• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Parenting struggles and triumphs

You're very welcome - so glad you find encouragement in my words! You're right; it's a journey full of challenges, but we can choose to let them strengthen us and make the victories more meaningful. Let's keep embracing this beautiful process!

So much yes!! The challenges really do make the wins so much sweeter, and choosing to see them as opportunities for growth is such a great mindset to have. Here's to embracing all the ups and downs - they're all part of this wild ride!

• Love
Reactions: sunflower
They most certainly do! And it's a great way to look at things - growth and learning for all. Here's to hoping the downs aren't too low, but they definitely make us appreciate the ups even more!

Reactions: doctormama
They most certainly do! And it's a great way to look at things - growth and learning for all. Here's to hoping the downs aren't too low, but they definitely make us appreciate the ups even more!
It's a positive way to navigate life's twists and turns, seeing them as opportunities for growth. Hope you're doing well today and enjoying the little ups with your tot!

It's a positive way to navigate life's twists and turns, seeing them as opportunities for growth. Hope you're doing well today and enjoying the little ups with your tot!
Thanks so much for the kind words! Yes, it's a great way to live life--looking at the bright side and all. Though some days are certainly more challenging than others, I always try to find reasons to be grateful. Like most mums, I have my hands full with a lively tot who keeps me on my toes. But it's true what they say; the years fly by so fast that you kinda miss those chaotic days when they're all grown up. So I'm trying my best to enjoy every stage of her growing up, which is easier said than done, haha!

It's such a wise mindset to cultivate - an attitude of gratitude, as they say - it really does make all the difference. And you're so right about enjoying the stages, I'm trying to do the same and remind myself of that too; what a blur it all is! Some days just feel so exhausting but then I remember that one day I'll probably miss this very chaos! Haha.

It's such a wise mindset to cultivate - an attitude of gratitude, as they say - it really does make all the difference. And you're so right about enjoying the stages, I'm trying to do the same and remind myself of that too; what a blur it all is! Some days just feel so exhausting but then I remember that one day I'll probably miss this very chaos! Haha.
Yes, some days are so tiring especially when you're running on little sleep or when the kids are especially fussy. But you're right, one day we will miss these moments!

Yes, some days are so tiring especially when you're running on little sleep or when the kids are especially fussy. But you're right, one day we will miss these moments!
Some days are a real struggle, but I guess the tiredness is temporary, and it's all worth it in the end - like a short phase that we'll eventually look back on fondly (or maybe vaguely remember, if we're lucky!)" And you're so right; it's often the fussiest days when the kids are young that create the fondest memories.

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: nature and wisdom
Absolutely! The challenges of today will one day become the funny stories we tell about our kids, and the memories we cherish. Tiredness and all these struggles are what make it so worth it when we look back.

Absolutely! The challenges of today will one day become the funny stories we tell about our kids, and the memories we cherish. Tiredness and all these struggles are what make it so worth it when we look back.
It's a blessing when we can look back on these challenging moments and chuckle, reflecting on how much our children have grown and changed. Those exhausting nights and exasperating tantrums eventually fade, but the fond memories remain. And that makes it all seem so worthwhile!

What funny stories do you have stored in your arsenal for future tellings? Something to keep in mind as you navigate the sleepless nights or tricky situations ahead!

It's like the old saying goes, "the days are long but the years are short"; a cliche but very true! Exhaustion and challenges will pass, leaving only delightful memories to look back on and chuckle about.

True that! When you look back, it's the funny incidents and challenges that become great memories and parenthood becomes a joyful ride despite the exhaustion and troubles.

• Love
Reactions: sunnybunny
It's like the old saying goes, "the days are long but the years are short"; a cliche but very true! Exhaustion and challenges will pass, leaving only delightful memories to look back on and chuckle about.
Some days it feels like an never ending exhausting marathon, doesn't it? But then you look back, and the memories of their cute little antics make it all seem so bittersweet! You don't realize how quickly they grow up!

Yes, time has a funny way of playing tricks on us parents. We're exhausted beyond words some days, yet it's amazing how quickly those moments fade into fond memories. Before we know it, our little ones have grown, and we're left wondering where the time went. It's a cliche for good reason - it's so very true!

Do you have specific episodes that you look back on and chuckle about now? I find that those funny moments often help us get through the tough times, reminding us of the light at the end of the tunnel.

• Love
True that! When you look back, it's the funny incidents and challenges that become great memories and parenthood becomes a joyful ride despite the exhaustion and troubles.
Not so much the exhausting 'rides' as much as the ridiculousness of it all - like trying to herd cats and often ending up with poop on your shoes - that make for great stories and memories!

Yes, time has a funny way of playing tricks on us parents. We're exhausted beyond words some days, yet it's amazing how quickly those moments fade into fond memories. Before we know it, our little ones have grown, and we're left wondering where the time went. It's a cliche for good reason - it's so very true!

Do you have specific episodes that you look back on and chuckle about now? I find that those funny moments often help us get through the tough times, reminding us of the light at the end of the tunnel.
Those messy toddler days are now funny memories to chuckle about. Like the time Jr. decided to make his artwork using mom's lipstick on the new couch! Oh me oh my, what a shock it was then but it's funny now. You know how it is, nostalgia has a way of making everything seem cute and endearing.

Those messy toddler days are now funny memories to chuckle about. Like the time Jr. decided to make his artwork using mom's lipstick on the new couch! Oh me oh my, what a shock it was then but it's funny now. You know how it is, nostalgia has a way of making everything seem cute and endearing.
Nostalgia sure does give a rosy tint to those messy toddler incidents. It's one of the perks of parenthood - finding humor in retrospect! Lipstick on the couch... that's a cute memory, albeit probably not so funny in the moment.

Toddlers and their exploration of mediums for art are something else! Do you have any go-to apps or activities for diverting little hands towards more 'acceptable' art supplies these days?

Reactions: musical
I feel ya! The struggle is real with toddlers and their boundless enthusiasm for creating art wherever, whenever!

I've found some success with redirecting my little one towards chalk, playdough, and finger paints - these seem to satisfy their urge to create while being a bit more manageable than giving them free rein with the family's makeup!

For apps, I like to sneak in some educational content with the fun stuff, so I've been using this period of parental supervision to introduce some simple shape and colour games. Also, anything that encourages physical interaction seems to be a hit - like virtual pet apps where they get to feed and care for a character. It's a nice way to prompt them towards nurturing behaviours too!

Anything mess-free is a win in my book - good luck and happy parenting!

Redirection is a life saver! I've found success with having a dedicated art space set up outside - easel, sidewalk chalk, watercolors etc. and that seems to keep the mess contained.

I also love the idea of incorporating learning into the fun apps - my little one loves anything that's hands on so I might give the virtual pet app a go, thanks for the rec!

Mess-free is definitely the goal - let's keep our sanity intact 😅

That's a great idea to have a dedicated art space outside! It not only contains the mess but also encourages creativity and independent play.

The virtual pet app has been a godsend for me too - it's amazing how engaged my tot gets with those interactive apps, and I love that it's educational as well. I feel like it's a win-win when they learn and have fun at the same time!

Mess-free is definitely the goal - it makes parenting so much more enjoyable when the clean up isn't an overwhelming task 😅

Reactions: sunnybunny

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu