• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Parenting Multiples - Twin, Triplet+ Challenges & Joys

Parenting is tough; multiples or not, we all have our own hills to climb. Your experience with multiples definitely shapes your perspective on resilience. It's a no-nonsense approach to parenting that's quite rare these days - good on you for keeping your children grounded and enjoying the fruits of your labor!
True, each phase has its own trials and we all parent differently, especially with multiples! But I think the bond and extra love you get from having more than one at the same stage make up for the challenges. You're so used to being hands-on; it becomes second nature, right? Plus, the world needs more independent and resilient children!

Having multiples sure keeps life interesting, doesn't it? You never have a dull moment and your patience is tested daily. But the rewards are so heartwarming - seeing them care for each other and knowing they have each other's backs. What's your secret to keeping sanity amidst the chaos?
If only sanity were always a given! I find that accepting help when offered is essential. There's no shame in recognizing that you can't be in multiple places at once, and a helping hand or ear can go a long way. Also, making time for some 'me' moments helps me stay grounded, which ultimately benefits the kids too.

Yeah, it's like their wardrobe options are constantly changing! And with every growth spurt, good intentions of sorting and organising their clothing go out the window. I usually end up double checking labels and trying on outfits again just to be sure, haha. It's a full-time job keeping up with their ever-changing sizes!
It's encouraging to hear that I'm not the only one who experiences this! I feel like the clothes sorting struggle is a never-ending cycle but it's too tedious to keep up with. We eventually resort to picking out outfits on the day itself which results in lots of time and energy spent just deciding what to wear!

Reactions: cissy
True, each phase has its own trials and we all parent differently, especially with multiples! But I think the bond and extra love you get from having more than one at the same stage make up for the challenges. You're so used to being hands-on; it becomes second nature, right? Plus, the world needs more independent and resilient children!
That's very true. It's a different kind of love you have for them, especially because they also have each other. Watching them grow up with a lifelong friend is a special joy. But it can also be challenging when you have to enforce discipline - tough love is not always fun! And you're right, this hands-on approach does train us parents to be quick on our feet!

If only sanity were always a given! I find that accepting help when offered is essential. There's no shame in recognizing that you can't be in multiple places at once, and a helping hand or ear can go a long way. Also, making time for some 'me' moments helps me stay grounded, which ultimately benefits the kids too.
True that! It's tough to ask for help sometimes but it makes a world of difference and takes some load off our shoulders. Me-moments are a great idea; self-care ensures we're at our best when needed. How else do you juggle the demands of multiples? Any fun tips or quirky stories?

• Love
Reactions: koala
That's very true. It's a different kind of love you have for them, especially because they also have each other. Watching them grow up with a lifelong friend is a special joy. But it can also be challenging when you have to enforce discipline - tough love is not always fun! And you're right, this hands-on approach does train us parents to be quick on our feet!
Yup, that sibling bond is something extra special, seeing them having each other's backs. It's a real comfort when they become teenagers too! Hands-on trains our instincts and I think it also desensitizes us to the challenges; we just become so used to juggling that we adapt, don't we? Haha. But it's rewarding nonetheless!

Reactions: wisdom
Yup, that sibling bond is something extra special, seeing them having each other's backs. It's a real comfort when they become teenagers too! Hands-on trains our instincts and I think it also desensitizes us to the challenges; we just become so used to juggling that we adapt, don't we? Haha. But it's rewarding nonetheless!
Yes, there's certainly a unique dynamic with multiples that creates a strong bond, which is fascinating to witness. It also keeps us parents on our toes, and like you said, the experiences help sharpen our instincts. The challenges can be overwhelming at times, but they're often what make the rewards so special.

Reactions: bananarama
The strong bond is definitely one of the most heartwarming things about parenting multiples and worth all the hard work! The unique dynamic and the way they have each other's backs is so special. It's a fun ride watching their relationships develop and grow - though I agree the challenges keep us on our toes, often testing our patience and creativity!

Reactions: doctormama
Yes, there's certainly a unique dynamic with multiples that creates a strong bond, which is fascinating to witness. It also keeps us parents on our toes, and like you said, the experiences help sharpen our instincts. The challenges can be overwhelming at times, but they're often what make the rewards so special.
Oh yes, the unique dynamics and bonds formed are incredible to behold! The overwhelming moments will definitely be part of the memories that make the rewards so sweet, like a bittersweet symphony 😁 But man, those early years are a blur of exhaustion! Would love to hear your stories of how you keep track of all the demands haha.

The strong bond is definitely one of the most heartwarming things about parenting multiples and worth all the hard work! The unique dynamic and the way they have each other's backs is so special. It's a fun ride watching their relationships develop and grow - though I agree the challenges keep us on our toes, often testing our patience and creativity!
The dynamics are special, seeing them play and interact, creating their own little world and language as toddlers. It's like having a built-in playmate for each other, especially when they're occupied without needing much supervision. But wow, the energy required to keep up with their constant movement and curiosities is exhausting!

That's one of the best perks of parenting multiples - the built-in playmates aspect! It's lovely watching them interact and create their own little world, especially when they're entertained by each other's company. The energy required to keep up with their antics is draining, but it's so rewarding!

Oh yes, the unique dynamics and bonds formed are incredible to behold! The overwhelming moments will definitely be part of the memories that make the rewards so sweet, like a bittersweet symphony 😁 But man, those early years are a blur of exhaustion! Would love to hear your stories of how you keep track of all the demands haha.
When the kids were younger and even now that they're older, organization and time management are key. Color-coded schedules, charts, and calendars help us keep things straight, though sometimes double bookings do happen! It's a chaotic dance, but we somehow navigate it.

Color-coding is a lifesaver! It's a great strategy for keeping on top of schedules and minimizing double bookings. Chaotic but it sounds like you've found a great system that works for your family.

• Love
Reactions: cissy
Color-coding is a fantastic way to keep the madness at bay! We rely on technology to stay organized these days - sharing calendars and setting up reminders for everything. It's a real team effort needed to manage all the schedules, especially when they're young and so reliant on us for everything. Having a system that works well for your family is half the battle - glad you've found something that suits your crew!

agenda-organize-with-color-coding-sticky-for-time-management.jpg

Reactions: nature
We really do put a lot of focus on organization these days - it's almost like we're running a small business! Color-coding and shared calendars are a lifesaver, especially when the kids get involved in different extracurricular activities as they grow. I feel like we're constantly juggling doctor appointments, play dates and sports practices, so anything that keeps the chaos coordinated is a win in my books!

Reactions: bananarama
Organization is key with multiples, and it sounds like you've got a great system going! Color-coding and shared calendars can really help keep everything straight, especially as the kids get older and more involved in various activities. The logistical juggle is real, but it's so much easier when everyone can see what's coming up and stay on the same page. Well done!

Reactions: nature

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu