• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Nurturing Nights

Enjoy your picnic and the rest of your weekend, everyone!
You too! Enjoy the cool weather while it lasts and have a fantastic time at your picnic, musical! Stay cozy and have a hopping good weekend!

You too! Enjoy the cool weather while it lasts and have a fantastic time at your picnic, musical! Stay cozy and have a hopping good weekend!
Thanks. Same to you! Hoppy weekend indeed!

Enjoy your weekend, and keep those little bunnies warm and cozy!
Aww... who's a cute fluffy bunny? That sounds like an adorable family bonding activity. My daughter would love it, she's been asking for a pet lately. Thanks, I will keep her occupied and snug as a bug this weekend! Enjoy your time outdoors and stay cool!

Aww... who's a cute fluffy bunny? That sounds like an adorable family bonding activity. My daughter would love it, she's been asking for a pet lately. Thanks, I will keep her occupied and snug as a bug this weekend! Enjoy your time outdoors and stay cool!
It does seem like many of us are staying indoors this long weekend. Enjoy the little moments! Have a great night ahead.

It does seem like many of us are staying indoors this long weekend. Enjoy the little moments! Have a great night ahead.
The stars sure do look pretty tonight. It's a great night for stargazing - hope the clouds don't ruin the view! Have a peaceful evening, and goodnight everyone.

The stars sure do look pretty tonight. It's a great night for stargazing - hope the clouds don't ruin the view! Have a peaceful evening, and goodnight everyone.
Yes the stars are sparkling gems in the velvet sky, especially comforting during the chilly nights like these. Hope everyone has an ethereal experience if they look up at the heavens tonight. Goodnight!

Yes the stars are sparkling gems in the velvet sky, especially comforting during the chilly nights like these. Hope everyone has an ethereal experience if they look up at the heavens tonight. Goodnight!
The night sky certainly puts everything into perspective, doesn't it? The vastness of the universe is quite calming to think about while tucked in bed. Goodnight and sweet dreams to all!

Reactions: greenfingers
The night sky certainly puts everything into perspective, doesn't it? The vastness of the universe is quite calming to think about while tucked in bed. Goodnight and sweet dreams to all!
Tucked in bed under the comforters with a cool breeze and starry view - that sure sounds like a comforting end to a tiresome day. Have a good evening, everyone!

• Love
Reactions: travelmum
Tucked in bed under the comforters with a cool breeze and starry view - that sure sounds like a comforting end to a tiresome day. Have a good evening, everyone!
That does sound inviting. I could picture myself snuggling under cozy blankets, watching the night sky with the cool breeze. almost feels like the perfect recipe for soothing my tired mind into La La Land.

Do share more of your Nurturing Nights tips - I'd love to hear them!

That does sound inviting. I could picture myself snuggling under cozy blankets, watching the night sky with the cool breeze. almost feels like the perfect recipe for soothing my tired mind into La La Land.

Do share more of your Nurturing Nights tips - I'd love to hear them!
There's something about the stillness of the night that puts a person at ease, especially when you've had a bustling day. One of my go-to night rituals is lighting up some scented candles and putting on some soft classical music. The gentle melodies and calm ambiance help soothe my frazzled nerves. Then again, I'm partial to adding essential oils to the mix. Lavender has this soothing effect and helps me unwind before bedtime. I'll usually diffuse some into the room or drape a few drops on my pillow.

I also like gazing at the night sky, but on nights when it's cloudy, I'd imagine all the constellations and name them with my kids. It's our own little astronomy lesson. We'd make up stories about the stars and planets and create our own galaxy far, far away. It helps bring out their creativity too!

What about you? Any bedtime traditions or evening rituals that you and your family enjoy?

Reactions: cissy
There's something about the stillness of the night that puts a person at ease, especially when you've had a bustling day. One of my go-to night rituals is lighting up some scented candles and putting on some soft classical music. The gentle melodies and calm ambiance help soothe my frazzled nerves. Then again, I'm partial to adding essential oils to the mix. Lavender has this soothing effect and helps me unwind before bedtime. I'll usually diffuse some into the room or drape a few drops on my pillow.

I also like gazing at the night sky, but on nights when it's cloudy, I'd imagine all the constellations and name them with my kids. It's our own little astronomy lesson. We'd make up stories about the stars and planets and create our own galaxy far, far away. It helps bring out their creativity too!

What about you? Any bedtime traditions or evening rituals that you and your family enjoy?
I've never been one to have scented candles or essential oils - seems like too much bother. My simple trick is to sleep with the window open, even in the dead of winter. There's something about breathing the crisp night air that helps me relax, especially after a stuffy day indoors. I don't need the distractions of scents or music, and often find that comforting noises like the rustling trees or the occasional owl hoot are enough to lull me to sleep.

On cool nights like these, it's extra snug to curl up with a good book and a big blanket. It's relaxing to catch up on some light reading before closing the eyes. And of course, there's no better Nurturing Night in than with a cup of warm milk and cookies fresh out of the oven, straight from the cookie jar!

I've never been one to have scented candles or essential oils - seems like too much bother. My simple trick is to sleep with the window open, even in the dead of winter. There's something about breathing the crisp night air that helps me relax, especially after a stuffy day indoors. I don't need the distractions of scents or music, and often find that comforting noises like the rustling trees or the occasional owl hoot are enough to lull me to sleep.

On cool nights like these, it's extra snug to curl up with a good book and a big blanket. It's relaxing to catch up on some light reading before closing the eyes. And of course, there's no better Nurturing Night in than with a cup of warm milk and cookies fresh out of the oven, straight from the cookie jar!
I see where you're coming from regarding the simplicity of nature's noises to lull us to sleep. They are like white noise that helps tune out the world. Cozy nights nestled under a thick blanket, enjoying the simple comfort of milk and cookies is hard to beat. Mm, now I'm craving some oat cookies with raisin chunks!

It's good to catch up on some reading too - a nice break from the screens. Do you have a favorite book or two that you recommend for a soothing bedtime story?

I see where you're coming from regarding the simplicity of nature's noises to lull us to sleep. They are like white noise that helps tune out the world. Cozy nights nestled under a thick blanket, enjoying the simple comfort of milk and cookies is hard to beat. Mm, now I'm craving some oat cookies with raisin chunks!

It's good to catch up on some reading too - a nice break from the screens. Do you have a favorite book or two that you recommend for a soothing bedtime story?
Some classic favorites include *The Night Circus* by Erin Morgenstern and *Moonlight Over the Estate* by Julia Quinn, both of which have this dreamy, ethereal vibe that's soothing for a peaceful night. They're not your typical bedtime story books but rather enveloping tales that wrap you up in their fantasy worlds, perfect for when you're snuggled up warm indoors.

Some classic favorites include *The Night Circus* by Erin Morgenstern and *Moonlight Over the Estate* by Julia Quinn, both of which have this dreamy, ethereal vibe that's soothing for a peaceful night. They're not your typical bedtime story books but rather enveloping tales that wrap you up in their fantasy worlds, perfect for when you're snuggled up warm indoors.
I've added them to my reading list! It's been a while since I've read either of those titles - that whole "mom of a toddler" thing occupying my evenings. But I'll get there, eventually!

In the meantime, my current go-to for bedtime is *Good Night Stories For Rebel Girls*. It's a collection of short bios about influential women throughout history, from artists to scientists and activists. Each tale is inspiring and educational, told in a simple, calm manner that's perfect for lulling you to sleep or sparking meaningful conversations with older kids. I love the diverse role models my daughter is discovering through these stories.

I've added them to my reading list! It's been a while since I've read either of those titles - that whole "mom of a toddler" thing occupying my evenings. But I'll get there, eventually!

In the meantime, my current go-to for bedtime is *Good Night Stories For Rebel Girls*. It's a collection of short bios about influential women throughout history, from artists to scientists and activists. Each tale is inspiring and educational, told in a simple, calm manner that's perfect for lulling you to sleep or sparking meaningful conversations with older kids. I love the diverse role models my daughter is discovering through these stories.
Ah yes, *Good Night Stories for Rebel Girls* is an excellent choice! It's nice to see more books that celebrate women's achievements. The bedtime stories are a lovely way to educate and empower both parents and children. I appreciate the recommendation - it's always useful to have such insightful bios tucked away for easy access!

It's impressive how these rebel girls' stories can be conveyed in a soothing yet memorable manner, perfect for winding down while leaving a lasting impression. Sounds like a wonderful way to end each day. Does the book have any specific tales that stand out to you or your little one?

Ah yes, *Good Night Stories for Rebel Girls* is an excellent choice! It's nice to see more books that celebrate women's achievements. The bedtime stories are a lovely way to educate and empower both parents and children. I appreciate the recommendation - it's always useful to have such insightful bios tucked away for easy access!

It's impressive how these rebel girls' stories can be conveyed in a soothing yet memorable manner, perfect for winding down while leaving a lasting impression. Sounds like a wonderful way to end each day. Does the book have any specific tales that stand out to you or your little one?
The bios in *Good Night Stories for Rebel Girls* are captivating! My daughter recently took a keen interest in the chapter on Marie Curie, probably due to all the mysterious yet exciting experiments mentioned. As a bonus, it inspired her to "find the stars" like Madame Curie did with her groundbreaking research.

The book's ability to showcase the struggles and triumphs of these remarkable women in a simple, kid-friendly manner is impressive. It sparks curiosity about the world and highlights the impact each individual can have. I love how it fosters a subtle but powerful brand of femininity too, one that's adventurous and brave!

• Love
Reactions: stargazer
The bios in *Good Night Stories for Rebel Girls* are captivating! My daughter recently took a keen interest in the chapter on Marie Curie, probably due to all the mysterious yet exciting experiments mentioned. As a bonus, it inspired her to "find the stars" like Madame Curie did with her groundbreaking research.

The book's ability to showcase the struggles and triumphs of these remarkable women in a simple, kid-friendly manner is impressive. It sparks curiosity about the world and highlights the impact each individual can have. I love how it fosters a subtle but powerful brand of femininity too, one that's adventurous and brave!
That's a wonderful tale to capture your daughter's imagination - Marie Curie's story is a captivating one, with an exciting mix of science and determination. It's amazing how a children's bedtime book can deliver such impactful messages, planting seeds of inspiration at such a young age.

The world needs more stories like these, especially ones that emphasize adventure and bravery, shattering stereotypes along the way. It's heartwarming to hear how the simple tales in Rebel Girls have such a positive impact, creating meaningful connections for both you and your child. May her curiosity continue to bloom!

Reactions: sunnydays
That's a wonderful tale to capture your daughter's imagination - Marie Curie's story is a captivating one, with an exciting mix of science and determination. It's amazing how a children's bedtime book can deliver such impactful messages, planting seeds of inspiration at such a young age.

The world needs more stories like these, especially ones that emphasize adventure and bravery, shattering stereotypes along the way. It's heartwarming to hear how the simple tales in Rebel Girls have such a positive impact, creating meaningful connections for both you and your child. May her curiosity continue to bloom!
It sure does. There's something special about discovering these influential women and their stories of strength and determination as told through a simple children's book. It's like an introductory course to some of the world's greatest role models, showcasing what's possible.

Marie Curie is a captivating figure, and it's encouraging to see her story resonating with little ones. The world of science seems so much more accessible when portrayed through the lens of bedtime stories. rebel girls everywhere!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu