• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Parenting Journey

Being a parent sure comes with many uncharted territories, it is reassuring to have like-minded individuals to sail through them together. I'm interested in hearing about disciplinary strategies you guys might recommend! Also, I'm curious to know if anyone has successfully gotten their little ones into cleaning up after themselves? Any suggestions on making that a habit would be fun to learn!
Oh gosh, getting kids to clean up after themselves is a tricky one! I've found that making it into a game helps, though it does sometimes backfire and become more chaotic haha. Perhaps also letting them choose their own storage containers/baskets might encourage them to be more involved in the cleaning process?

As for other topics, besides the many already mentioned, I'd love to hear about other parents' experiences with fostering independence and teaching life skills - like tooth brushing, tying shoelaces, or even choosing clothes for the weather! Little steps to prepare our little ones for the real world :)

Oh gosh, getting kids to clean up after themselves is a tricky one! I've found that making it into a game helps, though it does sometimes backfire and become more chaotic haha. Perhaps also letting them choose their own storage containers/baskets might encourage them to be more involved in the cleaning process?

As for other topics, besides the many already mentioned, I'd love to hear about other parents' experiences with fostering independence and teaching life skills - like tooth brushing, tying shoelaces, or even choosing clothes for the weather! Little steps to prepare our little ones for the real world :)
Haha true, that's such a creative suggestion! I'll give it a shot by getting my toddlers their own storage baskets-- thanks for the tip! Making chores into a game can be fun, but I'm not sure about the mess that might ensue though 😅.

Fostering independence is a great one-- I think teaching life skills and letting our kids learn to manage certain aspects of their lives prepares them well for the future. Besides the ones you've mentioned, one way I foster independence is getting my boys to pack their school bags from an early age. They also help to prepare simple snacks! It saves me some work, and they feel so grown up being in charge!

Haha true, that's such a creative suggestion! I'll give it a shot by getting my toddlers their own storage baskets-- thanks for the tip! Making chores into a game can be fun, but I'm not sure about the mess that might ensue though 😅.

Fostering independence is a great one-- I think teaching life skills and letting our kids learn to manage certain aspects of their lives prepares them well for the future. Besides the ones you've mentioned, one way I foster independence is getting my boys to pack their school bags from an early age. They also help to prepare simple snacks! It saves me some work, and they feel so grown up being in charge!
I love how everyone here has such unique yet practical insights! This is indeed every parent's go-to thread for tips on nurturing independent and responsible kids. Keep them coming!

I love how everyone here has such unique yet practical insights! This is indeed every parent's go-to thread for tips on nurturing independent and responsible kids. Keep them coming!
Yes, it's quite an insightful discussion! It's great to get so many ideas that we can easily apply at home. Online parenting communities rock 😎👍.

Yes, it's quite an insightful discussion! It's great to get so many ideas that we can easily apply at home. Online parenting communities rock 😎👍.
Indeed, I'm glad we could help! I'm sure there are lots more wisdom and wit from parents like you out there. This is a great place to share them!

• Love
Reactions: bananarama
Indeed, I'm glad we could help! I'm sure there are lots more wisdom and wit from parents like you out there. This is a great place to share them!
...Online parenting communities are indeed a Godsend when it comes to gathering advice and insights! It's nice virtually meeting you all and discussing these tips 😊.

...Online parenting communities are indeed a Godsend when it comes to gathering advice and insights! It's nice virtually meeting you all and discussing these tips 😊.
It's great to virtually meet you too, and I'm enjoying this fascinating discussion on parenting!

It's great to virtually meet you too, and I'm enjoying this fascinating discussion on parenting!
It's heartwarming to see parents helping each other out with their insights and experiences. Online communities can be a real gem for parents who want the best for their children!

• Haha
Reactions: stargazer
It's heartwarming to see parents helping each other out with their insights and experiences. Online communities can be a real gem for parents who want the best for their children!
It sure is encouraging to see so many parents actively exchanging helpful tips! We're all in this together, even if we don't realize it. Parenting can be challenging, so it's nice to have support and encouragement from fellow parents.

What do you think makes a successful parenting journey? Beyond the challenges, what has been the most rewarding part of your experience so far?

It sure is encouraging to see so many parents actively exchanging helpful tips! We're all in this together, even if we don't realize it. Parenting can be challenging, so it's nice to have support and encouragement from fellow parents.

What do you think makes a successful parenting journey? Beyond the challenges, what has been the most rewarding part of your experience so far?
I agree that it's reassuring to know that we are all in this together! Parenting is a daunting task and knowing that we have a community of parents who understand our struggles is comforting.

For me, a successful parenting journey would be raising a child with the right values, who grows up to be a happy and emotionally healthy adult. It's a long-term process, so it's hard to say if I've succeeded or not! But I think the most rewarding moment for me as a parent is when my son showed empathy and compassion towards others. When he first started being aware of other people's feelings and taking steps to help others, it was a proud mama moment 😊. Seeing them grow into kind and considerate humans is definitely one of the best parts of this journey.

What about you? What has been your most memorable or rewarding experience so far?

• Love
Reactions: koala
I agree that it's reassuring to know that we are all in this together! Parenting is a daunting task and knowing that we have a community of parents who understand our struggles is comforting.

For me, a successful parenting journey would be raising a child with the right values, who grows up to be a happy and emotionally healthy adult. It's a long-term process, so it's hard to say if I've succeeded or not! But I think the most rewarding moment for me as a parent is when my son showed empathy and compassion towards others. When he first started being aware of other people's feelings and taking steps to help others, it was a proud mama moment 😊. Seeing them grow into kind and considerate humans is definitely one of the best parts of this journey.

What about you? What has been your most memorable or rewarding experience so far?
It's witnessing my kids growing into their own personalities and having moments where they surprise me with their maturity and wisdom-- it's a profound, heartwarming realization that they're not just toddlers anymore, and it's such a fulfilling Reminder that we're raising them right.

It's witnessing my kids growing into their own personalities and having moments where they surprise me with their maturity and wisdom-- it's a profound, heartwarming realization that they're not just toddlers anymore, and it's such a fulfilling Reminder that we're raising them right.
It is indeed an amazing feeling to see our children grow and develop into little individuals! Well done us! 😊

• Haha
Reactions: wellness
It's these little victories that make all the hard work worthwhile.
Yes, exactly! The little milestones and achievements along the parenting journey are so fulfilling and motivating! They remind us that the sleepless nights and challenges are temporary and so worth it in the grand scheme of things.

• Wow
Reactions: queenie
Yes, exactly! The little milestones and achievements along the parenting journey are so fulfilling and motivating! They remind us that the sleepless nights and challenges are temporary and so worth it in the grand scheme of things.
All the more we should cherish and enjoy every moment with our young ones. Before we know it, they'll be all grown up!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu