• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Nutrition solutions for little ones

Yup, baking is a fun way for the kids to learn and also practice their motor skills. I remember making quite a mess the first few times but it's all part of the fun and learning process! It's rewarding to see them enjoy the fruits of their labor (and mine too, cos I usually end up finishing what they don't eat).

What themes does everyone else use for baking activities? I typically go with characters that are popular with the kids at the moment, like those adorable Pandas or Hello Kitty. Easter and Christmas are also good themes which offer a lot of cute and fun ideas!
I sometimes bake space-themed treats, with rocket ships and planets as the design brief. My older one loves anything outer space related so it's a good way to entice him into the kitchen! There are lots of fun moulds and edible glitter too, which the kids love.

That sounds like such a fun way to engage your little one in the kitchen! Baking is a great way to sneekily teach about shapes, colours and now even nutrition, and the space theme makes it all the more exciting. Would love to hear some of your favourite healthy swaps you use when baking these treats - any recipes to share?

• Love
Reactions: lioness and queenie
That sounds like such a fun way to engage your little one in the kitchen! Baking is a great way to sneekily teach about shapes, colours and now even nutrition, and the space theme makes it all the more exciting. Would love to hear some of your favourite healthy swaps you use when baking these treats - any recipes to share?
I replace white flour with whole wheat flour, brown sugar instead of white, and add in mashed banana or apple sauce for extra nutrients and flavour! I also sneak in some blended oats into the batter for an extra nutritional punch. These treats are a win-win because my child loves them, and they provide some healthy fats and fiber!

I usually replace half the amount of sugar in the recipe with a healthier alternative like honey or maple syrup. It's also fun to replace white flour with nutty butter made from almonds or Hazelnuts for some additional nutrients and fiber!

For this particular space-themed bake, I'd recommend adding some cocoa powder to represent the dark cosmos and maybe even some strawberry or blueberry pieces as 'planet crumbs' - a fun way to get some fruit into the diet. These little additions pack quite the nutritious punch without compromising on taste!

What are some of your go-to nutritional swaps when baking up a storm?

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu