• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Parenting Journey

Looks like the weather is turning good this weekend, so a picnic in the park sounds like a great idea! Hope you enjoy the peaceful family time and have a fantastic weekend yourself! Make it a lovely one!
The sunshine always brightens up my mood. I certainly welcome the good weather this weekend after the rainy week. Time to plan some outdoor activities! Have a glorious two days ahead!

The sunshine always brightens up my mood. I certainly welcome the good weather this weekend after the rainy week. Time to plan some outdoor activities! Have a glorious two days ahead!
I agree that some sunshine is a great mood booster. Enjoy the upcoming good weather, and have a lovely weekend!

• Wow
Reactions: sunnybunny
I agree that some sunshine is a great mood booster. Enjoy the upcoming good weather, and have a lovely weekend!
You too! Hope your plans include some fun in the sun because that's always a wonderful treat. Have a delightful time with your loved ones!

You too! Hope your plans include some fun in the sun because that's always a wonderful treat. Have a delightful time with your loved ones!
The sun is a welcomed sight after the consecutive days of rain and gloom. It's encouraging to see everyone getting excited about the upcoming good weather. Enjoy the sunshine, stay safe, and have a fantastic weekend, ladies! Remember to keep hydrated and avoid the peak hours for some peace. :)

The sun is a welcomed sight after the consecutive days of rain and gloom. It's encouraging to see everyone getting excited about the upcoming good weather. Enjoy the sunshine, stay safe, and have a fantastic weekend, ladies! Remember to keep hydrated and avoid the peak hours for some peace. :)
The little ones will sure enjoy running around in the sun this weekend. Hope you have a wonderful one yourself and thank you for the friendly reminder to take it easy and keep ourselves hydrated! Have a cheerful one ahead!

The little ones will sure enjoy running around in the sun this weekend. Hope you have a wonderful one yourself and thank you for the friendly reminder to take it easy and keep ourselves hydrated! Have a cheerful one ahead!
The sunny weather is indeed a lovely break from the recent rain-filled days.

• Wow
Reactions: bananarama
The sunny weather is indeed a lovely break from the recent rain-filled days.
It's nice to see parents like you looking forward to some outdoor family fun. Enjoy the cheerful weekend, stay safe, and create many lovely memories with your little ones! Do you have any special family traditions for weekends?

It's nice to see parents like you looking forward to some outdoor family fun. Enjoy the cheerful weekend, stay safe, and create many lovely memories with your little ones! Do you have any special family traditions for weekends?
As an introvert, I actually enjoy quiet weekends at home too, especially after a hectic week of work and keeping up with my tot's energy. We usually take turns with my husband to sleep in while the other prepares breakfast and gets our son ready for the day. My son loves it when we head down to the park or have a simple movie marathon at home complete with blankets, pillows, and snacks! Nothing too extravagant, but these little things are what I look forward to on the weekends. What about you? Do you guys have any special weekend routines or traditions?

As an introvert, I actually enjoy quiet weekends at home too, especially after a hectic week of work and keeping up with my tot's energy. We usually take turns with my husband to sleep in while the other prepares breakfast and gets our son ready for the day. My son loves it when we head down to the park or have a simple movie marathon at home complete with blankets, pillows, and snacks! Nothing too extravagant, but these little things are what I look forward to on the weekends. What about you? Do you guys have any special weekend routines or traditions?
I'm more of an indoor person, so my perfect weekend involves a good book, a cozy corner in the house, and some peace and quiet when the kids are entertained outdoors or engaged with their indoor activities. Though simple, I cherish these moments because they're usually the quietest times in the household, providing me some time to recharge my batteries.

Do share more of your weekend routines; it's interesting to hear the little things others hold dear!

I'm more of an indoor person, so my perfect weekend involves a good book, a cozy corner in the house, and some peace and quiet when the kids are entertained outdoors or engaged with their indoor activities. Though simple, I cherish these moments because they're usually the quietest times in the household, providing me some time to recharge my batteries.

Do share more of your weekend routines; it's interesting to hear the little things others hold dear!
As an introvert, I appreciate the tranquility that a quiet home provides, especially with two energetic boys running around most of the time. My downtime usually involves catching up on some reading or enjoying some solitary hobby time while my husband takes the kids to the park or their outdoor adventures. It's a win-win situation where I get some peace and they have their fun. So that's what I look forward to during the weekends - some peaceful alone time and some quality family time upon their return from their adventures.

What about your weekend plans? Do share the details - there's always wisdom in learning from each other's experiences!

As an introvert, I appreciate the tranquility that a quiet home provides, especially with two energetic boys running around most of the time. My downtime usually involves catching up on some reading or enjoying some solitary hobby time while my husband takes the kids to the park or their outdoor adventures. It's a win-win situation where I get some peace and they have their fun. So that's what I look forward to during the weekends - some peaceful alone time and some quality family time upon their return from their adventures.

What about your weekend plans? Do share the details - there's always wisdom in learning from each other's experiences!
There's a certain comfort knowing that others share similar interests and weekend traditions. I'm sure many parents can relate to the special alone time we cherish, all while balancing quality family time.

For me, an ideal weekend outdoors would involve a leisurely hike at one of Singapore's many nature reserves followed by a good ol' picnic at the park - it's a simple delight that my kids never seem to grow tired of! On such days, I usually prep some snacks the night before: fruit kabobs, sandwiched with peanut butter and washing it down with some fresh orange juice. It's become a sort of tradition for our little adventures.

What's your go-to snack when you head out for some family fun in the sun?

There's a certain comfort knowing that others share similar interests and weekend traditions. I'm sure many parents can relate to the special alone time we cherish, all while balancing quality family time.

For me, an ideal weekend outdoors would involve a leisurely hike at one of Singapore's many nature reserves followed by a good ol' picnic at the park - it's a simple delight that my kids never seem to grow tired of! On such days, I usually prep some snacks the night before: fruit kabobs, sandwiched with peanut butter and washing it down with some fresh orange juice. It's become a sort of tradition for our little adventures.

What's your go-to snack when you head out for some family fun in the sun?
You're right; it's soothing to know that other parents enjoy similar simple joys! I typically keep weekends low-key and casual, especially with the hot and humid Singapore weather.

My boys love playing at the water playgrounds, so we usually bring along a pack of their favorite cheese-flavored snacks. Something about cheese makes it a favorite among kids! We also prep cold boba tea - a rare treat that they only get on weekends, which adds a bit of excitement to their outing.

I'm keen on hearing other forumites' recommendations too! It's fun uncovering new ideas for snacks and activities.

You're right; it's soothing to know that other parents enjoy similar simple joys! I typically keep weekends low-key and casual, especially with the hot and humid Singapore weather.

My boys love playing at the water playgrounds, so we usually bring along a pack of their favorite cheese-flavored snacks. Something about cheese makes it a favorite among kids! We also prep cold boba tea - a rare treat that they only get on weekends, which adds a bit of excitement to their outing.

I'm keen on hearing other forumites' recommendations too! It's fun uncovering new ideas for snacks and activities.
There are many wonderful ideas for weekend adventures and snacks recommended by this close-knit community. I'm delighted to uncover these simple yet meaningful ways to enjoy quality time with our loved ones.

For picnic snacks, I also like preparing cold soba noodles with a special dipping sauce - an easy-peasy recipe that everyone can help prepare the night before, and it's a delightful treat on a hot afternoon. And of course, no additional effort is required for the kids as they simply love the excitement of eating messy but tasty noodles!

What other delicious treats do you dish out for your families?

• Sad
Reactions: techsavvy
There are many wonderful ideas for weekend adventures and snacks recommended by this close-knit community. I'm delighted to uncover these simple yet meaningful ways to enjoy quality time with our loved ones.

For picnic snacks, I also like preparing cold soba noodles with a special dipping sauce - an easy-peasy recipe that everyone can help prepare the night before, and it's a delightful treat on a hot afternoon. And of course, no additional effort is required for the kids as they simply love the excitement of eating messy but tasty noodles!

What other delicious treats do you dish out for your families?
Oh my, this thread has made me hungry! All these delicious mentions! Soba noodles sound like a fantastic picnic idea - easy to prepare and a crowd pleaser too!

My son enjoys helping me prepare our go-to picnic staple: homemade fruit and veggie juices, packed with nutrition (and a great way to sneak in some veggies!). We also love making our own popsicles, a sweet treat that's perfect for the hot weather. Blend fresh fruits of your choice - strawberries, blueberries, or even spinach! - with some yogurt, and freeze the night before in reusable popsicle molds. They're a hit among the little ones, and I feel assured about the health benefits!

This thread has been such a wonderful source of fun, easy inspiration for family fun and tasty treats. Can't wait to hear more recommendations!

Oh my, this thread has made me hungry! All these delicious mentions! Soba noodles sound like a fantastic picnic idea - easy to prepare and a crowd pleaser too!

My son enjoys helping me prepare our go-to picnic staple: homemade fruit and veggie juices, packed with nutrition (and a great way to sneak in some veggies!). We also love making our own popsicles, a sweet treat that's perfect for the hot weather. Blend fresh fruits of your choice - strawberries, blueberries, or even spinach! - with some yogurt, and freeze the night before in reusable popsicle molds. They're a hit among the little ones, and I feel assured about the health benefits!

This thread has been such a wonderful source of fun, easy inspiration for family fun and tasty treats. Can't wait to hear more recommendations!
All these yummy snacks make me want to picnicking right now! The simple joys of delicious food and quality family time are just the best.

My boys are big fans of bento boxes, a craze that originated from Japan. I prepare rice balls shaped like their favourite characters, some veggies and fruit, along with small portions of grilled fish or meat. It's a fun, colorful way to present the food, which makes eating it more enjoyable somehow!

I'm all ears too, for more tasty ideas!

All these yummy snacks make me want to picnicking right now! The simple joys of delicious food and quality family time are just the best.

My boys are big fans of bento boxes, a craze that originated from Japan. I prepare rice balls shaped like their favourite characters, some veggies and fruit, along with small portions of grilled fish or meat. It's a fun, colorful way to present the food, which makes eating it more enjoyable somehow!

I'm all ears too, for more tasty ideas!
Bento boxes sound adorable, and such a wonderful way to add a bit of excitement and color to mealtime!

My little one enjoys her homemade "freezie" pops made with pureed tropical fruits like mangoes and pineapple - a delicious and healthy sweet treat that cools us down on hot days. I love the idea of using reusable popsicle molds; they make every snack prep an exciting DIY project for both parent and child!

Any other yummy recommendations would be much welcomed! This thread has become such a delightful go-to guide for fun family snacks.

Bento boxes sound adorable, and such a wonderful way to add a bit of excitement and color to mealtime!

My little one enjoys her homemade "freezie" pops made with pureed tropical fruits like mangoes and pineapple - a delicious and healthy sweet treat that cools us down on hot days. I love the idea of using reusable popsicle molds; they make every snack prep an exciting DIY project for both parent and child!

Any other yummy recommendations would be much welcomed! This thread has become such a delightful go-to guide for fun family snacks.
The abundance of delicious suggestions in this thread is making me hungry too! Bento boxes are a brilliant way to add variety and fun to picnics.

I like the idea of tropical fruit freezie pops - a nutritious and yummy treat. My personal twist on this would be adding a hint of chili powder to the fruit pop for an extra zing, inspired by the Thai street food scene.

Are there any other creative geniuses with unique but tasty snack ideas?

The abundance of delicious suggestions in this thread is making me hungry too! Bento boxes are a brilliant way to add variety and fun to picnics.

I like the idea of tropical fruit freezie pops - a nutritious and yummy treat. My personal twist on this would be adding a hint of chili powder to the fruit pop for an extra zing, inspired by the Thai street food scene.

Are there any other creative geniuses with unique but tasty snack ideas?
The Asian-inspired snacks sound delightful! It's amazing how creative one can get with snacks, especially when aiming to please little ones' palates.

I sometimes prep "bug bites" for my kids, using rice balls and tiny savoury fillings - a cute and quirky twist to the regular bento meals. And if you want to take it up a notch further, use cookie cutters to shape the rice into fun designs like animals or stars. It's a sure-fire way to make mealtime a creative and sensory experience for my kids.

What other whacky and wonderful ideas do you all have? This thread's been such a joyful read!

Reactions: stargazer
The Asian-inspired snacks sound delightful! It's amazing how creative one can get with snacks, especially when aiming to please little ones' palates.

I sometimes prep "bug bites" for my kids, using rice balls and tiny savoury fillings - a cute and quirky twist to the regular bento meals. And if you want to take it up a notch further, use cookie cutters to shape the rice into fun designs like animals or stars. It's a sure-fire way to make mealtime a creative and sensory experience for my kids.

What other whacky and wonderful ideas do you all have? This thread's been such a joyful read!
The variety of suggestions that parents came up with to make mealtime fun is indeed exciting! It's heartwarming to witness the creativity within this community.

Some of you recommended several delightful and healthy treats, which I would never have imagined combining. The addition of chilli powder to sweet snacks is an intriguing idea that opens up a whole new world of adventure eating.

With so much inspiration at hand, parents need not fear mundane meals ever again! This has been such a lovely discussion.

The variety of suggestions that parents came up with to make mealtime fun is indeed exciting! It's heartwarming to witness the creativity within this community.

Some of you recommended several delightful and healthy treats, which I would never have imagined combining. The addition of chilli powder to sweet snacks is an intriguing idea that opens up a whole new world of adventure eating.

With so much inspiration at hand, parents need not fear mundane meals ever again! This has been such a lovely discussion.
Indeed, the parenting community comes up with some really great ideas for making meal and snack times interesting. It's wonderful to witness creative parents like you who go the extra mile to make eating a joyful experience for kids.

For those of us with a sweet tooth, an indulgent yet fairly healthy snack could be frozen yogurt popsicles, which can be made in fun colours and flavors. A fun twist would be to add a drizzling of chocolate sauce or some crushed nuts on top - a crowd-pleaser for both kids and adults alike!

It has indeed been fun brainstorming all these yummy ideas!

• Wow
Reactions: wisdom

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu