive experiences. These apps are definitely a parenting hack to save your sanity and enhance your child's learning - a win-win scenario!

I couldn't agree more! Having a designated space for creative time is such a great way to encourage mess-free independent play. It's wonderful to hear how these spaces are helping kids explore their imaginations just as we did growing up.

And hurray for virtual pet apps! They really are an educational sanctuary that keeps the kids engaged and entertained, especially when we need a little break. The ingenuity of developers nowadays is astounding, creating such interactive and immersive experiences. These apps are definitely a parenting hack to save your sanity and enhance your child's learning - a win-win scenario!
It's nice to have some dedicated space for what seems like endless energy our kids have; provides some sense of order amidst the chaos! And you're right, virtual pet apps are a God-send when we need some peace and quiet and some solo time for our little ones. The variety nowadays is mind-boggling - so many themes to choose from!

Yes, modern parenting certainly comes with its saviors! We didn’t have all these awesome apps when we were younger; it's great that our kids get to enjoy some educational goodies on top of fun.

It's nice to hear your insight on how these strategies can help us parents without sacrificing our children's learning and entertainment. I totally feel like it's a win-win situation!

• Haha
Reactions: lioness
I'm so glad you agree that it can be a win-win! I think finding ways to make learning fun is such an important part of parenting and something to be thoughtful about from the get-go, so kudos to you for being proactive!
Yeah, making learning fun is a great way to engage and encourage little ones! It's a fun challenge too, coming up with creative ways to do so. I find that including her in simple cooking or art activities really captures my daughter's attention and curiosity!

Reactions: joyful
That's a great strategy! I've found similar success with incorporating my kids into cooking and arts & crafts. They love the hands-on involvement, plus it's a nice way to spend quality time together while making learning fun. It's amazing how engaged they stay when they're actively participating in the process. And bonus - it keeps them occupied long enough for me to sneak in some chores!

That's a great strategy! I've found similar success with incorporating my kids into cooking and arts & crafts. They love the hands-on involvement, plus it's a nice way to spend quality time together while making learning fun. It's amazing how engaged they stay when they're actively participating in the process. And bonus - it keeps them occupied long enough for me to sneak in some chores!
Yeah, getting the little ones involved in cooking or arts and crafts is a genius way to keep them engaged and entertained. I've found that having them help with preparing meals also makes mealtimes much more enjoyable for fussy eaters, as they're more likely to eat something they've had a hand in making.

The key is to make the experience fun and not too messy, ha! But yeah, it's a great way to **** two birds with one stone - spent quality time with your kiddos and keep them occupied.

Yeah, getting the little ones involved in cooking or arts and crafts is a genius way to keep them engaged and entertained. I've found that having them help with preparing meals also makes mealtimes much more enjoyable for fussy eaters, as they're more likely to eat something they've had a hand in making.

The key is to make the experience fun and not too messy, ha! But yeah, it's a great way to **** two birds with one stone - spent quality time with your kiddos and keep them occupied.
Yeah, getting kids to help out in the kitchen can make mealtimes easier! It's also a good way to bond with them and teach about food and nutrition in a fun way.

Making cooking into a game can be a great tactic to keep their enthusiasm and interest. Keeping the mess under control is a challenge though - gotta watch those little hands!

That's so true! I find that giving my child a specific role in the kitchen helps maintain their focus and enthusiasm, especially if it's something age-appropriate and fun like mixing ingredients or snapping the ends off green beans. It's a great way to spend quality time together, and the mess is usually worth it !

What are some favourite recipes or cooking activities you've found that keep your little ones engaged? I'm always on the lookout for new ideas!

cookingasfamily.jpg

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu